08 tour confirmed...

TJW.88

Why would he say that if there wasnt a tour??

To pressure Robert into touring, basically all the other members are free apart from Plant who has his Plant/Krauss thing and a Strange Sensation album. Page has always wanted a tour immensley but I agree with him that it would be silly to do one gig playing a small (for a band as big as Zep) venue and calling it a day. However, Plant being Plant expect him to embrace being a born again bluesgrass artist and never playing with Zeppelin again.

I think Robert Plant stays unpredictable to keep what he does vital. When Zeppelin was new it had the element of discovery. Today he draws from Zeppelin without getting locked into it; in this way he maintains artistic freedom, and a myriad array of options unfolds. Bluegrass with its tradition of being connected to the human soul naturally draws him onto its path.

I think Robert Plant stays unpredictable to keep what he does vital. When Zeppelin was new it had the element of discovery. Today he draws from Zeppelin without getting locked into it; in this way he maintains artistic freedom, and a myriad array of options unfolds. Bluegrass with its tradition of being connected to the human soul naturally draws him onto its path.

Nice to see a post like this. :beer: Well put.

IF they tour, my guess is that they would play stadiums in the summer. Why on earth would they play at 20,000 seat arenas when they can play to 50-75,000 in a stadium?

Touring over the summer would give RP time to do his promotions/tours with Alison Krauss this winter and spring.

IF they tour, my guess is that they would play stadiums in the summer. Why on earth would they play at 20,000 seat arenas when they can play to 50-75,000 in a stadium?

Touring over the summer would give RP time to do his promotions/tours with Alison Krauss this winter and spring.

If they tour I'm praying they stick with the 20,000 seat venue. Stadiums are too big. Unless they do the center stage thing.... If you do Stadiums, Center Stage is the only way to do it.

And I'm really starting to think their will be more shows. If they do play it will be interesting to see what they choose.

• 2 weeks later...

Add your favorite city here Unconfirmed.

:P Let's just let Page/Plant/Jones give Ahmet's momory a night to remember........then, in time, let the guys soak in what they just experienced and if they all feel real good about it maybe, just maybe, they might do another...or a few...or a tour....but I would'nt wager on it.

• 1 month later...

I won't believe it until I hear it straight from the "horses mouth" so until the band members make an official announcement I won't get my hopes high, Robert seems to be quite content right now promoting his cd and gigs with Ms. Krauss, and rightfully so, the work is brilliant. So until then I will live with my memories of the June 19, 1977 concert in San Diego.

Archived