RIP Ernest Borgnine

Reggie29

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/07/09/movies/ernest-borgnine-tough-but-tender-actor-is-dead-at-95.xml

We had an event for Ernest Borgnine's book a few years ago and were trying to book him again for an event with Kirk Douglas, where they would both sign their respective books and we could show "The Vikings". Sadly now, that won't come to pass.

A great guy to share a drink with and listen to his great stories.

"I'm 81 years old and I like to speak my mind. As a legacy, on the day I die, I'd like to have a newspaper publish all the things that I find wrong in the United States today. And my first would be to get rid of the politicians. We put politicians into Congress and the Senate for what? For representation. But who do they represent? They represent not only their party, but the people who give them the money, the lobbyists."

~Ernest Borgnine in 1998

R.I.P. Ernie. :(

post-1470-0-60419200-1341795509.jpg

A friend of mine from work had met Mr Borgnine a few different times and said he was a wonderful guy.. real good with kids.

I respect McHale's Navy but, my favorite role of his was Detective Rogo from The Poseidon Adventure.

Rest in Peace

We had an event for Ernest Borgnine's book a few years ago and were trying to book him again for an event with Kirk Douglas, where they would both sign their respective books and we could show "The Vikings". Sadly now, that won't come to pass.

What a great movie!

Archived