• Obama (US Citizen)
    • Romney (US Citizen)
    • Other Candidate (US Citizen)
    • Not Voting (US Citizen)
    • Obama (Non-US Citizen)
    • Romney (Non-US Citizen)
    • Other Candidate (Non-US Citizen)
    • Don't Care (Non-US Citizen)

Being from the UK I don't understand the presidential run up, but now I am bemused as to why a storm favours Obama???

The thinking is that it will give him a good chance to be a "rock" and show leadership in helping millions of people who need help right now. In theory, doing this a few days before the election could help sway people. I don't buy it but I understand the theory.

Being from the UK I don't understand the presidential run up, but now I am bemused as to why a storm favours Obama???

A few theories.....

1. Romney and Ryan have both expressed an interest in eliminating FEMA as a federal operation, by either privatizing their operations, or delegating those responsibilities to the State level.

2. The Republicans have struggled over the years in response to national disasters. Both Bushes were accused of having a less than quick response to nat'l disasters on their watch.

3. Florida, a major swing State that is constantly threatened by hurricanes, has much experience with FEMA. I doubt the Republican position on FEMA leaves Floridians with much confidence about future responses from the Federal Gov't.

A few theories.....

1. Romney and Ryan have both expressed an interest in eliminating FEMA as a federal operation, by either privatizing their operations, or delegating those responsibilities to the State level.

2. The Republicans have struggled over the years in response to national disasters. Both Bushes were accused of having a less than quick response to nat'l disasters on their watch.

3. Florida, a major swing State that is constantly threatened by hurricanes, has much experience with FEMA. I doubt the Republican position on FEMA leaves Floridians with much confidence about future responses from the Federal Gov't.

FEMA is getting horrible reviews from those in need here in the NY area, it's not like it sucked under Bush and it's a well-oiled machine under Obama.

Must be an election coming up perhaps?

It took Obama 7 days to visit Joplin, Missouri after a tornado wiped out half of the town and killed 120 people.

It took him 14 days to visit the gulf coast after the BP oil spill.

He declined to visit Tennessee after the historic 1000 year floods.

He ignored the Texas wildfires when over 400 homes were lost.

And of course,he ignored the calls for help from Benghazi.

But it took him one day to visit the hurricane damage on the east coast.

Then again, there’s an election next week.

Must be an election coming up perhaps?

It took Obama 7 days to visit Joplin, Missouri after a tornado wiped out half of the town and killed 120 people.

It took him 14 days to visit the gulf coast after the BP oil spill.

He declined to visit Tennessee after the historic 1000 year floods.

He ignored the Texas wildfires when over 400 homes were lost.

And of course,he ignored the calls for help from Benghazi.

But it took him one day to visit the hurricane damage on the east coast.

Then again, there’s an election next week.

That took 24 minutes. You're slipping my friend.

Obama's plan to get his people off the the plantation.

Big Jump in Unemployment for Blacks

Daniel Halper

November 2, 2012 9:02 AM

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the biggest change in employment over the last month affected black workers. In September, the unemployment rate for blacks was 13.4 percent. In October, that number jumped to 14.3 percent, an almost a full percentage point change, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Unemployment for whites remained steady at 7 percent.

Likewise, the unemployment rate remain unchanged for teenagers (23.7 percent) and adult men (7.3 percent).

For Asians the rate ticked up, from 4.8 percent tp 4.9 percent. Likewise for Hispanics, from 9.9 percent to 10 percent.

The unemployment rate for adult women shifted up to 7.2 percent from 7.0 percent.

And, of course, overall, the unemployment rate went up from 7.8 percent in September to 7.9 percent in October.

the-weekly-standard-print.gif

A few theories.....

You're assuming voters actually think. You're average voter doesn't know or care anything about FEMA or either parties position on it. Whether the Republican idea is a good or a bad thing won't matter. All the voters will see is either the storm experience went over very badly (vote Republican) or it didn't (vote Democrat). I also don't believe the argument about disasters are handled better by Democrats will fly either after the BP incident or and the Lybia attacks and terrible responses to them by the Dem's administration.

Htae is not a family value but teaching your family that Republicans are evil apparently is okay with democrats.

That is downright evil. What is this terrible father going to say to his son if Romney wins and he's terrified his family is going to be sold into slavery (I assume that is what is meant by "Going back to the crop fields")? American's have genuinely sold their souls for these worthless politicians.

Htae is not a family value but teaching your family that Republicans are evil apparently is okay with democrats.

Come on, Black Dawg, you know there are idiots on all sides. There are plenty of Republicans that teach their kids to hate Democrats, too. I've been in the South often enough to know what goes on...especially in all those churches.

Driving through Arkansas listening to all the hate being spewed towards Democrats, liberals, minorities, Jews, homosexuals, feminists, "New York" and "Hollywood" was one of the most depressing experiences of my life.

Some churches actually tell their congregations that they'll burn in hell if they vote Democrat.

Like I said, I'm glad all this bullshit will be over next Tuesday. Every election it gets worse and worse...I practically paid little to no attention to this Presidential election. For the first time in my life, I didn't watch a single debate.

Saw this just a minute ago near the bank on Sunset & Vine in Hollywood.

post-1470-0-43903100-1351881184_thumb.jp

With the election four days away, those in NY City that are without power, will not be thinking of getting to their voting places. This could really hurt Obama in NY although I am sure they will have a plan to allow an extention. But I do not believe the turnout will be good in that area. NY could go red?

Can you believe BetUs sports, who I use to gamble through, has Romney as a +250 underdog!! I just put ten on Romney to make $25. One sick fuck arent I?

God sent Superstorm Sandy to save us all from Romney. Praise the Lord!

The guy knows he's on a loser...today, he looked like he's been stealing his wife's tranks. How can half of you be thinking about voting for this blatantly insincere charlatan? He's hopelessly out of his depth.

A good fake of a human being, IMO.

The guy knows he's on a loser...today, he looked like he's been stealing his wife's tranks. How can half of you be thinking about voting for this blatantly insincere charlatan? He's hopelessly out of his depth.

And the alternative...?

f-it-0.jpg?w=762&h=512

Obama better be worrying about all the latest that is coming out about the Benghazi incident. There will be hearings on that even if he is re-elected. To me he is a murderer- as he , Joe Biden, Hilary Clinton and the other staff sat in that situation room and watched as those 4 people were killed -when they had 7 hours to send help to them. And what kind of a president gives the men who were there guns- but no ammunition. Pathetic.

With the election four days away, those in NY City that are without power, will not be thinking of getting to their voting places. This could really hurt Obama in NY although I am sure they will have a plan to allow an extention. But I do not believe the turnout will be good in that area. NY could go red?

Can you believe BetUs sports, who I use to gamble through, has Romney as a +250 underdog!! I just put ten on Romney to make $25. One sick fuck arent I?

I don't think Armageddon could turn New York or California from blue to red. In Texas, the reverse is just as true. I'm getting quite a chuckle from the spin on the political polls since the last debate. Fox News and the Detroit News has Michigan a dead heat.....in reality, Obama is up by 8 %. Same with Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Iowa....there's not a chance Romney is going to win those States. If you check impartial polls, Obama leads in most swing States....but not on Fox news with 'the real clear political poll'. It's about as clear as that mumbling botox riddled bitch,Kimberly Guilfoyle, that sits on the left on "The Five". What an unpleasant individual !

I wish I had Adam Sandler's remote from the movie 'CLICK' so I could fast forward this damned election.

But could you pick the right day ? With results that will be pending from places like Cincinnatti, Cleveland, Miami, and Sandyville, I see nothing but a total cluster-fuck dead ahead.

How could any of you possibly vote for Romney/Ryan when Mitt believes that homosexuality is a sin...?

I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up! And to think, I was about to base my decision on the economy and getting jobs for millions of people who are in dire financial circumstances.

With so few that voted here lets hope its not a microcosm of the rest of the country. Obviously not, as its international also. Two more days. It may be a long night. I wonder what they are going to do about the voting in NY city? NJ? Some areas cant be ready.

Archived