• Obama (US Citizen)
    • Romney (US Citizen)
    • Other Candidate (US Citizen)
    • Not Voting (US Citizen)
    • Obama (Non-US Citizen)
    • Romney (Non-US Citizen)
    • Other Candidate (Non-US Citizen)
    • Don't Care (Non-US Citizen)

I really don't like Romney, never have. But Obama is so bad at his job that I hope Romney cleans Obama's clock on Tuesday.

Like Bill Clinton's advisor once said, "It's the economy stupid". Will be much better to have a 'bottom line' guy calling the shots over this "community organizer" from Chicago.

Why Hillary wasn't the choice I'll never understand.

I really don't like Romney, never have. But Obama is so bad at his job that I hope Romney cleans Obama's clock on Tuesday.

Like Bill Clinton's advisor once said, "It's the economy stupid". Will be much better to have a 'bottom line' guy calling the shots over this "community organizer" from Chicago.

I said this over and over four years ago. She was the better choice. All the Obama supporter's that were beating their chests on this site are long gone. Hiding in seclusion and in shame. You do you like our boy now Hermit wherever you are? I know somewhere out there you are reading. I do not know personally anyone that wants Obama. Republican or Democrat. The fact that so many in his own party are willing to cross party lines to whack him is just something you rarely see in polotics. But CNN, who I once blindly stuck up for, is indeed fueling the spin machine until the clock strikes midnight. If we are to believe the exit polls, we will not know the outcome at midnight. At least midnight on the East coast. And the situation in NY could delay it officially for days even if the electoral numbers are insurmountable. If the city does not turn out, NY could be painted red for the first time since Reagan? Unlikely I know. But not impossible. I can't stand the new ballot system here. No more booth with the curtain and the levels, which were much easier. Now alot of paperwork and mass confusion. For the uneducated, a certainty that some will fail to get it the way they intended. Happy Tuesday in advance all. See you at the polls. The place I have to vote at, I'll be in line right behind Mr Green Jeans and Ma and Pa Kettle

She was a better candidate but she has made a big negative impression on too many people over the years. The polls at the time said somewhere in the neighborhood of 50% of the nation claimed they didn't like her and would never vote for her. And so many voters in primary season vote according to perceived electability as opposed to the issues. That's my opinion on why she didn't win the nomination.

She [Hillary Clinton] was a better candidate but she has made a big negative impression on too many people over the years. The polls at the time said somewhere in the neighborhood of 50% of the nation claimed they didn't like her and would never vote for her. And so many voters in primary season vote according to perceived electability as opposed to the issues. That's my opinion on why she didn't win the nomination.

She may have ruffled some feathers, but with Hillary you could reasonably sure what you were going to get. Obama was questionable right from the start. If I recall correctly Hillary lost the nomination because of super-delegates who were in the bag with the Kennedy wing and thus for Obama. Hillary actually had more popular votes.

I find it hillarious that Bill is out stumping for Obama when Bill Clinton HATES the man for playing the race card agains Hillary. Bill Clinton tried to get his wife to challenge Obama for the nomination, but she wouldn't do it. Now he is playing :"the game" like a good soldier. Me thinks Clinton knows Obama is going to lose or he wouldn't bother helping him anyway.

She may have ruffled some feathers, but with Hillary you could reasonably sure what you were going to get. Obama was questionable right from the start. If I recall correctly Hillary lost the nomination because of super-delegates who were in the bag with the Kennedy wing and thus for Obama. Hillary actually had more popular votes.

I find it hillarious that Bill is out stumping for Obama when Bill Clinton HATES the man for playing the race card agains Hillary. Bill Clinton tried to get his wife to challenge Obama for the nomination, but she wouldn't do it. Now he is playing :"the game" like a good soldier. Me thinks Clinton knows Obama is going to lose or he wouldn't bother helping him anyway.

That makes sense and he knows that we know he does not like Obama. He was just in Rochester, here where I live to help Slaughter keep her seat in Congress. I hope she does because I hate the bitch that is running against her. Monroe County leader Brooks. I worked there for many years. All a bunch of crooks. Slaughter should win that one. CNN a left wing site, is calling this a dead heat. And you know they are going to spin this for Obama. That should be good news. But until its final, Ill sweat it out.

CNN a left wing site, is calling this a dead heat. And you know they are going to spin this for Obama. That should be good news. But until its final, Ill sweat it out.

Yeah, with a A D+11 sample! By comparison, the electorate in 2008, when Obama-mania was at its peak, was merely D+7, according to exit polls. Btw, the Redskins Rule favors Romney if you put any credence into something like that.

I have to honestly say that most people can only spend time on the negative in each party. We are lucky that we have the freedom to vote. Since there is still no Independent party, I will cast my vote tomorrow, but whatever the outcome, I know I have to live with it for at least four years.

I love wearing my ..."Joe Walsh For President" :peace:

We are lucky that we have the freedom to vote."

Right on, sister! Voting is an awesome privilege even with all the machinations that are the reality of our political process.

I love all the HRC support here! But I do think her political career is over. I think she'll do something similar to CGI for women and girls. Many pundits have said she's a potential for SCOTUS which would be fantastic.

Big Dog - his main motivation is keeping Big Dog on top (even when HRC was running) and that's from someone who really loves Bill because when it's all said and done, he's the most intellectually brilliant president we've ever had. (I'm not suggesting he always applied his brilliance... :)

My final word - I don't think anyone's clock is going to be cleaned. I think it's going to be very close but I do think Obama is going to reelected.

And here's a funny that maybe everyone's already seen but it's probably the one thing that we can ALL agree with -

These elections are such a non-issues based joke I'm just waiting for Dwayne Johnson to run for President. With how well he could work-up a crowd as The Rock he win would win a landslide even if he was advocating seceding the nation's sovereignty to North Korea.

To be honest I will be glad when it's all over. Here in the UK they put it the news programmes BEFORE the news from Britain. I goes on and on about the election and this morning it was Oh by the way a man was charged with the murder of six children in Derby. BBC and ITV get your priorities right.Whoever gets in Cameron and his puppets will be kissing their arse for the next four years.

By this time tomorrow night it'll all be over, one way or another.

In the meantime, instead of wasting time watching these phony debates and endless meaningless photo ops masquerading as "news", I've been spending time with the brilliance of George Carlin.

A few favourites...

"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death."

"The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post 'Thou shalt not steal,' 'Thou shalt not commit adultery,' and 'Thou shalt not lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment."

"Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here...like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. Fuck Hope.'"

What the hell is wrong Strider? Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed? Did your wife hit you with a skillet? Damn. Putting down the knowledgable, driven American public. How dare you. :lol:

Gee, its only 430 in the morning where you are at. I assume your a snooze with the Who's. Wake up and get to the polls. I hate this new system here. No levers any more. Paper work. And supervision. I feel like I am back in my second grade Catholic school and Sister Grouchy is going to whack me with a ruler up side my head.

From above-linked article...

Romney’s tax avoidance is legal and common among high-net-worth individuals

So-o-o-o-o... he's guilty of being a high-net-worth individual? :blink:

I think the thing that surprises me most (I guess it shouldn't) is how so many people have no clue about the capital-gains tax, and all the resulting Buffet Rule rhetoric.

This is money (income) that has already been taxed initially at normal, higher rates.

It is then invested, and the money it generates from that investment is taxed at the subsequent LOWER capital-gains rate.

"But, TypeO, why is it taxed at a lower rate??? That's not FAIR!!!"

Because there is RISK involved.

That invested money isn't guaranteed to make a profit.

It could just as easily LOSE worth.

Investment helps grow the economy, so those who RISK losing money by investing are rewarded when it's successful by paying less taxes on the profits generated by their initial, after-tax investment money.

If that money was taxed at the same, higher rate as normal income, there would be no incentive to take a risk.

That would result in less investments.

When investments go down, the economy stagnates, and there are fewer jobs available.

So by incentivising investment with lower tax rates, the economy grows stronger, and more jobs become available.

Capitalism.

It fucking rocks.

From above-linked article...

So-o-o-o-o... he's guilty of being a high-net-worth individual? :blink:

I think the thing that surprises me most (I guess it shouldn't) is how so many people have no clue about the capital-gains tax, and all the resulting Buffet Rule rhetoric.

This is money (income) that has already been taxed initially at normal, higher rates.

It is then invested, and the money it generates from that investment is taxed at the subsequent LOWER capital-gains rate.

"But, TypeO, why is it taxed at a lower rate??? That's not FAIR!!!"

Because there is RISK involved.

That invested money isn't guaranteed to make a profit.

It could just as easily LOSE worth.

Investment helps grow the economy, so those who RISK losing money by investing are rewarded when it's successful by paying less taxes on the profits generated by their initial, after-tax investment money.

If that money was taxed at the same, higher rate as normal income, there would be no incentive to take a risk.

That would result in less investments.

When investments go down, the economy stagnates, and there are fewer jobs available.

So by incentivising investment with lower tax rates, the economy grows stronger, and more jobs become available.

Capitalism.

It fucking rocks.

Bro, you will never convince the entitled classes that rich people aren't the boogy-man. Because if Johnny got a new bike and I didn't then I hate Johnny and I want HIS bike! You could explain this to them everyday for a thousand years and they will still vote for the community organizer who promised them something for nothing everyday for the last 4 years.

By this time tomorrow night it'll all be over, one way or another.

In the meantime, instead of wasting time watching these phony debates and endless meaningless photo ops masquerading as "news", I've been spending time with the brilliance of George Carlin.

A few favourites...

"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death."

"The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post 'Thou shalt not steal,' 'Thou shalt not commit adultery,' and 'Thou shalt not lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment."

"Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here...like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. Fuck Hope.'"

Yes! I love that you posted this...I actually posted the video from the last quote here on 'Make me laugh' recently, with no response.

The sentiment expressed by the brilliant Mr Carlin is the driving force behind my own little protest this time around. I am not voting. They all suck.

Over and out.

Here's the full text of what I meant to say earlier...

At long last, our national nightmare is over, one way or another. The end of the 2012 Presidential Election is at hand.

I might have mentioned before how disgusted I am at the way modern political campaigns are waged and how elections are covered(or mis-covered) by the media. It is a farce of, if not Jacobian, then Marxist proportions.

That would be the Marx Bros...not Karl.

A few relevant favourites...

"Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked. Once you leave the womb, conservatives don't care about you until you reach military age. Then you’re just what they’re looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers."

In case you're wondering, I prefer Obama to Romney. Yes, Obama has his faults and is far from perfect. But why bring back the same bunch that nearly destroyed the economy 4 years ago? I also don't like how the Republicans like to get their cold, clammy hands on women's reproductive organs.

I know Obama will carry California...it's the rest of the country I'm wondering about.

Good luck voting.

Already multiple accounts of election fraud. Obama's people cheated in the last election so I guess we can't expect more of them now. If I have to live with a worthless bum of a President at least let him win a fair election.

Archived