• Obama (US Citizen)
    • Romney (US Citizen)
    • Other Candidate (US Citizen)
    • Not Voting (US Citizen)
    • Obama (Non-US Citizen)
    • Romney (Non-US Citizen)
    • Other Candidate (Non-US Citizen)
    • Don't Care (Non-US Citizen)

Quick question, Type O: if there's been a coordinated campaign to suppress any and all damaging coverage about Obama, his background, and his policies, how come you and millions of people who share your views don't like him? Oh, right, you're part of the Netflix, Youtube, Fox News underground. You're even brave enough to post your dissent on the message board of an obscure rock band's fan site. Quite the secret rebel movement you've got there. Way to stand up against the monolith!

I'll balance that crack with the observation that, if there was a coordinated campaign to trick the US public into supporting the 2003 Iraq war, how come millions of people demonstrated against it? Oh, right, they were part of the Netflix, MoveOn, Fahrenheit 9/11, In These Times, The Nation, underground. Quite the secret rebel movement they had there. Way to stand up against the monolith!

"Underground"?

Really?

You extrapolate my comments into tinfoil-hat extremism.

I didn't say "any and all".

The media doesn't have to influence everyone, just that 15% or so right in the middle every election, most of whom have a TV watching ratio of about 10 parts Dancing with the Stars to about 1 part of the first 10 minutes or so of the evening news while they wolf down dinner (before tuning in to Dancing with the Stars).

You poo-poo my comments regarding the role of the media because it doesn't support your own published opinion - I get it.

I don't have an invested agenda - I'm just speaking my mind.

And I don't remember much of a media campaign to get support for the war.

Maybe it was in between the daily death counts.

9/11 generated the bulk of any "support" that existed for the war.

In fact, I think the media led the charge for attaining "quagmire" status by emphasizing early on how quickly things were happening and "progressing", even though Bush himself repeated many times it would take a lot of time to accomplish the goals they had in mind.

And it was the media who disingenuously repeated - ad nauseum - "Mission Accomplished", even though Bush never spoke those words nor was he referring to the war in general.

Most people have forgotten - if they ever even knew to begin with - the fact that that banner referenced the mission of the returning carrier group he was delivering the speech from.

Here's the part where I ignore your smug snarkiness.

I don't need the media or anyone else to tell me why I like or don't like a candidate.

I don't like Obama because the bulk of his policies run absolutely counter to my personal beliefs.

They are too many to list, and many have been mentioned in my previous posts.

Oh, by the way, you forgot links to your book in the last couple posts.

Don't worry, I got you covered.

http://www.amazon.com/Dumbing-Down-Dissent-Fallacies-Political/dp/1463690150/ref=la_B001JS6RIG_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1342099566&sr=1-5

Speaking of media bias, love how CNN and some others in the MSM just focused on the boos Romney received in his NAACP speech and ignored the standing ovation he got. Would love to see Obama give a speech to the NRA or Tea Party and see how he would fare in a similar type situation.

Speaking of media bias, love how CNN and some others in the MSM just focused on the boos Romney received in his NAACP speech and ignored the standing ovation he got. Would love to see Obama give a speech to the NRA or Tea Party and see how he would fare in a similar type situation.

Hell, I would have loved to hear the speech Obama *would* give to the NAACP.

Scheduling conflict? Yeah, right. Valerie Jarrett probably told Obama to stay as far away from Houston as possible.

Fluffington Post had Romney as their #1 headline poster child yesterday...

I've just gone through today's 40+ Fluffington Headlines and don't see a damn thing about Biden speaking at convention today. Biden is usually good for a quote or two.

I dig reading and watching media bias.

> if there's been a coordinated campaign to suppress any and all damaging coverage about Obama, his background, and his policies, how come you and millions of people who share your views don't like him?

Where should I start,....? College records?

Bill Ayers?

More?

> Oh, right, you're part of the Netflix, Youtube, Fox News underground. <

WTF are you talking about?

>I'll balance that crack with the observation that, if there was a coordinated campaign to trick the US public into supporting the 2003 Iraq war, how come millions of people demonstrated against it? ,

Your smoking crack,....then why did Congress and the *gag* UN approve of it?

Where the fuck is Code Pink and Cindy Sheehan now?

As Barry shuffles cards,...

At some point I assume this thread may perhaps turn in the direction of the issues at hand this country is facing rather than which stations are to the right and which are to the left. We all know pretty much by now that /CNN is far left and Fox is far right. Where the hell are you Hermit? Come on here and tell me what a great job your hero has done. I highly doubt you have the ammuntion to support it. Perhaps by now you have done a 360? Or are you simply like most, non movable, and party loyal to the end? I am going to cross party lines for sure this time. A change is needed. Both parties are indeed divided more than I can ever remember. I will not say too much just yet. This thread is loaded with land mines.

Where the hell are you Hermit? Come on here and tell me what a great job your hero has done. I highly doubt you have the ammuntion to support it. Perhaps by now you have done a 360? Or are you simply like most, non movable, and party loyal to the end?

Don't worry about Hermit, Cornelius - the nonsense Obama puts before addressing the real problems is by design to thrill little shits like him...

Don't worry about Hermit, Cornelius - the nonsense Obama puts before addressing the real problems is by design to thrill little shits like him...

Ha. Cornelius. Can't let that go I guess. I hope you are not calling me that to try and get me whacked? Because they know full well that I am Yukon and am back with permission. As for Hermit, I did not agree with him at all on polotics, I am only saying he livened up the place.

I have definitely changed my mind.

More than Marco Rubio, I'd like to see Condoleezza Rice chosen as VP.

That's a tiger the O-Team absolutely would not be able to handle.

Not to mention putting a plug in a lot of the race-baiting.

Some of my friends who are hardcore democrats attended a speech of hers in Chicago a couple of months ago, and they were floored, in a good way.

Living in NY, I know a LOT of democrats, and there are more of them who are thinking seriously about voting for Romney than polls would lead you to believe. Rice as VP would be smart.

I hope she doesn't run as VP. Not just because I don't think she would make a good President but because of how she would be treated. The Dems bread and butter is convincing people that the Republicans hate them. Everyone on the right is a racist, sexist, bigot who wants destroy everyone who isn't a straight, white, Christian male. When someone gets ahead in the party who doesn't fit that bill the left goes wild and treats them a particularly shameful manner. Just look at Sarah Palin. They treated her the way they did because she was a woman. I never dreamed so much focus could be put on a VP candidate. They attacked her more than McCain. Imagine if a BLACK WOMAN was the VP candidate. I don't wish her the kind of treatment the left will give her.

I hope she doesn't run as VP. Not just because I don't think she would make a good President but because of how she would be treated. The Dems bread and butter is convincing people that the Republicans hate them. Everyone on the right is a racist, sexist, bigot who wants destroy everyone who isn't a straight, white, Christian male. When someone gets ahead in the party who doesn't fit that bill the left goes wild and treats them a particularly shameful manner. Just look at Sarah Palin. They treated her the way they did because she was a woman. I never dreamed so much focus could be put on a VP candidate. They attacked her more than McCain. Imagine if a BLACK WOMAN was the VP candidate. I don't wish her the kind of treatment the left will give her.

On the other hand, Palin arguably debated Biden to a draw, which amounted to a win for her. Imagine what Condi would do to him in a debate.

Then again, every name I've heard mentioned as a VP candidate this year would wipe the floor with Joe.

On the other hand, Palin arguably debated Biden to a draw, which amounted to a win for her. Imagine what Condi would do to him in a debate.

Then again, every name I've heard mentioned as a VP candidate this year would wipe the floor with Joe.

I could wipe the floor with Joe. He ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer if you know what I'm saying. I think she would freaking own him in a debate. She has a lot of relevant experience that would help her both get elected and serve but I'm not personally sold she would do an overall satisfactory job. Although I don't like Romney, IF he doesn't do what nearly every candidate in every election does and govern differently than he runs he has the ability get the economy moving. The best move for the country is to pick a VP experienced in economics.

And honestly, it's really stupid, but the best way to win the election would be for Romney to pick a celebrity as VP. There really is no legitimacy left in the US presidential election so if he really wants to win appoint Chuck Norris or Aerosmith as VP and all the stupid voters (which make up roughly 90% of voters) will vote for him.

This is mistake post. I accidentally quoted myself instead of editing and now I can't get rid of this. So to make this less of a waste here is a video of the last great President of the United States.

Palin is crafty but not vice presidential or presidential material. RIce is 1000 times more qualified than Palin and any Democrat would admit that. I think she would be a great addition to a Romney ticket and I am not a Romney supporter.

Personally I think there is a big problem that Republicans keep nominating people too far to the left. I can't remember the last candidate that the conservatives got excited about. Romney? McCain? Bush? Dole? A hundred times no. The Democrats are moving farther and farther to the left. They are so far left now they have a dangerous radical who is literally destroying the country. Yet the Republicans think being moderate is the way to go? Give the voters an alternative. Not Moderate vs Liberal. How about a good old fashion Right vs Left type of smackdown? Reagan vs Carter, not Carter vs Carter Jr. With the Republicans moving to the left and Democrats moving farther to the left it doesn't matter which party wins an election because the country gets more liberal either way. The only thing that can prevent a landslide unelecting of the current administration is the Republicans offering a variation and not an alternative. Jimmy Carter was twice the campaigner and ten times the President as Obama but he will probably get releceted and it's not because of anything he did. It's because the Republicans just don't get it.

I recently saw a clip from the last election where OBAMA said that MCCAIN had no record to run on! It's not that he's ballsy, he has no trace of brains or integrity of any kind.

"If you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own...If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made it happen." -Barack Obama

Who knew?

:wtf:

Not me. I've known a lot of people that built a business. If your business is going to be successful you have to make it happen. There is something wrong with this guy.

Archived