• Obama (US Citizen)
    • Romney (US Citizen)
    • Other Candidate (US Citizen)
    • Not Voting (US Citizen)
    • Obama (Non-US Citizen)
    • Romney (Non-US Citizen)
    • Other Candidate (Non-US Citizen)
    • Don't Care (Non-US Citizen)

Seriously, yes...if someone is running for the leadership of this country they should disclose what has been the going rate for financial disclosure, 12 years of returns. If there's nothing to hide, there should be no problem. If he doesnt want to show them for personal reasons, then dont run for public office. I know doesn't HAVE TO, and nobody - especially Obama - is gonna tell them what to do cause he's not "Mitt the Twit" or "Mitt the Wimp" as has been written..or at least that's what he trying to convince everyone. Even the GOP primary candidates said he should, but of course that's not being brought up anymore.

Seriously, yes...if someone is running for the leadership of this country they should disclose what has been the going rate for financial disclosure, 12 years of returns. If there's nothing to hide, there should be no problem. If he doesnt want to show them for personal reasons, then dont run for public office. I know doesn't HAVE TO, and nobody - especially Obama - is gonna tell them what to do cause he's not "Mitt the Twit" or "Mitt the Wimp" as has been written..or at least that's what he trying to convince everyone. Even the GOP primary candidates said he should, but of course that's not being brought up anymore.

Why 12? And why wasn't there a peep about Obama's last Presidential opponent releasing two years?

This is clearly a manufactured issue, one that I guess you're inclined to buy into.

But that's not the point, Walter.

How you feel about Romney releasing his tax records is legitimate.

As I stated, I feel differently, but that's irrelevant.

But can you honestly say you support a US Senator - AND we're not talking about just any US Senator, but the Senate Majority Leader - making an absolutely unsubstantiated and deliberately outrageous claim ON THE SENATE FLOOR for no other reason than to manipulate the victim into bending to his will?

Imagine if ANY Republican Senator took to the Senate Floor and claimed "the word is out" and that "he heard from a reliable source" (both phrases used by Harry Reid) that Obama had flunked out of college altogether in order to try and force Obama to release his college transcripts.

The outcry would be deafening, it would become a whole new story in itself, forcing the original story - Obama refusing to release his college records - into the background.

He would be hammered relentlessly by the media to reveal his source, and failing to do so, the topic would then turn to calls for censure and possible charges of slander.

But none of that is happening in this case, because no one on the left (least of all the media / Obama's personal attack dog) wants anything else to overshadow the drive to force Romney to reveal his tax records.

You see (and I know you already know this), when someone makes a claim, the burden of proof is on the person making the claim, not the accused.

It can't go both ways - for it when it's someone you don't support, and against it when it's someone you support.

It's grossly inappropriate, regardless of who the accused is.

And it divests Harry Reid of any shred of integrity he may have had before.

No, I do not support they way Reid has acted.

As far as Mstork, I don't care who the candidate is...he/she should be held to at least a decade's worth of financial disclosure. Just my opinion.

[this is a matter for the IRS and it really should not be a factor in politics].

[if he did something and they didn't catch him, there's either something wrong with the system, or he is very smart with finances].

[i personally hope the latter is true because then we might have a chance to kill some of the massive Obam-debt once he gets elected]

[obama sucks really bad]

[this is a matter for the IRS and it really should not be a factor in politics].

[if he did something and they didn't catch him, there's either something wrong with the system, or he is very smart with finances].

[i personally hope the latter is true because then we might have a chance to kill some of the massive Obam-debt once he gets elected]

[obama sucks really bad]

[and also, I'd like to announce my candidacy for forum poster of the year].

[i just did that].

[this message was paid for by the committe to elect docron]

As far as Mstork, I don't care who the candidate is...he/she should be held to at least a decade's worth of financial disclosure. Just my opinion.

Fair enough but will you admit that nobody, including you, cared in the least when McCain released "only" two years?

Ooops! Barry's collage records? :rolleyes: Where the fook are they?

Never mind.

Oops! His collage records...if you mean college records then I'm not sure what difference it makes. Nice deflection though.

Fair enough but will you admit that nobody, including you, cared in the least when McCain released "only" two years?

You're right! I never knew he only released 2 years to be honest. I would think it would be in romney's best interest to release them to at least put the whole Bain thing to rest. Whatever, it just leads to speculation and we see how our society runs with conspiracy theories!

You're right! I never knew he only released 2 years to be honest. I would think it would be in romney's best interest to release them to at least put the whole Bain thing to rest. Whatever, it just leads to speculation and we see how our society runs with conspiracy theories!

You never knew McCain released two years because two years is sufficient and nobody in the press or on the Obama team had a problem with it. Romney releasing two years has been turned into a big deal because Obama can't run on his record and he doesn't have a real scandal to tar Romney with, so they ginned up this one. Pretty sad you'd go along and blame "our society" for running with conspiracy theories. Put the blame where it belongs; on Obama and Axelrod.

Ahhh, common ground.

It can exist.

Opinions on the tax records are generally partisan in nature, but I think the crass leveling of wholly unsubstantiated claims cuts across party lines.

You never knew McCain released two years because two years is sufficient and nobody in the press or on the Obama team had a problem with it. Romney releasing two years has been turned into a big deal because Obama can't run on his record and he doesn't have a real scandal to tar Romney with, so they ginned up this one. Pretty sad you'd go along and blame "our society" for running with conspiracy theories. Put the blame where it belongs; on Obama and Axelrod.

Still disagree with only two years being released as being acceptable, or in romney's case, 1 year with an estimated second year. As far as why this is even an issue at all, if I remember correctly it was first brought up during the GOP primary debates, with a number of candidates calling for the release of more years. So your place place of blame seems to be a bit misguided.

Archived