• Obama (US Citizen)
    • Romney (US Citizen)
    • Other Candidate (US Citizen)
    • Not Voting (US Citizen)
    • Obama (Non-US Citizen)
    • Romney (Non-US Citizen)
    • Other Candidate (Non-US Citizen)
    • Don't Care (Non-US Citizen)

As a "foreigner" observing the fallout over the election results, the one thing that sticks out is, the perceived disunity comes because only a small portion of the population actually getting off their arses to vote.

Why do they hold elections there during the colder months anyway, we usually hold them in Spring or Summer?

Until everyone casts a vote to ensure a clear winner, nothing will ever change. Elections are always close or landslides no middle ground, ever.

So the right to complain about anything to do with politics is moot if one exercises their right not to vote. That make so sense to me.

Realistically, change takes at least two terms in office to be realised for better or worse.

Instead of uselessly complaining about what is, do something positive about what could be.

As JFK said, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

I never vote for the "person" only the party who has the better policies and solutions.

Elections are not nor should ever be popularity contests.

For the "winners" I hope things get better for your country as you made it happen and to the "losers", suck it up, move on and help to make things improve.

On a side note, the sooner alternative clean fuels are adopted and oil is used purely for lubricating moving parts, the better off the whole planet will be.

I don't subscribe to global warming or climate change per se (the world has been cooling since the year dot), but with the ozone layer still diminishing due to pollutants in the atmosphere that situation could change to.

When you have 3 million Republicans not even bother to show up to vote I kinda doubt it's because he was perceived as not moderate enough by his own base.

??? I'm talking about his appeal in general, in the end. Not just 3 million dumb ass Republican's who didn't vote. If he was allowed to be more of his own man, instead of being pulled much more to the right by his party than he really was/is, he would have possibly gotten some more of the minority votes, or votes in general. That's what all the flip-flopping was about, and I even saw that. It wasn't Romney who fucked up, it was his people. Some moron quoted something to the degree (from the Repub's party) saying that "romney was too soft"...???

The guy did excellent in the first debate and the second one wasn't a failure either. I think he did everything he could. I think he did a great job, but his influences steered him wrong. I'd have to guess there will be some turmoil within that party, in the coming months.

I thought he really, truly would have changed this country the best one President could, from his business perspectives and knowledge of how to "fix" things financially, alone, more-so than Obama. I tell you what, If the Repub's don't change their approach and start appealing more to minorities in this country and also stay away from creating/discussing big issues on Same Sex marriage and Abortion (which are ALL personal choices and shouldn't be a government issue) than they will have problems winning another Presidential election -even in 2016. And that's coming from someone who's an Independent and voted for Romney.

Have you ever in your life been inside project housing?

And to just to provide a break from the racist thinking (yes that's what it's called when you assume everyone on welfare is from one race) about welfare in this country.

From the Cato Institute (a libertarian think tank) and US Health & Human Services, October 2012

Number of Americans on Welfare: 4.3 Million

Number of Americans on Food Stamps: 47 Million

Number of Americans on Unemployment Insurance: 5.6 Million (edited to add this - forgot it in original post)

Recipients that are white: 38.8

Recipients that are black: 39.8

Recipients that are Hispanic: 15.7

Recipients that are Asian: 2.4

Recipients that are Other: 3.3

So it's not just your "black" friends' "people" it's Americans from all demographics.

Obama got like 80 percent of the Asian vote.

Hell, you make it sound like it was a landslide. You are just plaiin crazy. That map looked alot more red than blue to me. And it was pretty damn evenly divided once again. McCain's run was a joke and I voted for neither of them. I sat that one out. But to pretend this country is not divided is just dead wrong. Why is it that Dems and Reps both agree the country is split? BECAUSE IT FUCKING IS!!!

And to fdm12, to say women and people of color as you put it are not equally represented in government is a ridiculous statement. What are you looking for? Quota's? If you want to get to the top of the mountain you should earn it. Not get there just because you are a woman or a minority. That is another thing that is wrong with this fucked up country

those red areas have low population. it's like if i moved to antarctica and i was the only one there and my vote went to Obama and people would go "oh look at that huge blue area" obama must have a lot of support.

you say mccain's run was a joke, yet mccain got more voters than Romney and this is AFTER Obama has already served 4 years .

??? I'm talking about his appeal in general, in the end. Not just 3 million dumb ass Republican's who didn't vote. If he was allowed to be more of his own man, instead of being pulled much more to the right by his party than he really was/is, he would have possibly gotten some more of the minority votes, or votes in general. That's what all the flip-flopping was about, and I even saw that. It wasn't Romney who fucked up, it was his people. Some moron quoted something to the degree (from the Repub's party) saying that "romney was too soft"...???

well, he shouldn't have ran then or ran as an independent. the guy took a far more conservative position on immigration than newt gingrich, he went after Rick Perry (who has a more conservative record overall) for his position on immigration.

Bush and McCain who both have more conservative records got more latino votes than Romney.

??? I'm talking about his appeal in general, in the end. Not just 3 million dumb ass Republican's who didn't vote. If he was allowed to be more of his own man, instead of being pulled much more to the right than he really was/is, he would have possibly gotten some more of the minority votes, or votes in general. That's what all the flip-flopping was about, and I even saw that. Yet, I thought he really would have changed this country the best one President could, from his business perspectives and knowledge alone, more-so than Obama. I tell you what, If the Repub's don't change their approach and start appealing more to minorities in this country and also stay away from creating/discussing issues on Same Sex marriage and Abortion (which are ALL personal choices and shouldn't be a government issue) than they will have problems winning another Presidential election -even in 2016. And that's coming from someone who's an Independent and voted for Romney.

Those "3 million dumb ass Republican's who didn't vote" are probably what cost him the election. Republican turnout was less than in 2004 and 2008. And this was against an extremely unpopular (to R's) Dem President. He pissed off the R base because they thought he was too moderate, just another "go along to get along" RINO. After all, he was the one that came up with Romneycare, the blueprint for Obamacare. I doubt his positions on same sex marriage, abortion, or amnesty had much to do with why he lost.

Those "3 million dumb ass Republican's who didn't vote" are probably what cost him the election.

And I doubt his positions on same sex marriage, abortion, or amnesty had much to do with why he lost.

CryinBlueRain, your a passionate guy about your politics...I can appreciate that.

3 million more votes would have helped...only depending on what region(s) it was in.

I don't have a crystal ball, but I can certainly say that it did hurt him on those issues, with women in general. And when I mention Same Sex marriage/Abortion, etc-The club as a whole better change their face on that issue, because it will play a big role on how people vote for that party in the future. You can't win an election if the same old song and dance isn't working........

Those "3 million dumb ass Republican's who didn't vote" are probably what cost him the election. Republican turnout was less than in 2004 and 2008. And this was against an extremely unpopular (to R's) Dem President. He pissed off the R base because they thought he was too moderate, just another "go along to get along" RINO. After all, he was the one that came up with Romneycare, the blueprint for Obamacare. I doubt his positions on same sex marriage, abortion, or amnesty had much to do with why he lost.

Go listen to this...there's an hour left tonight. It's on every night between 8-12. It's not affiliated with one particular party. It's a talk radio station, at this point in time discussing the election. (it's broadcasted through the AM waves in 40 states) The host is a fella named Scoot. Very interesting broadcaster/personality. Check it out if you can.

http://player.triton.../entercom/WWLAM Hit listen live at the top right corner..enjoy

Go listen to this...there's an hour left tonight. It's on every night between 8-12. It's not affiliated with one particular party. It's a talk radio station, at this point in time discussing the election. (it's broadcasted through the AM waves in 40 states) The host is a fella named Scoot. Very interesting broadcaster/personality. Check it out if you can.

http://player.triton.../entercom/WWLAM Hit listen live at the top right corner..enjoy

Okay, thanks for the link.

Yes, there are Whites, Hispanics, Asians-all colors down to green and purple. I'm talking about where I live honey...and what I see everyday.....You ever been to New Orleans...??? Did you read that part???? Didn't think so. You've proven to me that the statement I made about being "close-minded" is true. Do you really think that I believe that ALL people on government assistance are one color??? Jesus Christ-please lady-step away.

Your a little too sassy for your own good

So any woman that has any information and chooses to argue with it is sassy? Oh, brother.

Hell, you make it sound like it was a landslide. You are just plaiin crazy. That map looked alot more red than blue to me. And it was pretty damn evenly divided once again.

Here's what an adjusted map would look like by population.

8168665830_1dee15cef5_z.jpg

So any woman that has any information and chooses to argue with it is sassy? Oh, brother.

Here we go..........Now "women's lib" is coming after me, because I said someone else was sassy....and sassy she was, jumpin on me for things I did not say, and she interpreted out of context.....not to mention assuming I think all people on assistance are black. It's all in the approach and reaction, of which I didn't appreciate. I think we cleared it up pretty well though unless your planning to take her spot for some reason?

Not interested

P.S.

I'm also an animal lover/volunteer rescue worker and activist if that paints a better picture for you of me...my favorite color is green, I love Led Zeppelin and Star Wars/Sci-Fi movies, and No , I don't hate woman either. I'm happily married, and she's sometimes sassy, :) and I love it. (sarcasm "on" and "off")

Here we go..........Now "women's lib" is coming after me, because I said someone else was sassy....and sassy she was, jumpin on me for things I did not say, and she interpreted out of context.....not to mention assuming I think all people on assistance are black. It's all in the approach and reaction, of which I didn't appreciate. I think we cleared it up pretty well though unless your planning to take her spot for some reason?

Except that she was right. I just got thru reading and rereading the last few pages, and she did not jump on you for things you did not say or take things out of context...everything she remarked upon is right there in your post, plain as day.

But I'm glad you two have worked it out. With LedZeppfan77 and I at peace, it's a regular little love-in here.

Questions for the Republicans. How do you propose they nominate more moderate candidates when it is the extreme meat-eaters that satisfies their base?

The solid block of the GOP's electoral vote is The South...the Bible Belt. This is their foundation and they like their Republicans to the far right. To win a primary here, a Republican candidate has to please the Evangelicals, the NRA, the Sarah Palin crowd, Donald Wildmon's Focus on the Family, and maybe even the John Birch Society.

For a candidate to make it through the minefield of the Republican primaries and still be appealing to the moderate independents in the general election is near impossible. It depends on the Democrats nominating an incompetent boob of their own.

Rockefeller Republicans, Eisenhower Republicans, Reagan Republicans...these are nearly extinct creatures. Boehner and Newt Gingrich and the Teabaggers have practically shunted any moderate Republicans in the House aside...they don't get a say in anything nor get the important appointments on House committees.

If the Republicans keep leaning so far right they make the Democrats appear to be in the center, they are in a world of trouble.

Not at all - I cannot tell you how many people were saying "Thank You America for making the right choice " - EVERY post I saw on Facebook, for a start, every TV show, every news report. People in the rest of the world saw Romney as a backward choice.

So you are basically saying that the Americans who exercised their constitutional right to vote, picked Obama just to make the rest of the world happy? That Democrats were somehow influenced by the pro-Obama and anti-Romney comments ON YOUR FACEBOOK WALL.

Do you have any idea how offensive and silly that sounds to ALL Americans regardless of which party they support?

Not that it really matters, but how exactly in your opinion would Romney have been a "backwards choice"? Would he have returned us to the days of silly kings and queens telling us what to do?

Not that we all love Obama - he's no great supporter of the UK, for a start, and has less obvious respect for us than any US President in my memory - but he's STREETS ahead of Romney in the opinion of the majority of us over here.

How exactly has our President disrespected the UK? This is news to me, because I've heard him say many glowing things about the UK. Is there something specific that he did to upset you?

And I meant all of the people who VOTED voted for THEIR CHOICE - which is an inescapable fact.

Thank you Captain obvious!

So you are basically saying that the Americans who exercised their constitutional right to vote, picked Obama just to make the rest of the world happy? That Democrats were somehow influenced by the pro-Obama and anti-Romney comments ON YOUR FACEBOOK WALL.

NOTHING that I said suggested any such thing - you are either completely insane or trying your best to provoke an argument - so get lost Del.

the global financial recession BEGAN in the US because of the ridiculouus mortgage practises - so whining that you may now suffer too doesn't cut it over here.

I'm sure you are probably not aware of this, especially since it wasn't posted on your facebook page. But the ridiculous mortgage practices you speak of were policies put in place by Democrats (Obama's party) while they had power in Congress. It was those backwards thinking Republicans who thought that granting government backed home mortgages to poor/minority people with no real ability to pay them back was a bad idea.

NOTHING that I said suggested any such thing - you are either completely insane or trying your best to provoke an argument - so get lost Del.

Well, maybe I just misunderstood what you meant by saying how thankful the world was that Americans picked the guy you liked.

Apology accepted.

Archived