Robert Plant Presents Sensational Space Shifters – Concert Download Pre-Order

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

Robert Plant Presents Sensational Space Shifters – Concert Download Pre-Order

plant120712_01.jpg

HMV Forum, London – July 12, 2012

Pre-Order the Concert Download Now!

Available in MP3, Flac, Flac-HD and ALAC formats.

RobertPlantLive.com

Lineup:

Robert Plant – vocals, harmonica

Patty Griffin – vocals, guitar

Juldeh Camara of JuJu – ritti (one-stringed African Violin), kologo (African Banjo), talking drum, vocals.

Justin Adams of JuJu, Jah Wobble – guitar, bendir, vocals

John Baggott of Massive Attack, Portishead – keyboards

Liam “Skin” Tyson of Cast – guitar, vocals

Dave Smith of JuJu, Outhouse Ruhabi – drums and percussion

Billy Fuller of JuJu, Beak – bass guitar, vocals

That is one wicked poster! I want one!

Hopefully this show eventually is released on a physical format.

This is what I was thinking. Will Robert Plant FINALLY release an official live album and not just a DVD or download? And that is one awesome poster. Very hippie. :hippy:

no merch last night, i wanted to get this poster! all they had was those lanyards with the mp3 download, couldn't get it to download after the show, d0 i have to wait?

I think you do have to wait. Not sure when you'll have it, but I'm sure they'll notify you by email when it's ready.

This was my first time downloading any concert.

What did you think of the concert?

my two cents:

I would love to hear this band rework D'yer Mak'er... Some type of African reggae rhythms maybe even in an ambient dub style... I think it would be very exciting

I had not seen/heard any of the Glouster concert and didn't follow any of the reviews . I did not know that Plant has referred to this concert as more of a "revue"

I thought it was an excellent concert. This type of concert is not for everyone. I was very happy with the concert.

I am glad Patty Griffin joined in she is excellent . not knowing this is being considered a "revue" I was surprised that she played a three song mini set, if you will, in the middle of the show .and that's fine with me it's all part of the "revue" and all part of an evenings entertainment.

I think the mini set did throw off the flow of the concert though .

I would prefer if they changed up her 'mini set'. my suggestion seque in/out of DBTS I would love to hear them rework Down By the Seaside ala Plant/Amos type of version

my suggestion for changing up the Patty's 'mini set 'would be ...well known cover song (pg lead vocal);...DBTS/pg orginal or cover pg lead vocal/DBTS...

All in all,imho, i say...well done Robert and band... keep it going

Is Robert Plant ever going to play a Black Dog that sounds like Black Dog again?

Zeppelin themselves never played it the same way twice. In fact, that could be said of everything they ever played in concert, not just "Black Dog".

I think what he had in mind was a metal version of Black Dog like Zeppelin played as opposed to the country/folky version he plays today. My answer is that if he does it won't be any time soon. He's all about "getting back to his roots" as I often hear it called. Whatever you want to call it he is not doing hard rock anymore and we won't hear much hard rock like the Black Dog, Rock And Roll, Whole Lotta Love, etc versions he used to play in Zeppelin and up to the Strange Sensation days.

Not playing Black Dog the same way twice is one thing, not playing it like Zep used to play it is another thing. I'm not really talking about either.

The way he has played it for a while now is farther and farther from the "Black Dog riff." The only part that really remains are the lyrics. It's as if he said "hey, let's just rap the Black Dog lyrics over this jam we've been working on." Sure, they're flexible like that and they come up with some creative arrangements and I respect that it's his prerogative to do whatever the hell he wants with his songs but it can sometimes be stretched past the point of relevance.

I guess I would just like to hear him play it with a little more of the spirit of the original.

Over the years he has played plenty of his solo and Zep material that have been creatively arranged to include his current musical tastes yet retain their essence enough to still have resonance with fans.

For me this version of Black Dog really doesn't.

I have liked what he has done with some other Zep songs with Krauss, Band Of Joy and the Space Shifters. Houses Of The Holy and Rock & Roll come to mind off the top of my head but there have been other tunes as well. Black Dog has lately sounded like he is trying to force the lyrics into something else completely different.

I really like what he and the Band of Joy have done with "Ramble On". Out of all the Zep tunes (as well as the songs Zep covered, like "Gallow's Pole") it may be the one that's best suited to the Band of Joy's style. It's essentially a showcase for the guitar prowess of Darrell Scott (a fine artist in his own right, as most of the members of the Band of Joy are anyhow). When it comes to a lot of the other Zep material, it seems like Buddy Miller likes to throw out a motif of the main riff that the rest of the band proceeds to work around and improv upon. Just my take.

I never got "metal" out of "Rock n' Roll". If anything, it sounds like hard rock to me.

I called it hard rock. And either way the two are so closely related it's really not worth arguing where hard rock ends and metal begins.

I called it hard rock.

Actually, you referred to it as both.

And either way the two are so closely related it's really not worth arguing where hard rock ends and metal begins.

Which why I usually just refer to it as rock n' roll (no pun intended).

Archived