Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Jahfin

Worst Guitar Book Ever

Okay, seriously though, it doesn't look like a lot of effort was put into the book. And when did Jeff Beck play a telecaster? He almost always has a white strat and when he doesn't it seems like he has a Les Paul.

Okay, seriously though, it doesn't look like a lot of effort was put into the book. And when did Jeff Beck play a telecaster? He almost always has a white strat and when he doesn't it seems like he has a Les Paul.

.............it may be a Fender Esquire but close enough.

^ Excellent video. I figured he had one somewhere but this guy Mr. White Strat. Speaking of this video, he dedicated this song to a lifelong telecaster man named Roy Buchanan (that's probably why he played one, or a similar piece of hardware, for this song). That's who I would have put in the book as my telecaster player.

The Esquire, modded to a tele, was actually the main axe for Jeff Beck for many years.

(he even gave one to his mate Jimmy P. when he advised on taking Jeff Beck instead of himself as the new axeman for the yardbirds, when Eric Clapton left)

But true. after a period of Les Paul wielding (late 60's/early 70's), he settled on the iconic white strat, somewhere in the first half of the seventies and never left home without it.

Learn something new everyday.

SMH! That was a painful read!

I saw the Guv'nor just last year in Portland. The things he can do with that white strat are amazing, but to be honest, I loved when he strapped on a good ole fashioned Gibby Burst Lester and ripped away "How High The Moon". I'd love to get an oxblood Les Paul like the one Beck had in the 70's circa "Wired".