Jimmy Page and Soundgarden yesterday

Black-Dog

I'm curious to know what Jimmy thinks of Soundgardens music....Personally, they are on my top 10 list. Badmotorfinger, Superunknown and Down on the Upside are all really good records. If I had to sum up explaining their sound to someone, it would be the definition of Sabbath and Zeppelin having a baby.

While not as dynamic and subtle as the softest moments in Zeppelin's cataloge, they did lock into some extreme grooves at times while heavily basing the music around "the riff" much like Sab and Zep.

Yes, Jimmy's son does highly resemble him. His lips seem to resemble his mothers but the rest of his face is a young Jimmy Page. Same hair style and all.... The kids getting to experience some priceless jouneys with his dad, in regards to pics like this- Let alone Jimmy being his father (if that's not cool enough). I was always questioning how much time Jimmy spent with his kids, so it's good to see a of pic of them together.

I have a really close friend (that I play music with, etc) who went to High School with Kim Thayil. My buddy is originaly from Chicago, but has been living here for 15 years. When we first met and were discovering our musical taste together, I mentioned to him that Soundgarden was a great band/a favorite of mine and that's when he told me they were friends. He didn't brag about it or anything-it was just within our casual/musical conversation - like it was no big deal. I thought he was very humble the way he expressed his relationship with Kim. I believe he talked to him a few years back but lost contact with him somehow.

That's a band I was sorry to hear break up..I thought they still had the potential to make a few more outstanding efforts. I didn't get too worked up over the AudioSlave project. (Cornell)

As for Halfin, I can't really comment on the dude-cause I don't know em', but his comments do seem snooty from time to time-but I'm sure he's good company for Jimmy and likewise. Don't think Jimmy would be hanging out with a guy that much if he was such a bad guy..

Seems that you can find out more about what Jimmy's up to these days from Ross' "diary" then any other source. So for that reason alone, I'm glad he posts things (with Page)

If I intended for it to be directed at Zimba do you think I would have prefaced it the way I did? Why stomp on a new-comer?

That nut has been cracked here before more than once and it always ends badly with a dumped thread, K? It was an attempt to hold the peace through food for thought. But clearly it didn't work, so, my apologies.

They grew into men together. I suppose I should have clarified that. My apologies.

I understand what you were trying to do - I just don't understand why you tried to make it seem like you weren't moderating Zimba.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, but the security might have had a dual role - to protect Jimmy from over-enthusiastic fans, and to protect Halfin from buckets of shit being thrown at him.

As a side-issue, just how fucking cool would it be to have JP as your dad? Awesome!

Yes it might seem cool but you wouldn't want your dad to be constantly cheating on your mum and be heavily into drugs.

But I'm sure he's ok now.

Archived