Robert Plant Elopes With Singer-Songwriter Patty Griffin

Glyn

Robert Plant Elopes With Singer-Songwriter Patty Griffin http://www.eonline.com/news/330553/robert-plant-elopes-with-singer-songwriter-patty-griffin

Robert Plant 's got a "Whole Lotta Love" for marriage again.

The erstwhile Led Zeppelin frontman revealed in an interview last Wednesday with the U.K.'s Independent that he has secretly tied the knot with Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Patty Griffin. This isn't the first time the two have made beautiful music together—Griffin is also one of the vocalist for Plant's new roots-rock outfit, Band of Joy.

"I eloped and ran off to Texas," Plant told the newspaper.

Over the hills and far away, indeed.

No word when exactly the couple made it official. The English-born crooner ( and honorary knight ) didn't elaborate on their arrangement much more than that except to say, "so now I spend half my time there and half [in the U.K.]."

The 63-year-old Plant added that when he's in the Lone Star State he and his 48-year-old ladylove shack up in what he describes as termite-infested "old crack house in Austin" they rent.

"I tap my hand on the table and they fly out the walls in this huge cloud, like something from a Disney film," he said.

How's that for some musical inspiration?

Three years after Led Zeppelin's one-off reunion gig at London's O2 Arena, Plant formed Band of Joy, which took its name from the very first band he was in during the 1960s. That's when he began collaborating with Griffin, a well-respected singer-songwriter who's worked with the likes of Emmylou Harris and the Dixie Chicks and had her songs coverd by Jessica Simpson, Linda Ronstadt and many more. She also features prominently on Band of Joy 's eponymous 2010 album.

This is Plant's second union. He was previously married for 15 years to Maureen Wilson, with whom he had three children (son Karac died in 1977 at the age of 5), before they divorced in 1983.

Robert's comment about eloping may not be as is. Possibly one of his humorous comments and not to be taken seriously. Who knows? They do live together in a house in Austin. But, do we need to know more? Does it really matter? Don't want to turn this into a TMZ type thread.

I have no intention of this turning into a TMZ type of thread. There's no dirt digging or privacy invasion on my end, just simply relaying some Zeppelin related news of sorts. Robert Plant said to the media that he "eloped," that's all. It's not too often any member of Zep is in the news, especially for getting married. If it's true, then I wish them both the best and a long happy marriage.

I have no intention of this turning into a TMZ type of thread. There's no dirt digging or privacy invasion on my end, just simply relaying some Zeppelin related news of sorts. Robert Plant said to the media that he "eloped," that's all. It's not too often any member of Zep is in the news, especially for getting married. If it's true, then I wish them both the best and a long happy marriage.

In breaking news...John Paul Jones, formerly of Led Zeppelin, them Crooked Vultures, and Diamanda Galas fame has dumped his longtime wife of 45 years, Maureen or "Mo" as she is referred to, and has eloped with Kim Kardashian and both Olsen twins. John Paul Jones was heard to say, "the wife went on holiday...D'yer M'aker? No, she went on her own accord."

Robert Plant Elopes With Singer-Songwriter Patty Griffin http://www.eonline.c...r-patty-griffin

Robert Plant 's got a "Whole Lotta Love" for marriage again.

The erstwhile Led Zeppelin frontman revealed in an interview last Wednesday with the U.K.'s Independent that he has secretly tied the knot with Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Patty Griffin. This isn't the first time the two have made beautiful music together—Griffin is also one of the vocalist for Plant's new roots-rock outfit, Band of Joy.

"I eloped and ran off to Texas," Plant told the newspaper.

Over the hills and far away, indeed.

No word when exactly the couple made it official. The English-born crooner ( and honorary knight ) didn't elaborate on their arrangement much more than that except to say, "so now I spend half my time there and half [in the U.K.]."

The 63-year-old Plant added that when he's in the Lone Star State he and his 48-year-old ladylove shack up in what he describes as termite-infested "old crack house in Austin" they rent.

"I tap my hand on the table and they fly out the walls in this huge cloud, like something from a Disney film," he said.

How's that for some musical inspiration?

Three years after Led Zeppelin's one-off reunion gig at London's O2 Arena, Plant formed Band of Joy, which took its name from the very first band he was in during the 1960s. That's when he began collaborating with Griffin, a well-respected singer-songwriter who's worked with the likes of Emmylou Harris and the Dixie Chicks and had her songs coverd by Jessica Simpson, Linda Ronstadt and many more. She also features prominently on Band of Joy 's eponymous 2010 album.

This is Plant's second union. He was previously married for 15 years to Maureen Wilson, with whom he had three children (son Karac died in 1977 at the age of 5), before they divorced in 1983.

Thanks for posting this. I was unaware of this

In breaking news...John Paul Jones, formerly of Led Zeppelin, them Crooked Vultures, and Diamanda Galas fame has dumped his longtime wife of 45 years, Maureen or "Mo" as she is referred to, and has eloped with Kim Kardashian and both Olsen twins. John Paul Jones was heard to say, "the wife went on holiday...D'yer M'aker? No, she went on her own accord."

Good one!

devils advocate here, and with all due respect, would not he have announced it when it first happened if it were true, and furthermore, all was well? while i wish them the best, something does not feel nuptial or, usual here. fact says that we still have no confirmation from either side, now nine months later. :dont:

:hysterical:

"To find a queen without a king,

They say she plays guitar and cries and sings... la la la" - Long journey ay, Robert? Congratulations again. :toast:

:yesnod: i bet he has sung that to her at some point.

They aren't married. It is just a jokey phrase he used and of course some journalistic spin.

That's exactly what I took away from the original article the quote came from and how it was referenced in this one. Classic Robert, IMO.

devils advocate here, and with all due respect, would not he have announced it when it first happened if it were true, and furthermore, all was well? while i wish them the best, something does not feel nuptial or, usual here. fact says that we still have no confirmation from either side, now nine months later. :dont:

What I don't get is why anyone thinks they have to come out with a statement at all and why a lack of statement would hint at things not being well? They are both people who like to keep their private lives private and I think they give us more than enough on stage. Maybe they haven't come out with a statement really saying one way or the other because they don't think it's any of our business. By all accounts they are in a happy and loving relationship so who really cares about the rest?

And Robert Plant didn’t really run off to get married. His manager told E! News that when the Led Zeppelin rocker told UK’s The Independent that he’d “eloped,” he only meant that he had moved to Texas with girlfriend, Band of Joy singer/collaborator Patty Griffin. Plant divorced Maureen Wilson, the mother of three of his children, in 1983.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/17/2899428/is-shakira-pregnant-robert-plant.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

Just as Knebby said.

Archived