Does someone know this about Jimmy and Charlotte?

scorpio25

I know it´s a silly question, but I always read that Jimmy referred to Charlotte as "my lady" and I was wondering how do people know this and where did they hear it or read it?

Also, Charlotte got sick in 1977, does someone know exactly what happened to her?

I know it´s a silly question, but I always read that Jimmy referred to Charlotte as "my lady" and I was wondering how do people know this and where did they hear it or read it?

Also, Charlotte got sick in 1977, does someone know exactly what happened to her?

There have been various interviews published through the years in which he referred to her as "my lady" and this has also been substantiated by friends in their social circle at the time. Apparently, unlike Jimena, he never introduced Charlotte to anyone as "my wife" which makes sense given he and Charlotte never married.

I have wondered about this 'illness' too, but think it was very romantic how Jimmy staid with her. She has since remarried someone named Ernest and looks like she is an artist now. She and Jimmy have remained friends.

If you really want to know about their relationship or something close to the truth in those days, I personally think you should find it on another places. There are few members who know it here. Even if a few people know it they would not write anything in detail here,because this is the public space.

The various situation surrounded him in Zep era was much different from another era,I think. Jimmy said to the Japanese magazine named rockin’on (July issue) in 1982 that the legal marriage system was not so important to him and that he had lived with the same woman in the past 12 years. And he added that ‘'you had better to ask my lady why we don’t marry’' at that time.

It was in 1976 when Charlotte got sick and Jimmy returned home to take care of her, despite he was away from England because of the tax problem.

As aen27 writes, they still remain close friends, according to one of ex-staffs of Swan Song office. Today they have two grandchildren.

Jimmy Page was/is famous for his mysterious image,but I recognize he once in a while shows his true face to fans,especially when he is happy.

This is his interview which was on the January issue of MUSIC LIFE magazine 1977. The interview was done at Swan Song office on November 10,1976 .

Jimmy rejoiced at the success of the movie"The Song Remains The Same" and said he was looking forward to coming US (1977) tour.

In addition,he said as he separated from his family due to the tax problem and he wanted to stay at home for a while.

He also said that he was busy for the preparation for US tour,but that he was going to have a Christmas holiday with his family which meant only Charlotte and Scarlet.

The article tells at the end that 'Jimmy’s calm eyes tell the warmth of a family man.'

post-9242-0-12811500-1342676039_thumb.jp

post-9242-0-97642000-1342676056_thumb.jp

post-9242-0-00581100-1342676075_thumb.jp

post-9242-0-51515000-1342676092_thumb.jp

post-9242-0-46878100-1342676106_thumb.jp

Alice75 Do you know who did the interview with Jimmy ?

Unfortunately there is no credit. But probably this interviewer was a female correspondent from Shinko Music LTD who lived in London at that time. She writes that she met all Led Zep members at some party and that they were very cheerful people.

This is an another interview from ML magazine which was on July issue 1982. It was the first and the exclusive interview of Jimmy Page after Led Zeppelin disbanded in 1980(sorry, this is also all written in Japanese). This was done at Swan Song office on May,1982. The writer’s name is Kim Yamakado/ London Correspondent –Shinko Music Exclusive Writer.

Jimmy came to SS office with his wife Charlotte (Ms.Yamakado writes this way),and before the interview Jimmy went to Kings Road and bought a cloisonne fountain pen with a dragon picture on a golden ground. He told how he was asked an offer of the soundtrack album by Michael Winner, and how he wanted to play on stage soon. He even told every bands were OK if they would accept him.

He also talked about Foreigner’s concert in Germany when he played with them and Robert and that it was so fantastic. Moreover he talked about other guitar greats like J.Beck or John McLaughlin etc...

I wish I could do all the translation,but it’s hard for me to do it perfectly.

I guess the interview of "rockin’on" (July issue) in 1982 was done just after the ML magazine did. "rockin’on" did it by an international telephone. Unfortunately I don't have it now. I might be able to find it in the attic or somewhere though...

post-9242-0-50210000-1342834884_thumb.jp

post-9242-0-26486400-1342834899_thumb.jp

post-9242-0-91405700-1342834912_thumb.jp

post-9242-0-53037800-1342834928_thumb.jp

post-9242-0-60063600-1342834945_thumb.jp

post-9242-0-12039100-1342835151_thumb.jp

post-9242-0-36707200-1342835164_thumb.jp

Many thanks Alice75,

There is a interviewer who has done two interviews with Jimmy over the years, Jimmy was very candid & chatty .

I have the feeling it was around 1990 it was not in a magazine such as Music Life, Burrrn! etc.I read this article then threw erm....mislaid it not knowing itwenty years later. after joining LZ.com it worth keepng hold of. :tears:

Archived