Hello from Buffalo

Arcane29

What a matchmaker I am....:lol:

Glad you have someone to talk Buffalo sports with Rick. :)

Yes, quite the matchmaker indeed, thanks for the introduction!

Buffalo sports fans always are thinking about their teams, and love to talk about them any chance they get...

And the 29 in my name wasn't randomly chosen... ;)

Oh, give me a home

Where the buffalo roam,

Where the deer and the antelope play;

Where seldom is heard

A discouraging word

And the skies are not cloudy all day

What else would an Englishman say about Buffalo. I dont think the guy that wrote that song was thinking of Buffalo NY. but the Buffalo is a symbol in America just like the Eagle.

"Home on the Range" is the state song of the American state of Kansas. Dr. Brewster M. Higley (1823–1911) originally wrote the words in a poem called "My Western Home" in the early 1870s in Smith County, Kansas. The poem was first published in a December 1873 issue of the Smith County Pioneer under the title "Oh, Give Me a Home Where the Buffalo Roam". The music was written by a friend of Higley's named Daniel E. Kelley. Higley's original words are similar to those of the song today but not identical. The song was adopted by settlers, cowboys, and others and spread across the USA in various forms. During the early 20th century, it was arranged by Texas composer David W. Guion (1892–1981) who is often credited as the composer. It was officially adopted as the state song of Kansas on June 30, 1947, and is commonly regarded as the unofficial anthem of the American West.

"Home on the Range" is the state song of the American state of Kansas. Dr. Brewster M. Higley (1823–1911) originally wrote the words in a poem called "My Western Home" in the early 1870s in Smith County, Kansas. The poem was first published in a December 1873 issue of the Smith County Pioneer under the title "Oh, Give Me a Home Where the Buffalo Roam". The music was written by a friend of Higley's named Daniel E. Kelley. Higley's original words are similar to those of the song today but not identical. The song was adopted by settlers, cowboys, and others and spread across the USA in various forms. During the early 20th century, it was arranged by Texas composer David W. Guion (1892–1981) who is often credited as the composer. It was officially adopted as the state song of Kansas on June 30, 1947, and is commonly regarded as the unofficial anthem of the American West.

Good info. Did not realize this.

ooh, an orioles fan? I'm sorry to hear that...

So whats the big deal with that? We have not won in ages. I am not the only one here either. But I am more of a Sabres and Bills fan. No baseball team in Buffalo and the O's were our parent team for over 30 years.

A couple!?! Back in May that's all we heard from, now in July...not so much! Hmmmm.... ;)

I tried to keep his expectations in check in my best "wet blanket" style... :)

:lol:

Still a good season for you guys, plus it's only July 21st - lots of games still to be played!

It appears I have reason to keep this avatar a bit longer. My Oriole's are hot and its about time. Someone told me there are two wild cards this year? Does anyone know if this is true?

It appears I have reason to keep this avatar a bit longer. My Oriole's are hot and its about time. Someone told me there are two wild cards this year? Does anyone know if this is true?

This is indeed true...and good luck, hope you guys can get it...I was half-joking when I said I was sorry to hear that, because the Bills have been entrenched in a similar level of mediocrity...

This is indeed true...and good luck, hope you guys can get it...I was half-joking when I said I was sorry to hear that, because the Bills have been entrenched in a similar level of mediocrity...

The days of the Bills being average are over. This team has been rebuilt and is rock solid.

Archived