Concerts You Had To Miss

Missed Pink Floyd at the Sports Arena in April 1975, due to being grounded for three months for going to see the Led Zeppelin shows in March...it's a long story. Pink Floyd played 4 or 5 nights at the Sports Arena, which is right next to the LA Coliseum, across from the USC campus. It was the "Wish You Were Here" tour. Of course, there were other shows during my restriction that I missed, but Pink Floyd was the big one.

Finally, after a barren April-May-June, my restriction was lifted and I was able to see my first shows since the Zep ones: the Rolling Stones at the LA Forum July 10 and 13.

Work has forced me to miss way too many in recent years. My biggest disappointment was not being allowed over the border ( too young ) to see Zeppelin in Seattle June 18/72. I kicked a lot of stones on the way back home :lol:

The Rolling Stones in 1983. Had the offer of a free ticket. Was due on the back shift (3pm-11pm) at the Power Station...do I go to work or call in sick? Being good, the shift got the nod. Now 30 years later I feel like a silly sod...wish I had went!!

Archived