What do YOU consider to be the holy grail of live concert footage?

TheLastSpartan

Well, for me it is personal as these were the live shows I attended- May 14,1973 New Orleans or February 28, 1975 Baton Rouge:-)

Likewise Deb ! For me, Vancouver Aug 19/1971 , Vancouver Mar 21/1970 and in that order

Any of the Japan shows from 71 or 72. Never understood why considering the technology coming out of Japan at the time there is no quality footage from any of the shows.

Those too :lol: . Actually, I'd take anything from 69-72 and be more than happy

In terms of pro-shot footage we have, I say the best is 5/25/75. In terms of audience show footage, in terms of playing quality I'd say the 16mm footage of 6/23/77. In terms of film quality, the footage of 2/7/75, where the cameraman is right underneath Robert. In terms of footage we don't have, I'd say the pro-shot footage of Pontiac '77. (Pretty killer show too!)

Sue Great Analysis, I concur with you & would like to add The 1977-Superdome Show in New Orleans that i had Tickets to would have Been like Detroit(SILVERDOME probably my #1 on the Holy-Grail List & Seattle) show's from the 77-tour. I would guess that there is a lot of Footage From the 77-Tour that is being Hoarded??? 77 is my favorite year of ZEP & I would love to see any show from the New York & L.A.Forum run but basically any show from 77 would be Great!!! When you view ZEP on You Tube from the Madison Square Garden video notice how the song's names & place are labeled from the Garden. I think Houston, Maryland,Oakland, & the show's that i mention above or OUT-THERE???

Complete 1969 Texas Pop. Large chunks of this exist, and circulate. If the complete film is out there, that would be great to see given that this was a great show and has a soundboard already available.

Complete available footage for 1st night (7/27) at Madison Square Garden 1973. This was the best performance of the three, imo, and it's the only one we haven't really heard in its entirety from any collection of audio sources. It would be nice to have it alone, without being patched with the other nights, as in TSRTS and the DVD release.

Bath 1970. I'm really only marginally interested in this film. The performance is good, and it's a historic event, but in all likelihood the footage is probably mediocre, and not even the complete show. The "Bath film" is waaaaay too overhyped. I'd much rather have the soundboard, if it's available in any good quality. Even the soundboard is way overhyped. Memphis 1970 a few months before, and especially Blueberry Hill and New York evening performance are all better than Bath.

Montreux 1970 or 1971. If the venue did film the band in 1971, that would be a huge piece of history given the shape of Plant's vocals at the time.

Not at all interested in anything else from 1975 or 1977, unless it's more footage from the 1977 LA run. If there is more from 6/23/77 that would be great. Pontiac or Houston proshot videos don't really interest me at all. Yes, the performances are both better than the Seattle vid we have, but not THAT much better, and the reality is that most people would watch it once and be done with it.

Montreux 1970 or 1971. If the venue did film the band in 1971, that would be a huge piece of history given the shape of Plant's vocals at the time.

Interesting you menion this. For me, without a doubt, of all the live recordings yet to be heard, my number one wish is either October 1972 Montreux show! And, I read somewhere there is a strong possibility that both were recorded.

June 25 or 27th, 1972 Los Angeles or Long Beach. One show, warts and all with all available camera angles viewable in their entirety. Being from the area, I just eat all of the local stuff up.

Audio:

Jam at Osaka?? bar in 1971 (can't remember exact date now)

Jam at Slip Disc Club, Mumbai Oct 72.

Jam at Carmen Plant's 21st Birthday

Bahan's Park West, St. Helier, England Dec 10, 1975

Video

Gold album presentation at Chat Noir club, Stockholm, March 1973

Jam at Jason Bonham's birthday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived