Robert Plant to embark on South American tour

Janvier

Maybe Ot- but when one orders these on cd are they cdr or pressed cd's...just ordered one but it didn't specify...

Hi ks, I received a note from livedownloads.com, they say they ship "highest quality, replicated CDRs". I hope this answers your question, also, you could try following the other thread here in the forum where the downloads were announced: regards, JR

It was a great concert, we had a wonderful time, one could tell that Robert Plant was enjoyng his concert himself. The sound was really good, and he was just too kind to the Brazilian fans, he even ended up the encore with Rock'n'Roll. It was an awesome night. :D

Backstage photographs show Robert Plant in a good mood. In one of the photos he climbed atop a box in order to appear taller than Sheilla Castro of the Olympic Volleyball team. The pictures appear today on the web portal uol.com.br: http://caras.uol.com...-camarim#image0

img-443442-sheilla-castro-robert-plant-fernando-von-oertzen-e-brenno-bl.jpg

img-443445-adriana-del-claro-robert-plant-e-william-crunfli.jpg

In other news, Robert Plant was appointed Honorary Guest of the City of Buenos Aires by the local Chamber of Representatives (Legislatura Porteña). During a parliamentary session October 18th, deputy Francisco Quintana of the PRO submitted a bill explaining that Mr. Plant "was a member of the mythical band Led Zeppelin where he was the lead vocalist and is considered one of the best singers in the history of rock". (see: http://www.periodicodesdeboedo.com.ar/legislatura/)

"The Templo da Boa Vontade (Temple of Good Will) a gathering place for people of all cultural backgrounds, philosophies and beliefs, received this Thursday, October 25th, Robert Plant, the former vocalist of Led Zeppelin and one of the biggest names in rock music".

"The musician, singer and composer was accompanied by producers and members of his band The Sensational Space Shifters, in order to meditate prior to a concert in the Federal Capital (of Brazil)".

"Speaking to personnel of Brasilia's most visited landmark (according to the Department of Turism of the Federal District) Plant said that he had always heard mention of the Piramide da Paz (Peace Pyramid) and in his first trip to Brazil's capital he made a point of visiting the monument".

"While walking through the monument hall, Mr. Plant used his mobile phone to take a picture of a quote by the Temple's founder, Jose de Paiva Netto, inscribed in three languages: "if there's dark night, there's also shining morning". He also visited the Alziro Zarur Memorial, where he meditated, raising his hands towards Mandala".

full text in Portuguese: http://www.boavontad...95885&cs=2&ci=1

-----------------------------

In other news, Los Jaivas, a Chilean band that will be opening for Robert Plant in Chile posted this short video to youtube. Los Jaivas have been around since the early 1960s and once set up residence in Paris where they developed an European following. Bassist Mario Mutis, however, said in a recent interview that they never crossed paths with members of Led Zeppelin while on the road in Europe.

In this short video Los Jaivas invite fans to the November 7 concert at Movistar Arena.

Another photograph from Porto Alegre, this one taken from outside the Sheraton Hotel and posted by Zero Hora.

14168441.jpg?w=620

http://zerohora.clic...el-3933522.html

Also, Buenos Aires daily Página/12 posted in its Sunday supplement a text signed by Robert Plant entitled "What I know". In the article Plant reflects on his solo career, recalls the days with Led Zeppelin and elaborates on many aspects of his personal life like his hair and relationships.

http://www.pagina12....2012-10-28.html

Also, Buenos Aires daily Página/12 posted in its Sunday supplement a text signed by Robert Plant entitled "What I know". In the article Plant reflects on his solo career, recalls the days with Led Zeppelin and elaborates on many aspects of his personal life like his hair and relationships.

http://www.pagina12....2012-10-28.html

Thanks, zemun, for keeping us up to date on the comings and goings in South America. Looks like the "What I Know" article was pieces taken from the 2011 GQ Magazine article. Either that or he was just asked the exact same questions and hasn't changed any answers lol.

Looks like the "What I Know" article was pieces taken from the 2011 GQ Magazine article.

I just read the GQ interview. You're absolutely correct.

Here's a short Robert Plant item broadcast today during the morning news edition of Argentina's public television.

I have no idea what they are saying. Can anyone translate this?

Hi Deborah, unfortunately I can't translate, but I can tell you what's going on in the video.

This happened during the Belo Horizonte concert of October 20th. Someone from the audience threw a flag onto the stage which landed on Robert Plant's microphone.

Mr. Plant took the flag and wore it around his shoulders during a portion of the concert.

The flag that was thrown to him wasn't exactly a Brazilian flag, but the flag of a football club, the Cruzeiro Esporte Clube, which happens to be based in Belo Horizonte.

This is the reason why Robert Plant was featured in the sports media, as many commentators discussed the event. For instance, this web portal, otherwise dedicated to sports, made Robert Plant its "image of the week" on October 22nd: http://www.mg.supere...-cruzeiro.shtml

In the video that you posted they're interviewing the fan who threw the flag onto the stage, and he's very proud of his feat. Now that I think about it, it's not an easy task to throw something and make it land at a precise spot. (Not that this amazes me, I'm actually appalled at the idea of people randomly throwing objects during a concert without being sanctioned!)

In the video they also recall a similar episode involving Axl Rose, at around minute 2.44 you can see footage of a Guns n Roses 2010 concert with Mr. Rose enveloped in the Cruzeiro flag (which is not the same as the Brazilian flag).

The video you posted was produced by TV Cruzeiro which is affiliated with the football club.

Overall the Brazilian public reacted positively, since football is taken very seriously in the country and they interpreted this as a nice gesture from Mr. Plant, I believe.

In Buenos Aires' Luna Park, a fan suddenly climbed up the stage and practically tackled Robert Plant causing him to fall on the floor. Mr. Plant quickly rose up and grabbed the microphone calling for calm "easy.." he said. The man was taken off the stage amid booing and disapproval from the crowd. The incident can be seen at the end of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KHFLNN-G0

Robert Plant with Buenos Aires mayor Mauricio Macri.

1614898w300.jpg

Mayor Mauricio Macri honours musician Robert Plant, former leader of Led Zeppelin

The city's mayor welcomed the artist, who was appointed Honorary Guest. He was invited to attend the Match between Boca (Juniors) and San Lorenzo

Robert Plant, the British musician and former singer of Led Zeppelin was named today Honorary Guest of the city of Buenos Aires by the city's mayor Mauricio Macri.

The artist is visiting the country as part of a Latin American tour.

The event took place this afternoon at the Botanical Gardens of Palermo where Plant was given a replica of a guitar that he received last June in Portugal while attending the launch of the Rock in Rio festival, as well as a medal of the city.

He was also given a T-Shirt of the Boca (Juniors, a football club) and an invitation to attend tomorrow's match between Boca Juniors and San Lorenzo at the Bombonera stadium.

"Robert is not only a big rock artist but also a football fan and was vice-president of his club in England. That's why I invited him to come to the stadium tomorrow", said Macri.

Plant was a director of the Wolverhampton Wanderers, which is currently is the English second division.

"We are pleased to welcome in Buenos Aires someone who made us enjoy so much his music with Led Zeppelin", added Macri.

(translation from La Nación, see text in Spanish: http://www.lanacion....de-led-zeppelin)

Official Announcement:

South American Tour 2012 – RP Presents The Sensational Space Shifters

South American Tour Dates:

November 1, 2012 – Luna Park

Argentina, Buenos Aires.

www.ticketportal.com.ar

November 2, 2012 – Luna Park

Argentina, Buenos Aires.

www.ticketportal.com.ar

November 4, 2012 – Orfeo Superdomo

Argentina, Cordoba

www.orfeosuperdomo.com/DinoTickets