Robert Plant to embark on South American tour

Janvier

Robert Plant has arrived in Chile.

Today he had a meeting with Carolina Tohá, mayor-elect of the city of Santiago, and members of the rock band Los Jaivas.

See more photos on Terra.cl: http://musica.terra....cceb0aRCRD.html

More informations to follow soon.

post-19355-0-49033500-1352161760_thumb.j

post-19355-0-24238500-1352161850_thumb.j

post-19355-0-54702800-1352161954_thumb.j

At 15.25, on a charter flight from Córdoba (Argentina) Robert Plant landed in Chile to perform this Wednesday, November 7, at the Movistar Arena.

Upon his arrival, Plant had a conversation with Rodrigo Ulloa of Radio Futuro. While building on the expectations of Wednesday’s show, Mr. Plant recalled the Page / Plant Sausalito concert of January 1996

How do you feel for your second concert in Chile?

I’m older now. Your country is in better shape today. Everyone who has visited here recently has told me that it’s a great place to perform again. I’m accompanied by an incredible group of musicians. If you take a look at our live videos on the Internet you’ll see what I mean. We have a musician from Western Africa, Juldeh Camara, who is amazing, he plays the one-string African fiddle, kologo (African banjo) talking drums and sings backing vocals. I think we have a great entertainment event for people to sing and dance.

At some point during the conversation our producer Juan Carlos “Lobo” Araneda steps in. Mr. Ulloa introduces him to Mr. Plant who doesn’t seem to understand the name. “Lobo” repeats Ulloa, as “wolf in Spanish”.

“You mean Wolf? like my football club in England!”, said Plant.

Will your setlist be the same as in Córdoba and Buenos Aires?

I’m not a sailor, so I don’t have an idea yet. (But) I can promise joy, smiles, a lot of commitment and a lot of good singing –I hope.

Do you remember the show in Viña del Mar with The Black Crowes? The Page/Plant in Sausalito?

It was in a football stadium, wasn’t it? I remember very well, the energy generator collapsed while the Black Crowes where playing. I remember the moment was tense, but everything went well. I think those were the early days of this country organising events (of such scale) today it’s different, I´m very happy for all of you.

(own translation, see original text in Spanish: http://www.futuro.cl...o-para-el-show/)

Archived