Old Guard

Pilot of the Storm

Of course not.

Not quite sure what you mean here. Are you saying they're just pretending to be malevolent tossers?

they aren't malevolant or tossers but they do like to troll hunt from time to time. Some trolls hide well away but there is always the odd one who stands out in the light of day.

Led Tiki is just fine. He says 'Hi', and to look out for him soon.

:hysterical: That's a good one.....

Unfortunately for him, unless he has a complete change of personality- he'll be spotted quickly- and in time...well, I'm sure the same fate will due him in.

Know what I mean Major Bouillon?

Aw Pilot! How could I forget you? :)

(I think this is the first time in months, possibly a year or so that I've logged on.)

Well, mine is 31,so I've got it made!...so "right" is the answer! :yay:

That smilie always reminds me of Manders!

Awww!

:wave: I forgot password it has been a long time.

I of course check here weekly.

I see the same bull in Ramble on.

Miss the old days. Anyway I'm still alive.

Gotta run though, so see ya all old geezers and geezettes. :wave:

Nice to see you! I was thinking about you the other day.

Aw Pilot! How could I forget you? :)

(I think this is the first time in months, possibly a year or so that I've logged on.)

Awww!

Nice to see you! I was thinking about you the other day.

Yay Manders you old guarder you welcome to the malevolent tossers corner x

Yay Pilot, Hotplant, Manders, Ledded1, Rorer, Knebby, and everybody else. *waves hello*

I pop in once in awhile, and sometimes post something... no discussion or conversation ever comes of it... just the usual stuff from the usual folks right over anything else said, so I'm not inclined to try to get more involved.

Granted, I'm not really part of the Old Guard...was just kinda on the fringes from time to time... sorta like an ugly groupie or something.

Toodles Til Next Time

Yay Pilot, Hotplant, Manders, Ledded1, Rorer, Knebby, and everybody else. *waves hello*

I pop in once in awhile, and sometimes post something... no discussion or conversation ever comes of it... just the usual stuff from the usual folks right over anything else said, so I'm not inclined to try to get more involved.

Granted, I'm not really part of the Old Guard...was just kinda on the fringes from time to time... sorta like an ugly groupie or something.

Toodles Til Next Time

Ah woman of wonder, fantastic to see you here. You were never on the fringes.

How the heck have you been Lakey? Haven't heard from you in a dog's age! Almost literally! You are most assuredly part of the Old Guard,you're one of the first persons' that I taked to on here.You probably don't remember.

Nice to see that dancing Snoopy again. :D

I'm part of some guard...now that I'm 50 I guess you could call me one of the old guard. Been on since 2000(always as 'Strider'), which is a lifetime in internet years. Many of the other discussion groups/message boards I belonged to in 2000 have long since been defunct.

Seeing Lakey, Manders, Pilot, ledded and Rorer back is a welcome sight. Now if only nine lives, Aqua and Evster would come back.

I'm part of some guard...now that I'm 50 I guess you could call me one of the old guard. Been on since 2000(always as 'Strider'), which is a lifetime in internet years. Many of the other discussion groups/message boards I belonged to in 2000 have long since been defunct.

Seeing Lakey, Manders, Pilot, ledded and Rorer back is a welcome sight. Now if only nine lives, Aqua and Evster would come back.

Strider,you are certainly Old Guard. Officer status: General. Sir, your call of duty has been quite impeccable!

Oh, and welcome to the 50's club! Happy belated birthday! We're still comparatively young to some of our old mates here!

Can't say I'm really back and I can't vouch for our other friends,though we do keep in touch!

They say,"You can never go back."... :tears:

Do I count as "old guard"? I joined the old board in January of 2004. Also, I can't believe you're 20 years older than me, Strider. I thought you were younger than that.

Probably!

You started a birthday thread for him last year at this time and it popped up.Has it been a while since you were on too?

Do I count as "old guard"? I joined the old board in January of 2004. Also, I can't believe you're 20 years older than me, Strider. I thought you were younger than that.

I've always thought of you as "old guard," Electrophile. Even though AWOL for some time, I would say you've achieved officer status, much like Rorer714 said about Strider.

I still condider myself a newb, so I haven't a clue what your rank would be.

Good to see you Strider, I haven't been away just not been here as often like many others. Will be celebrating 5 years since the O2 show in a few months. And oh I how I remember the furore and viciousness of some people wanting tickets back back then but it was overridden by the excitement for the show.

Forgot to say that some here won't have been on the old board before .com became the official Zep site. I was close to 8000 posts before the change and some posted much more than me. Made and kept some great friends from around the world who I see in life and not just on the net.

But there have been some nasty people on the forums down the years, but they rarely stay for long.

Really, Electrophile? How much younger?

I'm flattered, I suppose, but unlike some people who wish they could be younger, I am happy being 50. I wouldn't trade being 20 years younger for all the money in the world.

For if I was 20 years younger, that means I would have been born in 1982. Which means I would have missed all those Led Zeppelin concerts. No amount of money is worth giving that up.

You can buy a bootleg. You cannot buy the experience...or a memory of the experience.

Electrophile, I consider you old guard. In fact, I think for reference, we should make the old guard demarcation line the Ahmet Ertegun O2 show. Everyone here before that is old guard.

I know Big Klu pretty much left, but whatever happened to Chicken, CodaS., Old Scratch, and Ram77(or maybe it was Rah77? He had Rush's "Hemispheres" cover as his avatar)?

Dusts cobwebs off self. Climbs out of the cupboard, Has a look around to see if the rumours are true. Might stay-a-while.

Hello everyone :wave:

Remember me?

Pilot might be back B)

How could we ever forget you!!! :lol: Good to see you and your Laurel and Hardy Av

I know Big Klu pretty much left, but whatever happened to Chicken, CodaS., Old Scratch, and Ram77(or maybe it was Rah77? He had Rush's "Hemispheres" cover as his avatar)?

I think Big Klu dropped in within the past year or so. Thinking back to when I first starting posting on the original board (which would have been just prior to Led Zeppelin DVD and How The Wes Was Won being released) there was tangerinedream (or some variation of that name) who was a big Steely Dan fan, Jimmy Page's Girl (or something like that), she later changed screen names but I don't recall what it was. I think there was also a girl named Sirius that posted fairly frequently back in those days. I'm sure there's more but those are the first ones to come to mind.

Oh yeah, TangerineDream!

Another one I liked from the old "Electric Magic" days was LittleMissJimmyPage...or was it LittleMissJamesPatrickPage? She lived in England and was a regular contributor to the Photos of Jimmy Page thread. If she wasn't Queen of the Pagettes, she was at least a high-ranking Princess or Duchess.

She was good fun and if you're still out there lurking, I hope your life is going well...and that you've kept up the guitar!

I remember Sirius. I also remember Chicken, LesPaul59 (he of the Keith Richards avatar), and the huge Who fan whose name escapes me at the moment. Also, there was the Brazilian member who lived in Sao Paolo, but I can't remember her screen name either. When I joined in January of '04, she had something like 10,000 posts. Same with Knebby, though she's still here.

Evster, Helen (Aquamarine), ninelives, tangerine, Matt.....miss 'em all. *sigh*

Archived