Old Guard

Pilot of the Storm

I remember Sirius. I also remember Chicken, LesPaul59 (he of the Keith Richards avatar), and the huge Who fan whose name escapes me at the moment. Also, there was the Brazilian member who lived in Sao Paolo, but I can't remember her screen name either. When I joined in January of '04, she had something like 10,000 posts. Same with Knebby, though she's still here.

Evster, Helen (Aquamarine), ninelives, tangerine, Matt.....miss 'em all. *sigh*

Many of these are people who I am still in contact with, Facebook became a place for us and a few of us met up last year in New York for Band of Joy shows. Chicken is still around, Ev has been unwell but hopefully is doing better now, Helen and ninelives still going well, along with Knebby, Pilot myself and not forgetting Celia in Sao Paulo. So many of us are still around and we pop in here from time to time. So it's nice to know we are all still going.

I remember Sirius. I also remember Chicken, LesPaul59 (he of the Keith Richards avatar), and the huge Who fan whose name escapes me at the moment. Also, there was the Brazilian member who lived in Sao Paolo, but I can't remember her screen name either. When I joined in January of '04, she had something like 10,000 posts. Same with Knebby, though she's still here.

electrophile, do you mean brspled? i am in contact with her on facebook, and she is doing well. :)

i joined just before the 02 concert, do i just scrape in?

Yes, you do. Dec. 10, 2007 is the demarcation date.

Good memory digging up brspled's name!

Guess we must be the last few in, joined before the show as well. That night was CRAZY here, remember? People trying to guess the setlist and some cryptically reporting what was going on at the O2. Oh what a night....:D

electrophile, do you mean brspled? i am in contact with her on facebook, and she is doing well. :)

THAT'S her name! Thank you! I felt like a dunderhead for having forgot it. Good to know she's doing alright. :)

... and Old Scratch kept refering to her as "burp sled" which is close to my mental pronunciation of it...

Last I heard Little Miss is busy doing Lil Miss stuff, not so active online anymore... but that was ages ago.

When I'm on here, I miss TD, Chicken, Klu, SI, Hermit, Stringy, Tony, Gus, Spatdrastik, levee, (especially my pal levee) and tons of others. I think a lot of folks get busy with their lives, on to new things like going to school, or new jobs, families, etc. It's great that some folks stay in touch by other means. Old fart that I am, I haven't gotten around to getting on Facebook.

So yeah, I guess I'm "old guard" in two ways... I joined in '03 about the time the dvd came out after lurking for a few months... and I'm 53. (My sister just turned 52, and says she can now claim she plays with a full deck).

Waves hello again. P.S. apologies to those whose names I've forgotten... you know who you are... even if I don't... at the moment.

I don't suppose lurkers who rarely posted that were here before '07 count...lol...

I'm with you. I have a picture of me somewhere taken in 2000 with the EM site in the background. Lurked regularly. Never posted on the old board.

I don't suppose lurkers who rarely posted that were here before '07 count...lol...and Jahfin perhaps you're thinking of Ram4? He used Rush's Starman for an avatar.......

Actually, that was me who was asking...but yes, Ram4 is the one I was thinking of. He seemed very knowledgeable. In fact, when the EM board shifted to the official site, I thought SteveAJones was the old Ram4 at first.

I don't suppose lurkers who rarely posted that were here before '07 count...lol...and Jahfin perhaps you're thinking of Ram4? He used Rush's Starman for an avatar.......

Probably not, lol. I lurked for a bit before joining but after a couple months, there were folks who probably wished I'd shut up and post a little less.

Always burpsled to me! She's a pal on fb. Awesome Brazilian!

Hell, we were all born in '62. Credit? You said it! There's quite a few '62's on here!

There you are Rorer. I knew I'd find you. You owe me 20 bucks!

I was on the old board as drbobbins. Dear old Ev showed me the ropes.

I loved Hermit and Del going at it . Good versus Evil.

Bilbo is another one . Sweet guy . Good friend

oh yay! i'm old guard! i am in contact with her on facebook quite regularly. she is a lovely lady.

What makes it unforgettable is that Levee always said trying to say it hurt his tongue :)

haha, that's funny!

Guess we must be the last few in, joined before the show as well. That night was CRAZY here, remember? People trying to guess the setlist and some cryptically reporting what was going on at the O2. Oh what a night.... :D

yeah it was so exciting! so jealous of those that went, yet so happy for them too!

Hell, we were all born in '62. Credit? You said it! There's quite a few '62's on here!

62 was a great year .... :)

As the tag line to "American Graffiti" asked: "Where were you in '62?"

I don't Facebook anymore...and I'm not sure if I will give it another shot. I have severe misgivings about Zuckerburg's company.

I don't Facebook anymore...and I'm not sure if I will give it another shot. I have severe misgivings about Zuckerburg's company.

It's great to still have the company of old friends facebook is the main way really. I don't like the changes FB imposes on people but its easier than other forums at the moment.

ah yes, bilbo!

what about medhb, and ilovejimmypage .... i am actually facebook friends with those two as well, might see if they will pop in .....

Yep there were a good group of pre O2 er's.

There you are Rorer. I knew I'd find you. You owe me 20 bucks!

I was on the old board as drbobbins. Dear old Ev showed me the ropes.

I loved Hermit and Del going at it . Good versus Evil.

Bilbo is another one . Sweet guy . Good friend

Can't escape the doctor! Ten toonies on the way!

oh yay! i'm old guard! i am in contact with her on facebook quite regularly. she is a lovely lady.

haha, that's funny!

yeah it was so exciting! so jealous of those that went, yet so happy for them too!

62 was a great year .... :)

IS a great year!

Know what you mean Strider, but the oldest of friends that I've ever known have reappeared in my life after 40 years. It's kind of cool.Long stories...

The Who fans I recall was the girl who had a avater of John Entwistle and Boris the Spider,

Hi everyone! I've read the whole thread and it's great seeing some names from the past. After reading Jahfins post I realized that's about the same time I joined here (Electric Magic), I can remember the first people I talked to those days, because it was my first attempt at a message board. Chicken-she and her brother Nick were going at it pretty good, very funny stuff. Manders-Sweet, funny, caring and has grown into such a wonderful person. ledded-made me laugh at least 3 times the first week,not afraid to joke about himself and is a class act in my book. Laketh-what can I say? Probably my first best friend in the early days, miss you so much. I'm really hopeful that you give Facebook a try, but if not I'll come here more to see ya.

The next group of friends I made came later because I was paying them and thier names run wild through this thread.I just want to say that I'm soooo happy that I joined that day, Because I have made life long friends because of it and i'm so lucky!

Knebs, the mouth still hurts, so I'll just go with the spell check name I gave her-Toaster Oven. Damn that was funny,I couldn't make that one up.

Archived