Old Guard

Pilot of the Storm

^ Wow, the "Old Guard" crew really IS CLUELESS, if I have to explain such a simple joke.

Well perhaps you should leave the twilight world of the old guard and troll some younger naive kids which should suit you better.

I wasn't bothered by the word black personally i just didn't get his point clearly but assumed what he meant.

The word black didn't bother me either. Assuming that it DID bother people is the odd thing.

Speaking of black, sort of.......DeepBlackZeppelin was a kind girl who used to post a lot back in the day.

P.S. Thankfully I have Got A Horsey doesn't post here anymore.

There were lots of good people around at different times. There were plenty of fun threads and posts for a long time. There were more trolls than in Norway. You will probably remember that there were loads of people who came on the site just to wind people up spouting all sorts of rubbish. Often they didn't stay long or were banned. Some just can't resist trying to be clever but falling flat on their faces. They make out others' twist their words when it's clear there's little to twist at times. There self congratulated humour disappears quicker than Eusaine Bolt in the 100mtrs. Then they get shirty and then struggle when people challenge them.

Small minds usually and often with little staying power or ability to be funny. We will have seen many of them come and go. They are still around now so things haven't changed much.

But some of us have the staying power despite being old gits ( speaking for myself mainly guys n gals).

Here's to people who can be classed as old guard and there are many of them.

Some are still good friends and will remain so. Trolls and idiots won't change or threaten the strength of that.

I am proud to be a zeppelin fan, I was once new guard but am now old guard but as lakey says I will always be the right guard.

P.S. Thankfully I Have Got A Horsey doesn't post here anymore.

Now THAT guy was insufferable. He posted as "Gainsbarre" on the Official JPJ Forum. Maybe two of his 2,000+ posts there had anything to do with JPJ.

That board has since been vaporized.

Now THAT guy was insufferable. He posted as "Gainsbarre" on the Official JPJ Forum. Maybe two of his 2,000+ posts there had anything to do with JPJ.

That board has since been vaporized.

I remember gainsbarre, he became a real pain.

There were lots of good people around at different times. There were plenty of fun threads and posts for a long time. There were more trolls than in Norway. You will probably remember that there were loads of people who came on the site just to wind people up spouting all sorts of rubbish. Often they didn't stay long or were banned. Some just can't resist trying to be clever but falling flat on their faces. They make out others' twist their words when it's clear there's little to twist at times. There self congratulated humour disappears quicker than Eusaine Bolt in the 100mtrs. Then they get shirty and then struggle when people challenge them.

Small minds usually and often with little staying power or ability to be funny. We will have seen many of them come and go. They are still around now so things haven't changed much.

But some of us have the staying power despite being old gits ( speaking for myself mainly guys n gals).

Here's to people who can be classed as old guard and there are many of them.

Some are still good friends and will remain so. Trolls and idiots won't change or threaten the strength of that.

I am proud to be a zeppelin fan, I was once new guard but am now old guard but as lakey says I will always be the right guard.

You hit the nail on the head Mr. Led....mmmm, that sounds like a rap tune...

It's really not that bad here, but you did describe the correct demeanor of a few "trolls" (as you put it), and it seems you're aware of their presence/mischief- but for the most part it's not a bad place to be. Sometimes you just gotta let the negativity roll off ya back and play the game with em', if that's how it has to be. All you can do here is speak your mind and be real/genuine about it, even if it comes to disagreement. -that's the only way to be. I do remember you from years ago, but I don't believe we ever exchanged post.

Really, Electrophile? How much younger?

I'm flattered, I suppose, but unlike some people who wish they could be younger, I am happy being 50. I wouldn't trade being 20 years younger for all the money in the world.

For if I was 20 years younger, that means I would have been born in 1982. Which means I would have missed all those Led Zeppelin concerts. No amount of money is worth giving that up.

You can buy a bootleg. You cannot buy the experience...or a memory of the experience.

Electrophile, I consider you old guard. In fact, I think for reference, we should make the old guard demarcation line the Ahmet Ertegun O2 show. Everyone here before that is old guard.

I know Big Klu pretty much left, but whatever happened to Chicken, CodaS., Old Scratch, and Ram77(or maybe it was Rah77? He had Rush's "Hemispheres" cover as his avatar)?

Meh. Way to rub it in that you were around to see them perform...live.

... and Old Scratch kept refering to her as "burp sled" which is close to my mental pronunciation of it...

Last I heard Little Miss is busy doing Lil Miss stuff, not so active online anymore... but that was ages ago.

When I'm on here, I miss TD, Chicken, Klu, SI, Hermit, Stringy, Tony, Gus, Spatdrastik, levee, (especially my pal levee) and tons of others. I think a lot of folks get busy with their lives, on to new things like going to school, or new jobs, families, etc. It's great that some folks stay in touch by other means. Old fart that I am, I haven't gotten around to getting on Facebook.

So yeah, I guess I'm "old guard" in two ways... I joined in '03 about the time the dvd came out after lurking for a few months... and I'm 53. (My sister just turned 52, and says she can now claim she plays with a full deck).

Waves hello again. P.S. apologies to those whose names I've forgotten... you know who you are... even if I don't... at the moment.

Awww Lakey! Good to see you here! I started posting in '03 after lurking on Electric Magic and .com for years. I've dropped off the face of the earth now that I have a job teaching and I'll be starting grad school in January. It keeps me busy for sure.

I remember her (but not her name... sigh). She was hilarious.

She was going to go to Penn State maybe... had played in marching band... maybe... :unsure: ...

I remember her real name, but not her screen name.

Greetings, starchildren!

As opposed to seeing them perform...dead. ;)

But point taken...from here on out, I won't ever mention it again.

Awww Lakey! Good to see you here! I started posting in '03 after lurking on Electric Magic and .com for years. I've dropped off the face of the earth now that I have a job teaching and I'll be starting grad school in January. It keeps me busy for sure.

I remember her real name, but not her screen name.

Do you remember me?

I've been around since Nov 2007. I received an email from somewhere and joined about a week later, best I recollect.

I'll alway consider myself a rookie, and I do appreciate you good folks putting up with a most of the nonsense I've spewed for over 1600 posts.

All of you are great people, even a lot of the banned members.

Yes, I've been drinking.

That's the best you got? You flop like a bass that's been tossed up on the dock.

That's no way to talk to a Master Gunnery Sergeant,PFC. He'll kindly rip yur 'ed off and crap down yur neck!

Then again...hmmm...I'll side with the Master Guns!

I'm hearing stuff about trolling and kids, and that's a bunch of bullshit toward someone who hardly ever called another member a derogatory name, or did anything creepy with the younger members. I'll try to visit the areas where the Old Stiffs rarely venture, if it pleases you.

Archived