Old Guard

Pilot of the Storm

I've been around since Nov 2007. I received an email from somewhere and joined about a week later, best I recollect.

I'll alway consider myself a rookie, and I do appreciate you good folks putting up with a most of the nonsense I've spewed for over 1600 posts.

All of you are great people, even a lot of the banned members.

Yes, I've been drinking.

Some decent people were banned for speaking their minds against a lot of shit heads that scoured the board. But some were sent to hell for being nasty shits to all and sundry for no reason whatsoever at times.

keep on drinking Jabe

You sound like an expert tosser

You put on this charade of being offended, while I haven't said anything to be insulted over. Now you sling what I suppose you consider an insult, hoping to have me do reply with some insult. What a sad Old Guard, with a flopper at their helm.

You put on this charade of being offended, while I haven't said anything to be insulted over. Now you sling what I suppose you consider an insult, hoping to have me do reply with some insult. What a sad Old Guard, with a flopper at their helm.

Keep scratching around jr. I would never be offended by you no matter how hard you try. A difference between us is you lack any humour in your posts. Trying not to come across as insulting but your every post has aninsulting tone to it. Mine are more blatant and open. Don't hide just say it.

I miss the delectable MissHoneyDripper.

She has to possess one of the prettiest smiles I ever did see.

I loved how she would gush over Jason. Too bad she disappeared.

Keep scratching around jr. I would never be offended by you no matter how hard you try. A difference between us is you lack any humour in your posts. Trying not to come across as insulting but your every post has aninsulting tone to it. Mine are more blatant and open. Don't hide just say it.

I don't recall much of your past postings being blatant - which I mean to say, there was no previous agitation shown, that I remember. You posted a compliment to a group from over here, I made a reference to the shock over a phenonem that occurred over 50 years ago. At least three people immediately over-reacted to it. This shouldn't be such a blowout.

I miss Del.

I just wish he'd hurry up & get his damn ISP changed.

Yes, because why would one want to actually stay away from a place they've been kicked out of. Apparently it's a good use of one's life relentlessly trying to find a way to sneak back in to somewhere they aren't wanted.

Yes, because why would one want to actually stay away from a place they've been kicked out of. Apparently it's a good use of one's life relentlessly trying to find a way to sneak back in to somewhere they aren't wanted.

I can appreciate the irony in that statement.

That's one of the things I admire the most about this place - how certain individuals, no matter how otherwise mentally unprepossessing they might be, have the uncanny ability to know what everybody else thinks. Very impressive!

I assume you're referring to the "somewhere they aren't wanted" part of my statement? You're saying I can't know what people on this board want or don't want? You're right. And guess what? It doesn't matter. I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about the people WHO RUN THE BOARD. They don't want you here. Period.

It's like being at a house party, and someone gets kicked out by the home owner. Saying "hey, let me back in, some other people at the party like me!" Wouldn't matter, would it? If the owner and organizer has asked you to leave, that should be it. But that's not it for many here, including yourself presumably. That home owner would catch you sneaking back in the window every time they turned around. They'd kick you back out, and minutes later they'd see you huddling in the corner of the party wearing a fake mustache. They'd kick you out again, and half an hour later they'd catch you lurking near the chips and dip. "Seriously??", the owner would say. "What kind of lunatic are you?? Go somewhere else, before I call the cops." But you'd be back. What kind of person would do that at a real-life party? An asshole, a psychopath, or both. And yet online, there are people who spend an inordinate amount of time trying to sneak back into a freaking rock band website that they've been kicked out of a hundred times. What kind of person does that? You guessed it - an asshole, a psychopath, or both.

^ When I was a newbie here, I started a thread on trying to identify members who were frequently banned. One of the Old Guard (most likely Knebby) immediately posted that this topic would not be tolerated, and to expect the thread to be deleted. She was right, and it was, right after that. I didn't know what to make of all the accusations, every time a new member joined - oh, this is Rick or Joel or so and so, again. It was nutty. The best I can tell, "Mary Hartman" (crossdressing weirdo) had the most alias' and impersonations - "Speed Racer" (and sidekick chim-chim)and "Boinks and Splits" (alien and animated little dog, that would hold conversations between themselves about each normal member here?), come to mind. It seems Rick is still somewhat embraced, which I have no problem with. He doesn't like me calling him "Cornelius", though - which is the name he once chose for himself.

I don't remember that ^ - but if it was me, I was saying that the FORUM would not tolerate it - not that it bothered me. I personally think that they should be named and clearly identified as previously banned members.

Sorry, Knebby - that was probably over 5 years ago. I just remember it was a female member who seemed like they knew how things are run around here. I have a much better feel as to who's who, or was who, since then. I'd say there have been only two members that I would prefer not to have come back or stay around this forum. They are not anyone I've conversed with in this thread, nor are they Del, Rick, or Joel.

Archived