Old Guard

Pilot of the Storm

[every time i make a point on here people just refuse to acknowledge it because i go about it in a direct way that comes off as abrasive to people]

[can we grow up for a second]?

[some day i'd like to have a conversation that ends with some kind of meaning rather than the usual 'get lost']

Thank you kindly for the advice.

Now, would anyone care to elaborate on what this old guard thing is really about?

:beat:

Of course I realize I can never be a part of this, nor do I very much care.., but I am sure I am not the only one who is curious...

It just seems like an unnecessary way to separate yourselves from the rest of us...

You are acting, I hope, under the realization you're just reinforcing my previous point.

Edited to take the high ground. <_<

Ever thought that it's about friendship between people who were around well before the O2 announcement who are catching up to say hello to each other? Probably not.

Many of us were the backbone of electric magic and .com sharing our love of Zeppelin and we are still friends. That's says a lot and stands for something. Loyalty to the the band, their music and our friendships.

Many assholes have come and gone over the years but I see one is still here questioning such friendships. However have a good day.

Do you enjoy in some way being an @sshole?

[this 'democration line' stuff is complete and utter b.s.]

[by this accord, people who made accounts here just to be hip or whatever on the night of the o2 show... who never made a single post or contribution to anything here... all the sudden assume some kind of 'status']?

[edited because mind your own business]

Ever thought that it's about friendship between people who were around well before the O2 announcement who are catching up to say hello to each other? Probably not.

Many of us were the backbone of electric magic and .com sharing our love of Zeppelin and we are still friends. That's says a lot and stands for something. Loyalty to the the band, their music and our friendships.

Many assholes have come and gone over the years but I see one is still here questioning such friendships. However have a good day.

I simply asked the question.

I never said a thing about your friendships. If you will simply take the time to read a little I trust you will arrive at this same conclusion.

No need for such language or to get nasty with me.

docron, the old guard thing is just a fun term for posters who have been active for a very long time. it has nothing to do with post counts, elitistness ( is that a word? lol ), or devisiveness. the " demarkation " term was just a fun remark, nothing more. and it also has nothing to do with age. you can be, say, 25 and be old guard, or 75 and be a newbie.

get it?

Do you enjoy in some way being an @sshole?

In regards to the post you quoted of mine, I stick by what I said here.

I don't 'enjoy being an @sshole', I just think it's being misconstrued. I and am only coming off as an @sshole because I am right. The need for a specific timestamp is ridiculous. Why can't the criteria really be as easy as old friendships?

docron, the old guard thing is just a fun term for posters who have been active for a very long time. it has nothing to do with post counts, elitistness ( is that a word? lol ), or devisiveness. the " demarkation " term was just a fun remark, nothing more. and it also has nothing to do with age. you can be, say, 25 and be old guard, or 75 and be a newbie.

get it?

none of us are quite 75 thankfully but you are right, its about the people who came together from both boards. We still post but not a prolifically as we once did both prior and post O2.

I don't 'enjoy being an @sshole', I just think it's being misconstrued. I and am only coming off as an @sshole because I am right. The need for a specific timestamp is ridiculous. Why can't the criteria really be as easy as old friendships?

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/18097-docron-is-back/

Still not sure what you issue is with the title of the thread. There is no specific timestamp as you call it. We could have called it old farts, would that be easier for you?

Still not sure what you issue is with the title of the thread. There is no specific timestamp as you call it. We could have called it old farts, would that be easier for you?

I said nothing about the title of the thread.

However, a few pages back someone was spouting off about a specific date (the O2 concert?) which was to represent some kind of cutoff line for being part of your group.

I didn't realize it was a loose interpretation.

I said nothing about the title of the thread.

However, a few pages back someone was spouting off about a specific date (the O2 concert?) which was to represent some kind of cutoff line for being part of your group.

I didn't realize it was a loose interpretation.

a) It's not a group

B) the O2 wasn't a starting point or cut off point per se, for some that was when they joined the board but for many we had been around for some years before that

c) some of us were friends before the O2 both on line and in person

d) the thread title was what one person decided to call it pure and simple so I didn't realise we had to put titles out to a vote on the board.

e) it wasn't a closed invitation to anyone, as anyone can call themselves old guard given that there is no clearly agreed timescale for feeling you are old guard.

Thank you kindly for the advice.

Now, would anyone care to elaborate on what this old guard thing is really about?

:beat:

Of course I realize I can never be a part of this, nor do I very much care.., but I am sure I am not the only one who is curious...

It just seems like an unnecessary way to separate yourselves from the rest of us...

For someone professing not to care very much, you sure did your best to beat a dead horse into the ground.

All poor Pilot of the Storm did was come back and say "hi", which got other people from the old days to stop by and reminisce. Lakey, brspled, ledded1, etc. This is the Meet and Greet section after all.

Somehow you twisted the purpose of this thread into some nefarious scheme. Even when several people explained over amd over how you were misinterpreting the thread, you still persisted in your negativity.

Way to go.

It shows real maturity when you just HAVE to try to piss on something just because you weren't part of it- and then start a pathetic alternative thread. And clearly demonstrates why some folk just won't EVER get it.

547759_395292587203329_1378477840_n.jpg

On the Alabama Shakes tip, here they are opening for Neil Young and Crazy Horse just a few days ago at Red Rocks. It was somewhere around this time last year that they first came to my attention through the Drive-By Truckers. Patterson Hood caught one of their shows and asked them to join them out on the road. That soon led to a few gigs opening for North Mississippi Allstars as well (which is when I first saw them). By the early part of 2012 they were headlining their own shows (as well as selling them out) and have since gone on to open for the likes of Jack White and Neil Young and have performed at nearly every major festival on the circuit including Bonnaroo and the Newport Folk Festival. While not quite on the same level as Nirvana's meteoric rise to fame back in '91, it's been pretty fucking impressive to see them go from a little known band from Athens, Alabama with only an EP to their name to a band that's on the tip of nearly everybody's tongue less than a year later. During a time when you've got people saying that rock n' roll is dead or that there's not shit on the radio, Alabama Shakes are proof positive that a band can still come virtually out of nowhere and be wildly successful. In this case it was without the benefit of a full length record (Boys and Girls didn't drop until April), a major label push or even massive critical acclaim. It was something that happened on a grassroots level from fans themselves spreading the word via social media and music blogs to actual word of mouth. If you think that's mind blowing to each of us, just imagine how they feel. This time last year they were barely playing anywhere outside of small clubs in their hometown of Athens.

Well, nobody can piss on this... it would just fizzle out.. cuz they are f'in amazing. Thanks Jahfin.

Old Guard, Young Guard, Left Guard, Right Guard...

Right Guard! That's it!!! This is the deodorant thread. Yeppers, that's what it is. :cheer: Aren't you glad my emoticon used it before waving her pompoms? Of course you are. B)

LakeO, I can (nay, already have pissed all over them).

By the way, I quite like you and remember you from the older days. Matter of fact, you started the Spats' Love Blah-blah-blah thread didn't you?

Yes, I did... and it was yanked rather quickly and I got a friendly note advising me to mend my ways.

Well, nobody can piss on this... it would just fizzle out.. cuz they are f'in amazing. Thanks Jahfin.

Old Guard, Young Guard, Left Guard, Right Guard...

Right Guard! That's it!!! This is the deodorant thread. Yeppers, that's what it is. :cheer: Aren't you glad my emoticon used it before waving her pompoms? Of course you are. B)

Will need the right guard after all the pompomming :D:you_rock:

Archived