Post pictures from concerts you have been to (If you did take pictures)! (:

MollyHendrix

53 minutes ago, Michael Conen said:

Just finished working on my Heart snapshots from 1977 - the one and only time I saw them. A fine show, as I remember it, with Foreigner as second-on-the-bill, and Walter Egan opening [photos of those sets will be ready at some point in the future]. For now, the rest of the images can be seen over at my blog: Heart, in Louisville, Kentucky [May 1977], at "Where Were You?", by Michael Conen, over on WordPress.com

Fantastic photos!  Thank you for sharing.  What a month that was in Louisville.  Led Zeppelin on April 25 and Heart in their prime in May.

58 minutes ago, John M said:

Fantastic photos!  Thank you for sharing.  What a month that was in Louisville.  Led Zeppelin on April 25 and Heart in their prime in May.

You're most welcome, John M !  Thank you for your compliment, and, yes, that month of '77 was a fine one for shows - and there were a few more good ones in Kentucky, that year, including Thin Lizzy and Queen on the same bill.  For more on such dates, see here: "Where Was I?" Year 1977 shows.  Thanks, again, for taking the time to have a look at the rest of the photos, and leaving a kind remark - much appreciated!

• 3 months later...

Just finished working up "proofs" of the Pink Floyd "Animals" tour in '77, taken a short time after purchasing my first camera gear - weeks after those Zep photos already shared here, on the Forum.  I was still working out how to approach these big shows, and dense, sold out general admission shows were always a challenge.  In the end, only a few of the photos came out to my satisfaction.  Here are a trio of the better ones [in addition to one that appears earlier in this thread, but which I've re-scanned and edited]. The rest, plus a review of the show, and more reading on FM Radio, in those days, can be found at this link: "Where Were You?" - Pink Floyd at Freedom Hall, Louisville, Kentucky [6-17-77] by Michael Conen

Michael Conen - [PROOF] David Gilmour & Snowy White horiz LG [Pink Floyd - Freedom Hall, Louisville KY 6-17-77].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] David Gilmour & Snowy White vert LG [Pink Floyd - Freedom Hall, Louisville KY 6-17-77].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Nick Mason eyes closed partial horiz LG [Pink Floyd - Freedom Hall, Louisville KY 6-17-77].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Rick Wright closeup horiz cropped LG [Pink Floyd - Freedom Hall, Louisville KY 6-17-77].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Roger Waters profile vert cropped NIGHT COLOR LG [Pink Floyd - Freedom Hall, Louisville KY 6-17-77].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Snowy White vert cropped LG [Pink Floyd - Freedom Hall, Louisville KY 6-17-77].jpg

• 1 month later...

Happy Holidays everyone!

A quick post of my most recent work from a club show, in March of 1986, of Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians; featuring 3/4 of The Soft Boys in the line-up [Robyn Hitchcock on vocals & guitar; Morris Windsor, on drums & vocals; & Andy Metcalfe on bass & vocals]. The addition of Roger Jackson on keyboards, guitars & vocals, rounds out the line-up.

For more of the images and some recollections, please follow this link: "Where Were You?" - Michael Conen's photos of Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians [March 19th, 1986]

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Andy Metcalfe vert LG [Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians - Berkeley Square, Berkeley CA 3-19-86].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Morris Windsor horiz LG [Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians - Berkeley Square, Berkeley CA 3-19-86].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Robyn Hitchcock bright vert LG [Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians - Berkeley Square, Berkeley CA 3-19-86].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Robyn Hitchcock pensive vert LG [Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians - Berkeley Square, Berkeley CA 3-19-86].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Roger Jackson vert no 2 LG [Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians - Berkeley Square, Berkeley CA 3-19-86].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Robyn Hitchcock profile dark vert LG [Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians - Berkeley Square, Berkeley CA 3-19-86].jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just went back, over the past couple of months, and re-scanned and re-edited my photographs of ZZ Top, when they appeared in Louisville, Kentucky, in May of 1977.  Another set from my earliest attempts at shooting rock concerts; while at first, I was quite disappointed with the number of frames that had hands in the way of the artists, this re-evaluation led me to become a bit less critical of the results.  Again, I rank a handful as being really good, and one of the late, great Dusty Hill, as having turned out quite well.  The rowdy crowd meant it wasn't possible to get up as close as I would have liked, and shoot without so many disruptions.... oh well, part of the learning curve!  If you are curious to see more, head over to this link, on my blog: "Where Were You?", a blog focusing on Michael Conen's photographs. This time, of ZZ Top, in May of 1977

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Dusty Hill horiz CROPPED FF LG [ZZ Top - Freedom Hall, Louisville KY 5-19-77].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Frank Beard closeup horiz LG [ZZ Top - Freedom Hall, Louisville KY 5-19-77].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Dusty Hill & Billy Gibbons horiz no 6 BW FF LG [ZZ Top - Freedom Hall, Louisville KY 5-19-77].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Dusty Hill & Billy Gibbons horiz no 4 FF LG [ZZ Top - Freedom Hall, Louisville KY 5-19-77].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Dusty Hill & Billy Gibbons horiz FF LG [ZZ Top - Freedom Hall, Louisville KY 5-19-77].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Billy Gibbons vert no 5 BW FF LG [ZZ Top - Freedom Hall, Louisville KY 5-19-77].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Billy Gibbons vert no 2 LG [ZZ Top - Freedom Hall, Louisville KY 5-19-77].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Band horiz no 4 LG [ZZ Top - Freedom Hall, Louisville KY 5-19-77].jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Ready to share another round of photos that I put off for quite some time, due to not pinning down the exact date of the show (lots of records were lost in one of my several moves in years past).  This time, a long-time fave guitarist, Adrian Belew, on tour with his buddies The Bears [Rob Fetters on guitar; Bob Nyswonger on bass; and Chris Anduser on drums - unfortunately no pix of the drummer.... again].  This was a club gig in Berkeley, California, in February of 1986.  If you like these images, there are more, plus recollections, here: Adrian Belew & The Bears at Berkeley Square [2-10-86] @ "Where Were You?" by Michael Conen . Thanks, in advance, for the opportunity to post these, and your time ;)

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Adrian Belew smiles vert FF LG [Adrian Belew & the Bears - Berkeley Square, Berkeley CA 2-10-86].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Adrian Belew, Rob Fetters & Bob Nyswonger horiz FF LG [Adrian Belew & the Bears - Berkeley Square, Berkeley CA 2-10-86].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Bob Nyswonger, Adrian Belew & Rob Fetters saxophone vert FF LG [Adrian Belew & the Bears - Berkeley Square, Berkeley CA 2-10-86].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Rob Fetters & Bob Nyswonger vert FF LG [Adrian Belew & the Bears - Berkeley Square, Berkeley CA 2-10-86].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Adrian Belew eyes closed soloing vert FF LG [Adrian Belew & the Bears - Berkeley Square, Berkeley CA 2-10-86].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Adrian Belew taps harmonics vert FF LG [Adrian Belew & the Bears - Berkeley Square, Berkeley CA 2-10-86].jpg

Michael Conen - [PROOF] Adrian Belew vert FF LG [Adrian Belew & the Bears - Berkeley Square, Berkeley CA 2-10-86].jpg