I met Jimmy twice last week in London

I also believe Kimbersays. Perhaps Mudslider just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Then again, the majority of his posts on this forum are of the negative variety so his reaction really doesn't surprise me. I just hope his lashing out at her doesn't discourage Kimbersays from continuing to contribute to the forum. I, for one, enjoyed reading her account and am glad she felt comfortable enough about it to share it with all of us here.

All I would like to add is that I have a good friend who met Jimmy Page, he shared a table with him and Robert Plant at Ronnie Scott's club when Jeff Beck was playing a gig there . Apart from being amazed at sharing a table with them he also said that both Robert & Jimmy were extremely friendly that Jimmy was approachable to everyone who was there that night .

That was November 2007 and clips of Jimmy and Robert are included in the official dvd.

http://www.amazon.com/Performing-This-Week-Live-Ronnie-Scotts/dp/B001GSV3EC

I have no reason to believe that Jimmy ever sees this forum -- but I wish that, if only for once, he would come out and endorse Kimbersays' story !

(Though I believe it without any corroboration : it rings true)

I wish Jimmy did too, but I have the feeling that people close to him and the rest of the band do, and that includes Ross. (He has aluded as much about his pictures being posted here.) I also believe Kimbersays story. Jimmy means a lot to me, so it was lovely and lovely of her to share when she didn't have to.

It's really a shame when someone (especially a new poster) shares a great story like that and some mean-spirited poster decides to be a total jerk with their rude comments.

Sorry you had to experience that Kimbersays- I loved hearing about your Jimmy encounters & I believe you. Hope it doesn't scare you from sharing again in the future.

One has to agree with Major Major that Kensington is a lovely place to visit and love going there when in London , never seen Jimmy's house though but probably walked past it a few times . I know that the film director Michael Winner lives next door to his house and read in an interview he did about what a lovely neighbour Jimmy is and how he checks on him every day to see how he is have a chat .

No wonder Evster and some of the other members have left and haven't come back.

A new member arrives and this is the welcome she receives. It is sad and somewhat indicative of how our society has fallen. It used to be "innocent until proven guilty". Now, it appears nobody is given the benefit of the doubt; they're immediately assumed guilty.

Mudslider, you say Kimbersays has to prove her story. Who are you...Javert? You are the one slinging accusations(maybe you should change your name to Mudslinger?), the burden of proof is on you!

If some of you are wondering why I feel so strongly about this, it's because I went through the same bullshit last year. Two things helped me: 1) I was right; and 2) I had been on the forum long enough to know that there's always a few trolls and troublemakers who get off on stirring up shit.

Plus, it helps that I really don't care if I am liked or not.

Kimbersays, however, is a new member and wirhout even giving her a chance to establish herself, gets accused right away. Usually, it's considered good manners and fair play to assume a person is telling the truth until they have shown cause to believe otherwise.

I always take a new member at face value unless they start spouting wacky conspiracy theories or constantly post reunion rumours. So far I haven't seen anything Kimbersays has posted that would lead me to believe she isn't tethered to reality. So there is no cause for me to doubt her post about seeing Jimmy.

In addition to your "guilty til proven innocent" world-view, Mudslider, your attack reveals another flaw in your argument: your assumption that everyone has to fit into what you perceive to be normal behavior. That is, you seem to feel that everyone that meets a celebrity has to take a photograph or get an autograph.

Sorry, not everyone is the same. People who travel fall into different categories. There are "tourists" and there are "explorers". Not everyone is busy snapping away with cameras. I'm not sure if that "80% of people have cellphones" statistic you quote is accurate, but even if it is, not all cellphones have cameras.

Walking alone is often the best way to discover and explore a city or a place. I spent a full day getting lost in the side streets of Venice and didn't take a single photo. I was too busy enjoying the moment. Most married couples, especially long-time married couples, I know prefer to go off on their own while traveling. Since the husband and wife have often different interests, it's usually more fun to explore alone than to have to drag a bored spouse along.

Kimber taking a walk around the neighborhood while her husband and son go see "The Dark Knight Rises" is natural and totally believable. For you to think it implausible says more about you than her.

Let's also talk about this view you have that the proper behavior to exhibit when meeting someone famous is to ask for an autograph and take a photo. In a word: bullshit.

In my work, I come in contact with celebrities from time to time. I also have friends(both here on the forum and in my life) and relatives that also meet stars in their line of work or out and about. Now, at some places of employment, you have to sign a "non-disclosure" agreement. This means you cannot ask for an autograph, a photo, nor can you tell, write, e-mail, tweet about any celebrity you meet.

To do so is a fireable offense. In fact, someone risked their job getting a Robert Plant autograph for me. In the past few months, I have had plenty of celebrity encounters: Angelina Jolie and her kids came in to shop, and one night I got to talk about baseball with Billy Bob Thornton(he loves the St. Louis Cardinals). But do I have a photo or an autograph of the meeting? No...and the thought to get one never entered my mind.

So again, the fact that Kimbersays didn't get a photo or an autograph from Jimmy not only is believable to me, but commendable. The fact that you think otherwise, Mudslider, only suggests how shallow you are.

Kimbersays, don't let this negative nabob of negativity scare you off...most of us here aren't like that. Stay strong and let him stew in his own sourness.

i totally believe her story, have no reason NOT to!

see, to all of us fans, we think it would be a once in a lifetime thing to just " bump into " jimmy page while out walking, but to the mainstream public, he's not that famous! a large proportion of the public would walk right on by! and he IS just a mere mortal like us, who goes shopping occasionally. SHEESH!

nobody has commented on the fact he apparently has a young girlfriend ...... :)

Doubts =/= evidence of falsehood

No, you prove her wrong.

...why wouldn't she take walks by herself? London isn't exactly fucking Detroit. And Holland Park, especially during daytime, is probably way safer for a lady than anywhere in the USA.

[i resent this]...

nobody has commented on the fact he apparently has a young girlfriend ...... :)

I would say that is what is much more questionable. Last time that young girdfriend story was posted here, Sam removed it.

I am sorry you are treated this way, Kimbersays. It was kind of you to share your story.

Oh yeah, this has nothing to do with being cool in front of her friends in Austin who have all me Robert....she just happens to rent a flat oh so close to Jimmy's house .....after Robert lived oh so close to her in Austin. Pretty ironic. Claims she has a photo from in front of jimmys house but is not showing us.....and even if she did that doesn't mean a thing. Pretty amazing theres no word of an autograph...if Jimmy was oh so flirty with her and so friendly certainly he would sign his name for this 25 year old, I mean 45 year old fan from Austin. Just funny how people here are so desperate for Jimmy Page news; will believe anything.

So prove this didn't happen! LOL. So yesterday I had coffee with John Paul Jones after seeing him at Starbucks and invited him over to my house. We had dinner and listened to records all night. Some friends came over and we jammed all night. Jones was great! We played until 3am and then he took a short nap and had to leave for the airport at 8. I am preparing to move so couldn't find my camera, video eqiptment or even a pen. Boy, it didn't matter. Jamming with JPJ of Led Zeppelin. He also told me Jimmy said it was Zeppelin or retirement for him after the 02'; that he has some great material for several new Zeppelin LP's but he said Robert just wouldn't show up and expressed no interest. Jones said Page was furious that Robert wanted to play stupid little wanker songs insterad of jamming to Zeppelin around around the world. Here I was listeningf to this in my own living room with JPJ's himself! What a guy. I put my hand on his shoulder and hugged him goodbye. What a time.

There wil always be someone here (or multiples) who will try and twist or denounce what a member shares-(even if it is the truth) lets's face it. I've noticed there are those who commonly post Zeppelin affiliated stories/news/videos, etc. and those whose generally post in other areas and hardly ever talk Zeppelin. Makes you wonder why they even joined a LED ZEPPELIN forum......

When I first joined this site over 4 years ago, there was a member (Pilot of the Storm) if I remember correctly....who gave me some shit (similar to this) about a story I posted about an Ex-girlfriend of mine unexpectedly meeting Jimmy Page (when he was with the Firm/playing in New Orleans)...I had/have no reason to bullshit a story (that I also felt was really cool to share here) yet, he called BS on it-same as this Mudslider fella.

So, I'm familiar with this kinda reaction-first hand. And, it's a shame really.

I've noticed there are those who commonly post Zeppelin affiliated stories/news/videos, etc. and those whose generally post in other areas and hardly ever talk Zeppelin. Makes you wonder why they even joined a LED ZEPPELIN forum......

Speaking just for myself, and especially as one that frequently contributes to other sections of the board aside from the Zeppelin-related ones, there are only so many times you can discuss favorite songs, albums, album covers, etc. before you grow tired of those subjects. Since Led Zeppelin is no longer an ongoing entity, oftentimes those subjects are the only ones that remain active aside from discussing the side projects that Plant and Jones are involved in. It doesn't make anybody any less of a Led Zeppelin fan if they are more active in the non-Zep forums than they are in the Zep-related forums of the board, myself included. I love Led Zeppelin. Always have and always will.

As for this Mudslider fellow, it's pretty obvious that he's outnumbered and that his negativity towards Kimbersays has fallen on deaf ears. Let's just hope his hateful attitude doesn't discourage her from continuing to contribute here.

Speaking just for myself, and especially as one that frequently contributes to other sections of the board aside from the Zeppelin-related ones, there are only so many times you can discuss favorite songs, albums, album covers, etc. before you grow tired of those subjects. Since Led Zeppelin is no longer an ongoing entity, oftentimes those subjects are the only ones that remain active aside from discussing the side projects that Plant and Jones are involved in. It doesn't make anybody any less of a Led Zeppelin fan if they are more active in the non-Zep forums than they are in the Zep-related forums of the board, myself included. I love Led Zeppelin. Always have and always will.

As for this Mudslider fellow, it's pretty obvious that he's outnumbered and that his negativity towards Kimbersays has fallen on deaf ears. Let's just hope his hateful attitude doesn't discourage her from continuing to contribute here.

I'm in that group (along with you) .... Lately, with the lack of news surrounding LZ I tend to post in other areas as well...but I always contribute to the boards when something of Zeppelin interest is being discussed. My interest (in Zeppelin) may not exactly be another members same "cup of tea".... However, (what I'm getting at is) I've picked up on a few that are here more for controversy of some sort than to "get along" and talk music...know what I mean? (No jab at you directly)

As for the topic at hand.....Members like him (Mudslider) can stay away, for all I care. But, bad apples exist in all walks of life.

Some members might say that it makes the boards exciting (having people like that around) when things get boring....I don't agree with that.

Rock Historian - it may take some of the new posters time to become comfortable posting here. I have been reading this forum for almost a year, but did not make my first post until a few months ago. There are some true Zeppelin experts here and it can be intimidating. Coincidentally, I just made my first thread about an hour ago with what some may think is a stupid question, but there it is. Sorry for veering off topic.

Back on topic, I did not doubt the original poster's story for a second, and good for her to have the courage to approach Jimmy.

I agree, Jahfin. I appreciate the Zeppelin "music" related threads. But I really don't have anything to contribute to them. I don't have any information to add. That's just not my forte. Just because I don't post, doesn't mean I'm not paying attention.

Kimbersays, please don't let the meanies scare you away from posting.

The way your luck is going I'm sure you're going to run into Robert in Austin and when you do I want to hear all the details!!!!! (I've heard reports of sightings in Target and Home Depot! Can you imagine! I would think I was hallucinating!)

I loved reading about your encounter(s) with Jimmy and you handled the situation with such poise and class. I agree with you, I would never ever have the nerve to ask a celebrity for a picture much less try to sneak one with my cell phone. So uncool! My husband and I were in London for a few days in June and if only . . . . . . but no such luck.

Please continue to post, you're an asset to the forums. :)

The way your luck is going I'm sure you're going to run into Robert in Austin and when you do I want to hear all the details!!!!! (I've heard reports of sightings in Target and Home Depot! Can you imagine! I would think I was hallucinating!)

Goes to show, you just don't ever know. I wasn't there but the day following Plant's show with the Band of Joy in Raleigh last year he and Patty Griffin stopped in at Schoolkids Records to do some shopping. There wasn't anyone else in the store at the time but one employee (Kyle Rosko). He left them alone and allowed them to shop but following that he did ask to get a couple of photos. If you care to read about Kyle's encounter with Plant and Patty,

you can do so here. Just scroll down until you see the photo of Plant and Kyle I posted here.

robertplant-pattygriffin-schoolkids.jpg

5414705850_c64f150426.jpg

Plant with Schoolkids Records employee Kyle Rosko (with Patty Griffin

unsuccessfully trying to duck out of the picture)

Goes to show, you just don't ever know. I wasn't there but the day following Plant's show with the Band of Joy in Raleigh last year he and Patty Griffin stopped in at Schoolkids Records to do some shopping. There wasn't anyone else in the store at the time but one employee (Kyle Rosko). He left them alone and allowed them to shop but following that he did ask to get a couple of photos. If you care to read about Kyle's encounter with Plant and Patty,

you can do so here. Just scroll down until you see the photo of Plant and Kyle I posted here.

robertplant-pattygriffin-schoolkids.jpg

5414705850_c64f150426.jpg

Plant with Schoolkids Records employee Kyle Rosko (with Patty Griffin

unsuccessfully trying to duck out of the picture)

How cool is that!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting Jahfin. That just makes me smile - lucky kid!

And wait . . . . . . . did I read correctly, he was going to call a cab and some other customer drove him where he needed to go??????? That just blows my mind!

Archived