Jimmy Page attended Stone Roses "secret gig"

Janvier

Yeah, what a load of bollocks. Makes me wanna punch Kim in the mouth next time I see him.

Just kidding. I don't recall reading those quotes before, but then, Soundgarden wasn't a band that inspired me to voraciously read up on them like Sonic Youth, Jane's Addiction...and Led Zeppelin.

Sorry Kim Thayil, when I listen to Soundgarden records I don't HEAR any MC5 or Ramones. I hear Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath.

Sounds like Kim's the one trying to be "pretentious".

Thank you! :lol: Gimme a break Thayil! Let's face it. The music industry's money pool is dwindling down to a trickle. At this point, I think people will do ANYTHING, even if it means kissing "rock royalty" ass to stay in the game.

• 3 weeks later...

I Read this interview years ago, but opportunity to present it here again...

indeed the Cultured (Page) vs. the Uncultured (Thayil)...Perhaps Team Jimmy/CEO Ross Halfin should do bit of research before asking the Legendary Musician to pose here, pose there (conveniently)...Ofcouse JImmy is charming, beautiful...but that is beside the point...Jimmy too wrote off the 60's when he formed Zeppelin, but he did it with style, charm and grace, all things of beauty, as deemed necessary...

Reprinted without permisson from India Abroad, December 2, 1994

ROCK IDOL SAYS HIS MUSIC IS INTROSPECTIVE AND AGGRESSIVE

by Ela Dutt

"Said to be the most outspoken, though generally the quiet guy in his band, Thayil has quite a grouse against the '60s generation which he feels wrongfully gives itself the credit for inventing rock 'n' roll and progressive values and lifestyles, a view held by most of "Generation X."

"I think most of them did not know what was going on then and don't know now. I don't think they grew up. There are still plenty of people in their 70s who still hold on to their idealism, have a clear vision of justice or truth. And there are a lot of these 40-nothings their lives are just some convenience. They can fit into the world in any way they felt was profitable to them, ultimately letting themselves to yuppiedom and materialism," Thayil asserts."

The entire interview/background

http://web.stargate....s_12-4-94.shtml

The Roses guitarist Jon Squire stated that when they recorded ( eventually ) their second album, the band would lie around in the studio getting wasted whilst cranking up Led Zeppelin 1V :thumbsup:

I don't get it, I don't hear Zeppelin in them at all, I'm goig to give the track "tears" a listen and see if I change my view - never mind, I just gave Tears a listen, it does have a Zeppelin thing, sort of the light and shade

Archived