New and exclusive interview with Eddie Kramer about Jimmy Page

ZosofanCMR

Hey everyone, I just conducted an interview with Eddie Kramer, engineer for multiple Led Zeppelin albums. You can check it out here:

http://findingzoso.blogspot.com/2012/08/interview-with-eddie-kramer.html

He talks about his work on each album, how he got involved with the band, his work with Jimmy in the session days, and his friendship with JPJ, along with a myriad of other things over his career. Great guy, and it was a real thrill to talk to him.

Good get for you and thanks for posting the interview here Zosofan. I'll have to wait until after work to read the interview but I'm looking forward to it. It's always nice to have a fresh, NEW interview out there for the fans.

He is a very nice guy. I actually wrote him for the first time over two years ago when I was in Iraq, and he arranged for Experience Hendrix Ltd to send me and my buddies a package full of Hendrix CD's. I've never forgotten that kindness.

That to me was a great read. Hats off to you mate. I'm wondering if Eddie ever talked about Led Zeppelin with Hendrix. I mean we know what Zep thinks of Hendrix , but you never really hear what he(Jimi) thought about Led Zeppelin. Seeing how Eddie engineered those albums at Ladyland and Jimi was definetly aware of Led Zep. I just never heard Eddie mention anything about how Jimi felt. That would be the guy to ask...

Hey everyone, I just conducted an interview with Eddie Kramer, engineer for multiple Led Zeppelin albums. You can check it out here:

http://findingzoso.b...die-kramer.html

He talks about his work on each album, how he got involved with the band, his work with Jimmy in the session days, and his friendship with JPJ, along with a myriad of other things over his career. Great guy, and it was a real thrill to talk to him.

It looks wonderful. I want to read it when I have more time.Thanks for sharing from me too.

Great interview! It's really cool getting the in-time feel and recollections about the period- esp. studio days with JPJ and then the whole Woodstock experience. Being a NYer and having done some theatre work in Woodstock I can relate to the drive out of Manhattan to there. Arriving with the stage partially built must have been an amazing "here we go!" moment.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing the interview! Always good to hear what Eddie has to say. :)

EDIT: Hmm. Interesting that Eddie heard the first album a full eight or nine months before it was recorded! :P

That to me was a great read. Hats off to you mate. I'm wondering if Eddie ever talked about Led Zeppelin with Hendrix. I mean we know what Zep thinks of Hendrix , but you never really hear what he(Jimi) thought about Led Zeppelin. Seeing how Eddie engineered those albums at Ladyland and Jimi was definetly aware of Led Zep. I just never heard Eddie mention anything about how Jimi felt. That would be the guy to ask...

I asked Billy Cox - Jimi's friend and bassist (Band of Gypsys/reformed-Experience) - if Jimi ever mentioned Led Zeppelin, and he said that he couldn't remember them ever coming up. Members at a Hendrix forum I frequent seem to believe he hated them - but there is scattered (and contradictory) evidence both ways, and no real certainty.

Kramer would probably be the best person to ask.

Thanks for sharing the interview! Always good to hear what Eddie has to say. :)

EDIT: Hmm. Interesting that Eddie heard the first album a full eight or nine months before it was recorded! :P

I asked Billy Cox - Jimi's friend and bassist (Band of Gypsys/reformed-Experience) - if Jimi ever mentioned Led Zeppelin, and he said that he couldn't remember them ever coming up. Members at a Hendrix forum I frequent seem to believe he hated them - but there is scattered (and contradictory) evidence both ways, and no real certainty.

Kramer would probably be the best person to ask.

I've never been able to find a good Hendrix forum. Being a West Coast Seattle Boy myself, Hendrix has a special allure for me. Any recommendations on places to chat about Jimi?

I've never been able to find a good Hendrix forum. Being a West Coast Seattle Boy myself, Hendrix has a special allure for me. Any recommendations on places to chat about Jimi?

If you aren't already there, Crosstown Torrents. Some of the people can be a bit crabby - quite a few seem to hate Zeppelin - but, overall, it's easily the best of the bunch.

Just a heads' up, I wanted you guys to be the first to know that I have an interview lined up with Shel Talmy the Producer of The Who and The Kinks. I am also in talks with the Press agent from the Yardbirds to try and interview Chris Dreja and Jim McCarty, however to do that, I have to arrange for it to be published by a more traditional form of media as well as my blog.

http://findingzoso.b...die-kramer.html

Enjoyed that so big thanks

Just a heads' up, I wanted you guys to be the first to know that I have an interview lined up with Shel Talmy the Producer of The Who and The Kinks. I am also in talks with the Press agent from the Yardbirds to try and interview Chris Dreja and Jim McCarty, however to do that, I have to arrange for it to be published by a more traditional form of media as well as my blog.

Cool! If you land Dreja and McCarty, be sure to ask some very heavy questions. Lol.

Archived