Super Bowl 2012 New Orleans

Ludwig_Paiste

Back in 2010, The Who played at the Super Bowl in Miami.

It was the best Super Bowl halftime show I have ever seen. It was not the real Who, but pretty close.

I am wondering if Zeppelin should play at the 2013 Super Bowl in New Orleans, Louisiana. New Orleans was one of their favorite cities in the world and I think it may be appropriate. It was also where the band were to due their last U.S. show, which was unfortunately and sadly cancelled as would be expected and appropriate.

Jimmy was fabulous in China! It might be a way for them to at least perform a few songs together and take it from there.

I think they'd be much more likely to regroup for a charitable cause than they ever would be for a multi-media commercial clusterfuck such as the Super Bore. The chances are greater that they'd play a backyard barbecue at Diamond Dave's place.

The only plausible choices for this are Van Halen and ZZ Topp. I would think the embarrassment of Janet Jackson, and more recently, Black Guys Pee, would exclude any performers who rely on stupid stunts instead of musicianship.

New Orleans is a great city...with a great, rich musical heritage.

I just saw the Neville Brothers as their Farewell Tour swung through the Hollywood Bowl recently, and they put on a helluva show, along with Trombone Shorty, who both opened and played with the Neville Bros, and nearly stole the show!

What a way for the Neville Bros. to cap off their legendary career by performing at the Super Bowl in New Orleans. Throw in Trombone Shorty and Dr. John(whose new record is one of the great albums of the year) and you've got yourself a great gumbo of a Super Bowl halftime show, New Orleans-style.

Of course, that would be too cool and credible, musically-speaking, for the NFL morons to wrap their heads around, so we'll probably get some bullshit like Nikki Minaj or Big & Rich or Aerosmith...or a mishmash of all three.

New Orleans is a great city...with a great, rich musical heritage.

I just saw the Neville Brothers as their Farewell Tour swung through the Hollywood Bowl recently, and they put on a helluva show, along with Trombone Shorty, who both opened and played with the Neville Bros, and nearly stole the show!

What a way for the Neville Bros. to cap off their legendary career by performing at the Super Bowl in New Orleans. Throw in Trombone Shorty and Dr. John(whose new record is one of the great albums of the year) and you've got yourself a great gumbo of a Super Bowl halftime show, New Orleans-style.

Of course, that would be too cool and credible, musically-speaking, for the NFL morons to wrap their heads around, so we'll probably get some bullshit like Nikki Minaj or Big & Rich or Aerosmith...or a mishmash of all three.

Sensible post per usual.

I would lean toward a Harry Connick halftime show with no choreographed dancers on the turf.

I'm with you , expect some bullshite.

Only if he arrives in his Trans Am and commences to do doughnuts on the 50 yard line with "I Can't Drive 55" blasting away on his 8-track (you just know he's got one).

This has mini series potential.

Damn, I had no idea they were hanging it up. I saw them at Woodstock '94 so I feel fortunate that I ever saw them at all but I would have loved to have seem them in a more intimate setting.

Which is why I've never really given a shit about who's playing the Super Bore or why it's such a big deal to some people. Then again, I'm not a football fan so it's not like it's something I'd tune in to see anyway.

The Neville brothers would be alright, but how about (what's left of) The Isley Brothers? Ernie Isley was taught by Hendrix, when he was a member of their group. I think both players and fans would love it. Jahfin would, too - just he wouldn't admit it...

The Neville brothers would be alright, but how about (what's left of) The Isley Brothers? Ernie Isley was taught by Hendrix, when he was a member of their group. I think both players and fans would love it. Jahfin would, too - just he wouldn't admit it...

Can't say I'm much of a fan of the Isley Brothers but I have really been enjoying the West Coast Seattle Boy box set that's loaded with a lot of Hendrix' early session work. If they were to play during the halftime ceremonies at the Super Bore that wouldn't be enough to get me to tune in. The Nevilles? Most definitely.

Archived