guess where the movie quote comes from

the chase

The Invisible Man....( i had to look that one up, now i have got to watch that movie again after see a bunch of other great quotes)

Col. Hans Landa: Now if one were to determine what attribute the German people share with a beast, it would be the cunning and the predatory instinct of a hawk. But if one were to determine what attributes the Jews share with a beast, it would be that of the rat. If a rat were to walk in here right now as I'm talking, would you treat it to a saucer of your delicious milk?

Perrier LaPadite: Probably not.

Col. Hans Landa: I didn't think so. You don't like them. You don't really know why you don't like them. All you know is you find them repulsive. Consequently, a German soldier conducts a search of a house suspected of hiding Jews. Where does the hawk look? He looks in the barn, he looks in the attic, he looks in the cellar, he looks everywhere *he* would hide, but there's so many places it would never occur to a hawk to hide. However, the reason the Führer's brought me off my Alps in Austria and placed me in French cow country today is because it does occur to me. Because I'm aware what tremendous feats human beings are capable of once they abandon dignity.

The Invisible Man....( i had to look that one up, now i have got to watch that movie again after see a bunch of other great quotes)

Col. Hans Landa: Now if one were to determine what attribute the German people share with a beast, it would be the cunning and the predatory instinct of a hawk. But if one were to determine what attributes the Jews share with a beast, it would be that of the rat. If a rat were to walk in here right now as I'm talking, would you treat it to a saucer of your delicious milk?

Perrier LaPadite: Probably not.

Col. Hans Landa: I didn't think so. You don't like them. You don't really know why you don't like them. All you know is you find them repulsive. Consequently, a German soldier conducts a search of a house suspected of hiding Jews. Where does the hawk look? He looks in the barn, he looks in the attic, he looks in the cellar, he looks everywhere *he* would hide, but there's so many places it would never occur to a hawk to hide. However, the reason the Führer's brought me off my Alps in Austria and placed me in French cow country today is because it does occur to me. Because I'm aware what tremendous feats human beings are capable of once they abandon dignity.

Inglorious Basterds.

Ken: You from the States?

Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.

Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.

In Bruges

"Politics, man. If you're hanging onto a rising balloon, you're presented with a difficult decision...let go before it's too late or hang on and keep getting higher, posing the question: how long can you keep a grip on the rope? They're selling hippie wigs in Woolworths, man. The greatest decade in the history of mankind is over. And as Presuming Ed here has so consistently pointed out, we have failed to paint it black."

No.

Now you've thrown this out of synch again.

Why can't people abide by a simple principle without arseing around? Idiots.

Sorry about that... As the thread title suggests, I thought the principle was to guess. Carry on.

No.

Now you've thrown this out of synch again.

Why can't people abide by a simple principle without arseing around? Idiots.

"You take a look at that river out there and you think of how its going to feel with those crabs and eels swimmin out of your fucking eye balls. The contract is already done. The guys, the guns. The line pit's been dug. And from in here. One button I push."

The Devil Is A Woman

"That woman has ice where other's have a heart."

Darling

"It should be so easy to be happy."

Farenheit 451

"Linda, you're absolutely fantastic!"

North By Northwest

"Roger, you didn't steal Laura's mercedes?!"

Archived