Los Angeles, CA- The Forum- June 25, 1972

DavidZoso

This is one of the best shows from 1972 and one of the best in Led Zeppelin's career. Jimmy Page knows that they play to the best of their abilities when they perform in California, so of course he had this show and the next one in Long Beach professionally recorded. It would be 31 years before material from this and the Long Beach show were used to make the cd 'How the West was Won.' Before that it was a famous bootleg called 'Burn that Candle.'

They are playing some new songs from the recently recorded House of the Holy. Over the Hills and Far Away, The Ocean, and Dancing Days being the ones played. It is harder to do these earlier shows in the form of a photo setlist so I basically put the photos where I think they should go and label the pics with songs if I know for sure. I am dedicating this photo thread to my friend Jaycee.

Setlist:

Drone ~ Immigrant Song

Heartbreaker

Over the Hills and Far Away

Black Dog

Since I've Been Loving You

Stairway to Heaven

Going to California

That's the Way

Tangerine

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Dazed and Confused (incl. Walter's Walk, The Crunge)

What Is and What Should Never Be

Dancing Days

Moby Dick

Whole Lotta Love (medley incl. Let That Boy Boogie, Let's Have a Party, Hello Mary Lou, Heartbreak Hotel, Going Down Slow)

Encores:

Rock and Roll

The Ocean

Louie Louie ~ Organ solo ~ Thank You

Communication Breakdown

Bring It On Home.

billboard_LA1972.jpg

74280525.jpg

2203t.jpg

2204b.jpg

74280893.jpg

900iw.jpg

Possibly Heartbreaker

74280847.jpg

1893v.jpg

74280726.jpg

Thank You

74280867.jpg

74280891.jpg

74280531.jpg

74280532.jpg

74280765.jpg

There were some other pics I thought were Los Angeles because the recording mics were over the drums and everyone was wearing the same thing except John Paul Jones's shirt is different and Bonzo is wearing a dark colored muscle shirt. So I am not sure where these are from -maybe Long Beach the next show where they recorded what would become more material used for 'How the West was Won'

here is a couple of those pics.

74280776.jpg

74280753.jpg

• 10 months later...

Archived