Jimmy and his management

Please come on to the face of this forum to explain why she left. There are those on here who say that knebby was herself banned from this site a number of years ago - for good reason.

Alive and well but she quit this forum last June with good reason.

Jimmy's had a few different managers thru the years. No big deal.

Please come on to the face of this forum to explain why she left. There are those on here who say that knebby was herself banned from this site a number of years ago - for good reason.

Suffice to say it was an egregious breach of personal privacy made here by - in her words - "low life jerks on this site". Although I know for certain she did receive a three day suspension from the forum in 2008, to my knowledge she's never been banned. Regardless, her decision to leave, though very unfortunate, is completely understandable.

Suffice to say it was an egregious breach of personal privacy made here by - in her words - "low life jerks on this site". Although I know for certain she did receive a three day suspension from the forum in 2008, to my knowledge she's never been banned. Regardless, her decision to leave, though very unfortunate, is completely understandable.

She is not banned and many bad things happened behind the scenes to her.Her knowledge will be missed.

"low life jerks"? Kinda like one that has resurfaced, again?

However, I know you would not have wanted the 3-day suspension information posted by another member, SAJ - surprised to see you posting that.

Her knowledge and overall good-hearted nature is sorely missed around here and the "losers" who did what they did to personal aspects of her life are just that and surely have a sad existence, otherwise they would carry on the way they do time and time again.

"low life jerks"? Kinda like one that has resurfaced, again?

However, I know you would not have wanted the 3-day suspension information posted by another member, SAJ - surprised to see you posting that.

Her knowledge and overall good-hearted nature is sorely missed around here and the "losers" who did what they did to personal aspects of her life are just that and surely have a sad existence, otherwise they would carry on the way they do time and time again.

Not that Steve needs any defense from me, but I do recall Knebby stating she had been banned before. Although I was thinking it was from the previous site, of which I was unfamiliar.

What toasts me, is that a person, or persons posted personal info on a member not related to the purpose of this forum.

Knebby was/is an incredible source of information regarding Robert and the rest of the members.

When it was cool for the light to turn green, Knebby would graciously post info on this public forum or through pm's.

Who knows what "behind the scenes" and latest news we've missed? I don't know the perps who fucked up our most direct link to the latest goings on, but I sure miss her updates and occasionial sparring with the doubters.

And, I agree with SteveAJones, that Knebby's decision to leave was completely understandable.

Agree with you jabe, and if she did state that herself I will step down on that comment also. I never had seen that said, publicly, before.

She is sorely missed on multiple levels.

So, back to Jimmy's management....

although he has changed management in the past, they serve a purpose so if you aren't being an active musician and are just sorting out remasters, releases etc, why have management? surely all you need is a lawyer? i'm sure Jimmy learnt all there is to know from Peter Grant ;)

Agree with you entirely on this. However, Cookie has been reporting today over at LedZepNews "We’ve heard that Jimmy Page has commissioned a seamstress and tailor to work on an “exciting project".

I can't begin to think what the "exciting project" could be, but if it requires new outfits, well.....

although he has changed management in the past, they serve a purpose so if you aren't being an active musician and are just sorting out remasters, releases etc, why have management? surely all you need is a lawyer? i'm sure Jimmy learnt all there is to know from Peter Grant ;)

• 1 year later...

"PM: Here’s mine, or at least one of my favorite stories of the last 10 years. The backstory on [the live DVD and album from Led Zeppelin’s 2007 concert] Celebration Day is that it wasn't coming out on DVD because [the Zeppelin members] were fighting internally. Jimmy [whom Q Prime had previously managed] called me up and asked me to come back to solve the problems."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7290324/q-prime-cliff-burnstein-peter-mensch-managing-metallica-33-years

7 hours ago, mstork said:

What exactly would make Mensch fire Page?  Too high maintenance?  Not enough drive?

I have no idea? But as the interview reads it sounds like a tit for tat thing to me.

I can't decide if a book about Jimmy from 2000 to the present day would be ridiculously boring or completely fascinating.

flip-coin_5.jpg.1d7741e8a9adac4db1d3992b

:) 

9 hours ago, mstork said:

What exactly would make Mensch fire Page?  Too high maintenance?  Not enough drive?

I can't decide if a book about Jimmy from 2000 to the present day would be ridiculously boring or completely fascinating.

I could ask Knebby......should I ?

5 minutes ago, reswati said:

I could ask Knebby......should I ?

Yes, you should.  This guy sounds like he is really very full of himself.  HE fired Page, HE was the one who was able to get Celebration Day released, HE was the brains behind the remasters.... :rolleyes: 

On 3/31/2016 at 7:37 PM, Walter said:

Yes, you should.  This guy sounds like he is really very full of himself.  HE fired Page, HE was the one who was able to get Celebration Day released, HE was the brains behind the remasters.... :rolleyes: 

IMO here's all anyone needs to know about Mr. Mensch:  When asked what new projects Jimmy Page was going to be involved with in 2009, Mensch said, "Fuck if I know. I'm waiting to hear."
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/led-zeppelin-are-over-says-jimmy-pages-manager-190946

On 3/30/2016 at 11:00 AM, mstork said:

Oh, I think a good biography about Page from 2000 to the present day would be very interesting.  Let's see, he got sober, he became a stay-at-home dad, and he finally got his surviving band mates to commit to a full-length Led Zeppelin concert.  Throw in his work on How The West Was Won and the latest box sets,  the Dazed And Confused lawsuit and his take on the infighting that delayed the release of the O2 concert video.  What did you do to get into playing shape for the O2 concert and how long did it take you? How does an elderly and seemingly retired rock icon spend his days?  What is it like to raise kids when you're old enough to be their grandfather?  Would you ever consider writing a book about  your earliest years as a professional musician; the period from 1960-1968

14 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Oh, I think a good biography about Page from 2000 to the present day would be very interesting.  Let's see, he got sober, he became a stay-at-home dad, and he finally got his surviving band mates to commit to a full-length Led Zeppelin concert.  Throw in his work on How The West Was Won and the latest box sets,  the Dazed And Confused lawsuit and his take on the infighting that delayed the release of the O2 concert video.  What did you do to get into playing shape for the O2 concert and how long did it take you? How does an elderly and seemingly retired rock icon spend his days?  What is it like to raise kids when you're old enough to be their grandfather?  Would you ever consider writing a book about  your earliest years as a professional musician; the period from 1960-1968

That tribute to Ahmet was actually RP's idea...

Archived