Romney VP loves his LZ

sarapage

• 2 weeks later...

I fondly remember the McCain/Palin finale at the 2008 RNC convention, with the playing of Heart's "Barracuda".

I wonder what high energy (Zep) song they will play for this year's RNC finale ? ? ?

Good Times Bad Times

Bring It On Home

The Song Remains The Same

I can suggest some Zep songs to be played for the DNC finale:

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Hots On For Nowhere

Fool In The Rain

I wonder what high energy (Zep) song they will play for this year's RNC finale ? ? ?

Good Times Bad Times

Bring It On Home

The Song Remains The Same

Tonight: How Many More Times would be appropriate....;)

A couple of weeks ago I saw the interview where Paul Ryan said the Zeps were one of his favorite bands. He was then asked, "What is your favorite Led Zeppelin song?"...he said, "Out on the Gallows Pole"....hmmm......

That's interesting to know...Do you know why the hell he found it nessessary to bring the .38 into the White House...?

Rock Historian, Super Dave and Strider, if you guys are still out there and wondering, I'm pretty sure he was bringing it as a gift to give to President Nixon. Elvis loved giving gifts. If I remember correctly, Nixon, of course couldn't accept it and the pistol is now on display at Graceland. Also, it was a Colt 45 not a .38. Just FYI

Charles Manson loved the Beatles so what - Ryan likes rock music big deal doesn't make him worthy of the job of VP. Like henrybonzo said I like Wagner as well doesn't mean I support Hitler

Thank you. Well said. :thumbsup:

Charles Manson loved the Beatles so what - Ryan likes rock music big deal doesn't make him worthy of the job of VP. Like henrybonzo said I like Wagner as well doesn't mean I support Hitler

[sarcasm] Nice subtle comparison of VP candidate Ryan to a murderer and a genocidal fascist dictator. Excellent! :thumbsup: [/sarcasm]

facepalm-gif-tumblr-818.gif

I don't think anyone - including the OP - was trying to make a link or correlation suggesting that Ryan liking Led Zeppelin somehow made him a great guy.

It's just an interesting note, being an LZ board and all.

That would be akin to me now claiming you're comparing Ryan to Charles Manson or Hitler.

Lighten up, snapperhead.

Libs can be so fucking humorless at times.

Rock Historian, Super Dave and Strider, if you guys are still out there and wondering, I'm pretty sure he was bringing it as a gift to give to President Nixon. Elvis loved giving gifts. If I remember correctly, Nixon, of course couldn't accept it and the pistol is now on display at Graceland. Also, it was a Colt 45 not a .38. Just FYI

Thanks for clearing this up with the details. I'm not exactly a gun expert. No experience whatsoever.

• 2 months later...

You and KB are too young to remember, but there was harsh reaction to rock and roll from politicians; mostly Republicans and conservative Democrats.

This should read: but there was harsh reaction to rock and roll from politicians; mostly Southern Democrats.

Nixon would have been aghast at what the Super Bowl halftime show has become.

Lucky for Nixon that he died before Aerosmith and 'N Sync shared the same stage at the super-bowl.

Who wasn't aghast at that experience?

Archived