Soundgarden New CD finally being released

DavidZoso

Soundgarden Set New Album Release Date

www.hennemusic.com

The long-awaited new Soundgarden is on its way this fall. The group's as-yet-untitled reunion album is due for release on November 13.

In the upcoming August 30 issue of Rolling Stone, guitarist Kim Thayil talks about the project, saying "It re-establishes that we still rock, we're still heavy, and we're still a little weird."

Thayil also confirmed that tracks titled "Blood On The Valley Floor" and "A Thousand Days Before" will appear on the record. Speaking about the latter, Thayil described it as "a little Indian thing and some chicken-pickin. We call it 'country and eastern.

• 5 months later...

"King Animal",as most would now know is the name of Soundgarden's latest,and it's like a hard slap in the face from an angry lover! :o:P

It compels you to listen to it's slight middle eastern influences which appear here and there,intertwined with some of the tightest heaviest rock that I've heard in a good long time.The album's like an out-of-control diesel train,once I started playing it I couldn't stop it until the thing had finished it's run.Chris Cornell's vox have an even rougher edge,but he sounds better than ever and Kim Thayil's guitar playing is inspired.

This one goes off bigtime,do yourself a favour!

http://youtu.be/-ErrAMxX-Lo

"King Animal" was given to me by a friend whom I thank.

post-1183-0-87609600-1359505181_thumb.jp

• 5 months later...

I am really appreciating the production on this, they showcase the guitars as stringed instruments. It reminds me of a zeppelin/presence vibe in regards to to studio sound they got and concept/flow of record. The song, a thousnd days before has an electric bluegrass vibe, withsome eastern guitar also. Theres a song with a total roky erickson vibe,called attrition, that was a interesting surprise while listenin to cd. A different record for soundgarden...maybe stepping away from heavy production/sound. Theres alot of variety, while remaining heavy with substance.

Archived