ROBERT PLANT And ALISON KRAUSS European Tour Dates

ROBERT PLANT And ALISON KRAUSS Schedule European Tour Dates

According to NME.com, LED ZEPPELIN frontman Robert Plant and bluegrass star Alison Krauss will embark on a European tour in May 2008 to promote their collaborative CD, "Raising Sand". In addition to the "Raising Sand" material, they'll perform songs from their catalogs — including LED ZEPPELIN's "When the Levee Breaks" and "Black Dog".

Confirmed dates are as follows:

May 05 - Birmingham, UK @ NIA

May 07 - Manchester, UK @ Apollo

May 08 - Cardiff, UK @ International Arena

May 10 - Düsseldorf, GER @ Philipshalle

May 11 - Brussells, BEL @ Forest National Club

May 13 - Paris, FRA @ Le Grand Rex Theatre

May 14 - Amsterdam, NETH @ Heineken Music Hall

May 16 - Stockholm, SWE @ Hovet (Ice Hall)

May 18 - Oslo, NOR @ Spektrum

May 19 - Bergen, NOR @ Bergenshalle

May 22 - London, UK @ Wembley Arena

Tickets go on sale on Friday, December 14 at 9:00 a.m. GMT.

This is exciting news!!

I wonder when the US dates will be released? Hopefully soon so I can start planning....:lol:

June for Tennessee was recently announced for the Bonnaroo Festival. Accommodations may be limited for overnight stay so if anyone has vehicles left over from Woodstock now is the time to have your mechanics check them.

Well no fully blown Zeppelin tour but we knew that a Plant/Krauss tour was already planned so you cant really say its an instead of thing, however as much as I love Raising Sand, I'd rather see Led Zeppelin.

The gigs will still be amazing though and many this is the news we need to get out of the speculation of whether theyll tour or not.

Personally I couldnt see them doing a fully blown tour, more like a few select dates spread over the year in my opinion and this RP/AK tour doesnt cancel that out.

Well no fully blown Zeppelin tour but we knew that a Plant/Krauss tour was already planned so you cant really say its an instead of thing, however as much as I love Raising Sand, I'd rather see Led Zeppelin.

The gigs will still be amazing though and many this is the news we need to get out of the speculation of whether theyll tour or not.

Personally I couldnt see them doing a fully blown tour, more like a few select dates spread over the year in my opinion and this RP/AK tour doesnt cancel that out.

Yeah, I was looking forward to a RP/AK tour but that was before I was lucky enough to attend the gig on Monday and now I want to feel like I did on Monday night, and this tour just won't deliver that feeling.

On the tour itself, I'm disappointed that they are playing arenas. I was expecting smaller more 'intimate' venues, in keeping with album.

What size are these venues? I've wondered whether they will play major arenas or smaller ampitheaters.

For the most part they seat about 8,000-18,000. These are not soccer stadiums or

huge arenas. Moderately-sized venues and in nearly all cases well established so no

worries.

June for Tennessee was recently announced for the Bonnaroo Festival. Accommodations may be limited for overnight stay so if anyone has vehicles left over from Woodstock now is the time to have your mechanics check them.

Well, I won't make it to Bonnaroo so I'll wait for additional US dates...New Orleans may be a possibility but more than likely I'll wait until they come to my home state or Vegas! :D

Personally, I'm disappointed they haven't announced any dates for Ireland. He played Cork a couple of years ago. The album has sold well here and had great reviews too. There has been much talk here over the past week or two about trying to get Led Zeppelin to play Slane next summer (August) so why wont he come here with AK?

I wont be seeing this tour for the main reasons that I personally think that the sound quality at Wembley Arena is terrible and its annoying for me to get to despite its the closest one. I'm disappointed that theyre playing arenas as I dont really feel it fits with the music and would be better at smaller venues, also Robert has said in frequent interviews how much he HATES playing large venues so the venue choice came as a surprise to me.

I have also recently shelled out a lot of money on a new guitar and amp and so I cant really afford it anyway.

I do wish everybody whose seeing them a great time and please could you publish setlists etc on this forum for people not attending.

I wont be seeing this tour for the main reasons that I personally think that the sound quality at Wembley Arena is terrible and its annoying for me to get to despite its the closest one. I'm disappointed that theyre playing arenas as I dont really feel it fits with the music and would be better at smaller venues, also Robert has said in frequent interviews how much he HATES playing large venues so the venue choice came as a surprise to me.

I have also recently shelled out a lot of money on a new guitar and amp and so I cant really afford it anyway.

I do wish everybody whose seeing them a great time and please could you publish setlists etc on this forum for people not attending.

I have to say I agree. What is the diference between not doing P & P or LZ dates in arenas and then playing P & K dates in arenas?

Archived