is that jimmy ?

tazulike88

It is Jimmy. It can be found on the Scopio Ultimate Studio Sessions box set.

According to the info file there are 28 tracks recorded at "Jimmy Page's home studio, somewhere in U.K. '71 or Headley Grange Studios, Hampshire, England Nov. '73"

It is Jimmy. It can be found on the Scopio Ultimate Studio Sessions box set.

According to the info file there are 28 tracks recorded at "Jimmy Page's home studio, somewhere in U.K. '71 or Headley Grange Studios, Hampshire, England Nov. '73"

Okay then...that, along with swandown's confirmation cinches it for me.

But was I ever fooled, for my initial thought was that it was NOT Jimmy Page. Granted, I only could listen to the first few minutes...but the tone sounded so much like those crappy Ovation acoustics he used in the 80s, I thought it had to be an impostor.

Learn something new every day. :yesnod:

So at about 7:50 into the video above, what I really want to know is if this is Jimmy playing the piano. This is from the same Scorpio set, from the same exact "session" as I posted above. Either at Page's house 71 or Headley Grange Studios, Nov. '73. The people on youtube seem to think it is Page...I remain skeptical.

Anybody know if Page was a pianist?

So at about 7:50 into the video above, what I really want to know is if this is Jimmy playing the piano. This is from the same Scorpio set, from the same exact "session" as I posted above. Either at Page's house 71 or Headley Grange Studios, Nov. '73. The people on youtube seem to think it is Page...I remain skeptical.

Did he play some keyboard work on Death Wish?

He was known to fool around on piano but the piece on this bootleg sounds too professional to be Jimmy. I suspect that it might be an outtake from the "Death Wish 2" sessions in 1981 (which featured Dave Lawson and David Whittaker on piano).

About that piece of piano, I have an outtake (don't know if it belongs to the same bootleg of the video) in which this piece is after other guitar tune that is pretty similar in its progression, so if the guitar one does belong to Jimmy, the other one may belong to him as well. What's more, I know I've seen certain photo in which Jimmy is playing a keyboard, as well as some photos from Plumpton Home Studio in which a keyboard can be seen, so I wouldn't deny it is his composition

Archived