Led Zeppelin is our God! Yes or no?

Victor Dictor

Well, of course it’s not a Christian religion. But it’s not Anti-Christian, either. It’s just different. But make no mistake: there is no sin in love. I don’t talk about Robert in real live. I talk about Robert in his songs.

It is anti-Christian if there is more than one God and you devote yourself to multiple beings.

I love the way whenever any mentions anything even remotely related to religion, God or spirituality in any way an atheist has to show up and tell everyone how religious people are brainwashed and want to kill everyone as though we haven't heard it a million times before and as though it serves to accomplish anything other than to make the atheist look obnoxious.

Yeah I hate the way atheists are allowed to express their values and opinions in exactly the same way as Christians. I hate equality and freedom of speech too.

Hey hey, Z-o-S-o, I hope you are not going to burn anybody here. Please don’t do it.

I want to tell you guys that the core concept of Hypertemle is aimed clearly against any aggression or violence. If you think that my purpose was to mock Christianity, please think again. Christian religion has always been an indispensable source of ideas, images and words.

I’d like to give you some basic ideas of the Newest Theurgy, taken from the works of Derek Willner.

Sometimes we can meet Living Gods on Earth. They are just incarnations of the Supreme Being. That is the most used term in the most religions. You can call Him the Lord above, or the One, or give Him some other name – it doesn’t matter. So, these Living Gods look like people, but they are different. You can call them Avatars, but the meaning of this word is also unclear. They have something in common: they are all poets. We call them religious teachers, but they are poets in essence. If you believe in one of them – he is your God. Poetry is the most usual miracle in everyday live. It is our connection with the Supreme Being, and with the old times. Almost all the ancient Gods were singers. Certainly, we all remember The Song of songs. Music, actually, is the highest degree of Poetry. Holy Bible was written with verses, as you know. Of course, Jesus was a poet, and so was Buddha, and many others, you name them. So far, there is nothing new, you could find it here and there.

But look, we can apply this teaching to our favorite poet or singer. Oh, be careful – he should look like God, sing like God, and so on... You know what I am talking about...

Four Avatars, completely different, but completely perfect, each in his own way, should meet one day, in one place, find each other...

Isn’t it a miracle?

I am not afraid if he wants to burn anyone for being a Christian...(but that is beside the point) do you believe this? It is an interesting idea, I always like to explore what different people around the world use for their philosophy. Are you saying you are a polytheist? How many people (approximately) actually have this idea?

After about 2000 years of repression it is now your time to burn, dear Christians. Be glad you are only bullied on the internet though instead of being burned to death.

Tell that to the 7 Million Christians slaughtered by the Nazis... yes Christians.

While you're at it tell the 1 million plus Armenian Christians murdered by the Turks.

My Wife's Grandparents had to flee Turkey because they were Greek Orthodox Christians.

They had to leave everything they owned behind.

Do your homework before you make such broad sterotypical racist statements.

You can't paint any group of people with one brush.

I don't agree with Victor Dictor at all. But at least he's been respectful.

Edited by the chase

One question about the "7 Million Christians slaughtered by Nazis". I don't want to sound ignorant but I have no clue what you're talking about.

I'd also like to know when Christianity became a race, or where you learned the definition of rascist.

My last and most important question is: So if Christians have suffered as well as other people, how does that make their own crimes less evil?

One question about the "7 Million Christians slaughtered by Nazis". I don't want to sound ignorant but I have no clue what you're talking about.

I'd also like to know when Christianity became a race, or where you learned the definition of rascist.

My last and most important question is: So if Christians have suffered as well as other people, how does that make their own crimes less evil?

Look it up.

3 milllion Polish Christians were slaughtered by the Nazis, plus another 4 million.

When you lump a group together by their Nationality or Religion, ie "Christians" and assume we all think and do the same things, you are being racist... or at least extremely ignorant.

Sorry. I missed replying to your last point.. I never said Christian crimes were less evil.. far from it.

There's good and bad everywhere... in all walks of life.

There have been horrible things done in the name of Christ.. Those matyrs completely missed the boat and didn't follow His teachings at all..

Your "time to burn Christians" comment was uncalled for.

Edited by the chase

I don't really buy the first answer.

I tend to disagree with the second, mainly because of this:

rac·ism (rszm)

n.

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

You didn't answer my most important one so I won't bother you with it.

And I would like to apologise for the wording of my first post: I dislike Christianity, not individual Christians.

Edit: I saw you replied to the last one now, was to eager-typing to wait for your edit.

Edited by Z-o-S-o

I don't really buy the first answer.

I tend to disagree with the second, mainly because of this:

rac·ism (rszm)

n.

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

You didn't answer my most important one so I won't bother you with it.

And I would like to apologise for the wording of my first post: I dislike Christianity, not individual Christians.

Thank you Z-o-S-o for clarifying..

re read my post.

I realized I didn't answer your last and I agree most important question.

I did answer after.

And let's not forget that the biggest mass murderer of all is God himself, killing the entire population of the Earth (minus two) once.

Ok sorry, shouldn't have said this but I just couldn't help.

Anyway, I don't want to offense anyone and let's all live in peace and harmony.

let's all live in peace and harmony.

Thank you, Z-o-S-o, for apologizing. I think it was important. Now, I just want to repeat after you:

Let's all live in peace and harmony.

And I mean it. Because we have very much in common: Led Zeppelin Music.

Yeah, I’m sure people are nice, generally speaking. No burnings, no blood drinking, no human sacrifices please!

It is an interesting idea, I always like to explore what different people around the world use for their philosophy. Are you saying you are a polytheist? How many people (approximately) actually have this idea?

Victoria, Willner’s works have been known for more than 100 years, but mostly in esoteric societies. Now we want to make an exoteric version – that is, for everybody. Led Zeppelin is the perfect object for the Theurgy, I am sure! We are only a dozen of people, as for now. But you can join in anytime, if you are interested. There will be a place for Christians, for any other religion, for atheists as well. Because Led Zeppelin is for everybody – let’s make it high and mighty!

Victoria, Willner’s works have been known for more than 100 years, but mostly in esoteric societies. Now we want to make an exoteric version – that is, for everybody. Led Zeppelin is the perfect object for the Theurgy, I am sure! We are only a dozen of people, as for now. But you can join in anytime, if you are interested. There will be a place for Christians, for any other religion, for atheists as well. Because Led Zeppelin is for everybody – let’s make it high and mighty!

That is very interesting, I have never heard of it before. Thank you for the information, but I am not looking to join this. This is why Christianity is not "compatible" with this: we are monotheists, everything that is on earth now will pass away, and not everyone who creates "timeless poetry" are gods.

not everyone who creates "timeless poetry" are gods.

Then why do you call it “timeless”? Is it just ironically? Or is it really timeless, in some sense? Why don’t you call it “limited”? “Limited poetry and music of Led Zeppelin” – how does it sound for you? I thought, on the contrary, that Christians have a good sense of eternity.

Are you saying you are a polytheist?

I’m trying to look enigmatic, with my elongated face on this elaborated Avatar. When I speak with Christian, just like you, I try to seem monotheist. I tell them about my believe in The Supreme Being. Earthly Gods are just incarnations of The One. But when speaking to poets, I admit sometimes that this Supreme Being may turn out to be just symbolic. And then, if I have a chance to speak to Jimmy Page, I will tell him that artistic Theurgy is well above practical Magic, and... yes, Magik. This is the opinion I got from Willner’s works, and he shared it with other prominent thinkers. This subject was very popular in esoteric societies in the beginning of the last century. But I suppose it could be interesting today. Did you read the book “Led Zeppelin and Philosophy”? Reading this book, you can easily get the impression that all Zeppelins are only modest and earnest pupils of Mr Crowley. But it’s completely wrong!..

Zeppelin flies much higher...

Then why do you call it “timeless”? Is it just ironically? Or is it really timeless, in some sense? Why don’t you call it “limited”? “Limited poetry and music of Led Zeppelin” – how does it sound for you? I thought, on the contrary, that Christians have a good sense of eternity.

When I say timeless I think of it as a figure of speech. It isn't eternal, but for the time it seems like it. Kind of like young people feel like they will live forever but their time will come.

I’m trying to look enigmatic, with my elongated face on this elaborated Avatar. When I speak with Christian, just like you, I try to seem monotheist. I tell them about my believe in The Supreme Being. Earthly Gods are just incarnations of The One. But when speaking to poets, I admit sometimes that this Supreme Being may turn out to be just symbolic. And then, if I have a chance to speak to Jimmy Page, I will tell him that artistic Theurgy is well above practical Magic, and... yes, Magik. This is the opinion I got from Willner’s works, and he shared it with other prominent thinkers. This subject was very popular in esoteric societies in the beginning of the last century. But I suppose it could be interesting today. Did you read the book “Led Zeppelin and Philosophy”? Reading this book, you can easily get the impression that all Zeppelins are only modest and earnest pupils of Mr Crowley. But it’s completely wrong!..

Zeppelin flies much higher...

That is a strange stance to take on religion. When people ask me (or don't ask) about my religion I tell them, anyone, that there is only one God. If you believe that people that create fantastic work that has lasted and will last than there are many more "gods." In this view, Homer, Herodotus, and even Dorsey could be considered gods. Their is a flaw in this belief that any man can be gods.

Vicky, you didn’t follow me! ( May I call you Vicky?) I talked about poets! Of course, Homer was a God! He had temples, cult statues and all this stuff. Every poet lives on, until we can find people who love him. That’s the only reason why Jesus is still alive – because You love Him.

As for scientists – it doesn’t work. You will laugh again, but there were serious attempts to create new religion out of science, and great scientists should have been considered Gods. It failed. People don’t love them. They just respect them, but that’s not enough.

That’s why I talk about Led Zeppelin. I want them to live forever, and people to love them – for a long time, been a long time,

Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time.

Vicky, you didn’t follow me! ( May I call you Vicky?) I talked about poets! Of course, Homer was a God! He had temples, cult statues and all this stuff. Every poet lives on, until we can find people who love him. That’s the only reason why Jesus is still alive – because You love Him.

As for scientists – it doesn’t work. You will laugh again, but there were serious attempts to create new religion out of science, and great scientists should have been considered Gods. It failed. People don’t love them. They just respect them, but that’s not enough.

That’s why I talk about Led Zeppelin. I want them to live forever, and people to love them – for a long time, been a long time,

Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time.

Sure, you can call me Vicky. I now understand what you are saying. They have created a science out of religion though, it's called evolution. There are so many flaws with it, it is so easy to point out the defects with it from the beginning! I don't understand why that is still going on...sorry for the ramble.

You see, Hypertemple doesn’t depend on the idea of evolution or creation. It’s for everybody: for those who believe in evolution and for their opponents, who stand for creation. We need to believe in God for several reasons. Let’s assume that atheist doesn’t need the idea of God for explaining cosmogony. But still he has to feel God’s Presence in Nature. Also, he should feel Led Zeppelin’s Presence. I’m sure you know Storm Thorgerson’s words about Black Obelisk on Presence album cover:

«Perhaps it was a cosmic battery, or a spiritual relic or alien artifact, exposure to which

seemed essential - it filled your life, it sustained you, it bathed you in mysterious

emanations. It was vital for growing infants, for education, useful to science and financial

institutions, handy for both leisure and sport, indispensable even to romance. It was

central to everyday existence - utilitarian, religious and addictive. So powerful that back

in those days everyone had one, so powerful that nowadays one didn't need one any

longer, so pervasive that the memory alone would suffice, so powerful that it didn't

actually need to be there, no depth cues nor shadows cast by the object, more a hole than

a thing, an absence rather than a presence. So powerful that the mere suggestion was

enough, like a secretly whispered word, like a radical idea or a desert wind, substantial

but not needing substance, just like the band, their music and their reputation.”

It’s just one of the many examples of religious devotion to Led Zeppelin. Brilliant text! It sounds like a Credo for the new religion.

I’d like to comment also on this one:

When Robert said “I am a Golden God”, what did he mean?

I think he may have said that after he :smileyquote: powdered his nose ??

I don’t think it’s a strong point.

The same way we can assume that he powdered his nose while writing his lyrics or music – so what? What should we do about it? Discard all his songs?

Anyway, anything can happen in psychedelic rock…

Robert Plant is Golden God, guys, there’s no doubt about it.

Don’t be afraid that it may offend any other God.

‘Cos we are all in the same boat.