Led Zeppelin is our God! Yes or no?

Victor Dictor

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;"

God is gonna screw over your children if you worship Zep.

I don't consider them literally to be "Gods", but Gods in a sense of how awesome they are. I would never literally worship any of them, there is not need. I do worship their music, c'mon, like no one has every lit candles in a circle and put your iPod or whatever in the middle and proceed to blast their music as loud as they can. lol

I would never literally worship any of them, there is not need. I do worship their music

That’s right, ZeppMan!

I do not worship Robert in his real, private life.

But I do worship Him who has written His songs.

That is, I worship Poet in the moment of Divine Inspiration.

Yep, yep. It is offensive to Christianity, I am pretty sure I heard all I need in order to deduct that this is a foolish religion.

Vicky, there is not any formal evidence that your God is real and mine is not. That means, we have to be tolerant and respectful to each other’s religions.

God is gonna screw over your children if you worship Zep.

There is no evidence also that their God is more powerful than mine.

Yeah I hate the way atheists are allowed to express their values and opinions in exactly the same way as Christians. I hate equality and freedom of speech too.

Nice try but you know that's not what I said. I'm not saying anything about atheists using their free speech, I'm saying something about them using it in a stupid way by trying to change the subject to put people down for using their free speech in a way the atheist does not agree with by exercising or believing in anything spiritual.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice try but you know that's not what I said. I'm not saying anything about atheists using their free speech, I'm saying something about them using it in a stupid way by trying to change the subject to put people down for using their free speech in a way the atheist does not agree with by exercising or believing in anything spiritual.

I think the problem is not with us, atheists or Christians, the problem lies within the Christian religion itself. As an adept of the new, tolerant religion, I should not make any objections to the Christian faith, the greatest of them all. But as a private person, I’d like to point out just one thing about one contradiction in Christianity: Jesus is usually associated with modest life and humility. But He wants to be the one and only God, forever and ever. I wouldn’t call it very modest. And that’s the root of many, many conflicts, including those in this thread. I am very sorry about it, conflicts weren’t my purpose. That’s not what I meant, I repeat it.

Now let’s take a look at Hinduism, just for a change. There are a lot of different Gods: some of them are incarnations of the One, some others are independent. Also, there are eternal Gods in Heaven and Living Gods on Earth, and each one is special, in some way. Like it or not, but there are no blasphemy, no heresy, no apostasy… and no religious wars, so-called Holy Wars, which we have in abundance, even here, in musical community.

Now look at Hypertemple, as I see it. You can worship Eric Clapton, or Jimi Hendrix, or even W.-A. Mozart – that’s OK with me. But I worship only one God – that’s my choice. Of course you know His name – it’s Zep. I like it, it sounds like Zeus, but better. The God with four faces, and we love them all.

The only thing – I’m not Hindu. But I hope you don’t have to be Hindu to be Zep fan.

I’d like to point out just one thing about one contradiction in Christianity: Jesus is usually associated with modest life and humility. But He wants to be the one and only God, forever and ever. I wouldn’t call it very modest.

In Christian theology Jesus is God. He does not desire to be so, he is. His life is associated with modesty and humility because although he was God he took on the role of an ordinary man and died to redeem mankind. So that is not a contradiction.

• 2 weeks later...

My interaction with LZ has brought me nothing but happiness.

My interaction with people claiming to be Christians has brought me nothing but misery.

i never talk about my faith...but will say that those "Christians" that spread misery are not really practicing charity or tolerance...thats the problem ...Christianity has now become associated with televangelists , crowned royal-like Popes,$, and lots of sexual abuse lately...to me those people have very little to do with what Jesus is alleged to have said whether u believe he was just a Jewish teacher or divine...but I gave up discussions about this in depth a long time ago...people just get angry and honestly I dont care if someone is atheist, Christian, Jewish, Thelemite...it's who they show themselves to be in character that matters...LZ-not "gods" except maybe compared to other artists. I respect Jimmy's inteest in thelema but probably am closer to Robert in what I believe from some of his statements after Karac and Bonzo's deaths....

• 3 weeks later...

Ladies and gentlemen, let's ask ourselves: what was so special in the air in the Seventies?

I mean, why were there so many extraordinary musicians, great bands on stage?

My answer is: because fans worshipped them.

That simple.

Today we have a lot of good musicians, they play very well, no question about it – but they are not divine somehow. They just do their job.

Something is lost.

I am sure we can bring the balance back. All we need to do is worship great songs and their creators.

Bring it back!

Bring it back!

Zeppelin = Great

God = Great

Zeppelin = God

Silly, I know. But so's the topic, so that's okay.

The same thing was said about Eric Clapton - and he was absolutely mortified. I personally do not believe in god, but I do know that Led Zeppelin existed from 1968-1980. Also they are worshipped by many but they are by no means gods.

The same thing was said about Eric Clapton - and he was absolutely mortified. I personally do not believe in god, but I do know that Led Zeppelin existed from 1968-1980. Also they are worshipped by many but they are by no means gods.

Actually Joe EC was comfortable with being called God. He wrote a song about it..."Presence of the Lord"...all about himself, not the god some might tink he's singing about.

Actually Joe EC was comfortable with being called God. He wrote a song about it..."Presence of the Lord"...all about himself, not the god some might tink he's singing about.

Yes, it may be that this song is about himself, but I don’t see anything wrong about it. Every genius, when he is writing a great song, is in the Presence of the Lord. That’s the main idea of the musical religion. It’s one of my favorite songs, by the way, it always gives me inspiration and goose pimples. Have you heard the live version of 2008, with Steve Winwood again? It was just awesome! If the song has lived for 40 years, there are good chances that it will live forever.

So, while we are building here Led Zeppelin Hypertemple, it’s OK if someone else is building Eric Clapton Hypertemple in some place nearby. It’s like two congregations in the same church, or rather – should we call them different congas in the Temple? As I said, there is enough space in Hypertemple for every great musician. But I am sure, we Zep fans will always have advantage. Because we have our Holy Trinity - Percy, Pagey, Jonesy. Also, we have our Sky Father and His Son on Earth – meaning Bonzo and Jason, of course. I don’t want to hurt anybody’s religious feelings, but anyway… We are here on Zep site, not on a Christian one…

I do know that Led Zeppelin existed from 1968-1980.

No, you are wrong.

LED ZEPPELIN is FOREVER!!!

• 1 year later...

I want to say that I am very grateful to all of you who took part in this discussion. Thanks to you, I’ve found a lot of wonderful people who like the idea of Rock Religion. Now we have a small but very friendly esoteric society, where we worship Zep Almighty, our God. If you want to join us – you are welcome, anytime.