18 Michigan

19 UCLA

20 Louisville

21 Michigan State

22 Arizona

23 Mississippi State

24 Boise State

25 Nebraska

Turns out it wasn't such a bad thing that I had to work tonight after all...saved me the agony of watching USC lose to Stanford and blow any chance they had of playing in the National Championship.

Not to mention the Angels losing again.

Sorry about your VA teams, Virginia.

Thanks; sorry about yours too; hope this weekend is better all around. UVa is at TCU and VT plays Bowling Green at home.

I wouldn't count USC out of the title hunt just yet. Granted, they have to ply through that PAC-12 gauntlet, but LSU and Bama have to contend with getting through the SEC unscathed! And if a team has to lose a game, best to be in the beginning of the season where they can bounce back!

I wouldn't count USC out of the title hunt just yet. Granted, they have to ply through that PAC-12 gauntlet, but LSU and Bama have to contend with getting through the SEC unscathed! And if a team has to lose a game, best to be in the beginning of the season where they can bounce back!

I like how you look at the silver lining. :)

LMAO....if you only knew how much of a pessimist I am!

However, with college football, I've been watching for over 35 years and I've seen crazier stuff happen! USC has a tough schedule with the PAc-12, but they also have the tools to get back into the title game - especially if they can beat an undefeated Oregon and Notre Dame at home!

Besides, they have the hottest cheerleaders in college football - they should get extra BCS points just for that!

Looks like Florida State is back...and with a light schedule the rest of the season, look liie a contender. Oklahoma...ummmm....not so much...AGAIN! Gotta give the Domers props for an excellent start to the season, and they should get bonus points for their schedule. LSU looked vulnerable, the Oregon schools looked like contenders and congrats to teh lowly Colorado Beefaloes for finally winning a game. Enjoy it while you can!

Some key games this weekend (29 Sept):

Baylor at W. Virginia

NC State at Miami (Fla)

Ohio State at Michigan State

Ohio at Mass.

UCLA at Colorado

Texas at Okl State

Wisconsin at Nebraska

Oregon State at Arizona

Oregon at Washington State

SI has as their upset special: Virginia Tech at Cinncy!

If anyone has CBS Sports Network, check out the Lousiville @ So Miss game. They're playing in a deluge on field turf that's not draining. As a friend said to me, it's mesmerizing...

Just saw this post too late. \Maybe some old time Lions or Eagles fans can remember a Thanksgiving day game back in the late 60s in Detroit, the Eagles won 12-0 on 4 Sam Baker field goals and I swear it was almost knee deep at the 50 yard line even though you could not see the 50 yard line.

• 1 month later...

Well, USC is only a few hours away from getting destroyed by the Oregon Ducks.

The two worst coaching hires in Los Angeles recently have been Mike Brown for the Lakers and Lame Kiffin for USC. The losses to Stanford and Arizona this season were preposterous...and much of the blame rests with Lane Kiffin's play-calling and the inability to instill any sort of discipline with the team. Too many penalties every week, especially of the personal-foul variety.

Lane can recruit. But he cannot coach. He needs to go...and take his old man with him.

I shudder to think how many points Oregon is going to score on us.

Well, the Lakers got rid of Mike Brown. Now it is time for the other loser to hit the road...it is time USC cans Lane Kiffin. The ball-deflating incident is just the latest disgrace he's brought to USC.

Two guys who never should have been hired. One down...one to go.

Well, the Lakers got rid of Mike Brown. Now it is time for the other loser to hit the road...it is time USC cans Lane Kiffin. The ball-deflating incident is just the latest disgrace he's brought to USC.

I didn't catch that one, what happened? Kiffin has always been a clown, as you are already aware of!

Archived