Oh Dear - No Led Zep Tour 2008!

I'll go so far as to qualify my point of view. Presence was recorded at Musicland Studios in the basement of the Arabella Hotel in Munich between November 9th - 26th 1975. So

my position that his well ran dry at that time actually does include his stunning guitar

compositions on the Presence album. ITTOD is a good album, not a great one IMHO.

I'll have to look into the link betwen 24/6/69 and the Deathwish II soundtrack. Sounds

interesting.

Steve, IIRC, it's the second Communication Breakdown on the first disc of the official BBC set.

edit...yep....right at the 2:15 mark.

:rolleyes:The 10 year olds are home from school.

Says your man who posts in large coloured text and has spent the last however many pages posting the same thing over and over.

Anyway, as you were.

Can't see a tour happening - I think they'll do a few nights at the Garden though. Can't see any fucken point in them doing Glastonbury as Tarquin and Sebastian are more interested in the Hoosiers and that kerrazzy Killers cover of Romeo&Juliet these days.

Burn the Witch! Burn the Witch! Burn the Witch!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:P:hysterical:

Just for the quote, not the sentiment.

WTF ?? why all the rage at Kraus...because some troll posted the tour dates?..you know what ...im certain there wont be a tour, just as Im certain there wont be an album, just as i see that this whole circus was to satify a couple of massive egos..to prove they could....to leave everyone hanging now just rams home the point. the silence is what galls me..no thanks for the years, to say nothing of the dollars...if they bother to make an album of the o2 concert (i think they will rather keep that material, just for the sheer hell of it) i wont buy it. i need my money more than they do

I need my Zeppelin more than I need money!

As far as I'm concerned >ducking< Jason Bohnam is the fifth member of Led Zeppelin IMO. B)

Hear Hear! From the phoneclips i've managed to see the boy done good.

Really I think it is simple, get everyone to boycott the Plant / Krauss tour. Then he'll realize that Zep is where its at. C'mon Plant!

I was thinking this but didn't really want to suggest it. You'd have to be feeling a tad militant though.

Personally I haven't heard the plant/Krauss album but she is very pretty. :D I had heard a rumour around October that venue availability was being enquired about in the UK for April/May. 5 or 6 Zep dates leading into the Krauss tour? European leg after it? I'm sure Percy must keep hisself a bit fitter than he did in the glory days. I don't think Led Zeppelin 'owe' me a Glasgow date but I'd like one all the same. And if anyone's 'owed' a tour it's Blighty, the last time Zep played Glasgow was 197MF2. Bloody America had a tour on sale when Bonzo popped it.

I'm going to bed now. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Night All!

Says your man who posts in large coloured text and has spent the last however many pages posting the same thing over and over.

Anyway, as you were.

Can't see a tour happening - I think they'll do a few nights at the Garden though. Can't see any fucken point in them doing Glastonbury as Tarquin and Sebastian are more interested in the Hoosiers and that kerrazzy Killers cover of Romeo&Juliet these days.

:rolleyes:

I hope they all had a great time at the O2 on Monday night.

Robert needs to plan to tour with Zep not Alison ASAP lets not let it get too late, Come on!!!!!!!! Say yes to tour with Zep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rumor has it (if anything in this thread is to be believed) that Alison is sucking Robert's c*** and Jimmy isn't. Apparently the point of no return for Plant was at Knebworth...

helloGrated.jpg

This thread has officially jumped the shark....

So he has his tour with Krauss. That doesnt mean anythiing except that if we are to see Led Zeppelin in concert we will just have to wait longer. Late summer of 08 or fall of 08 would be perfect timing. The demand is so great for it to happen. And if Jimmy wants it to happen eventually I believe it will. In the mean time it would give them time to produce new material on the side. Most bands that make a comeback (big ones anyway) are not going to do it without a new album release. Look how long it took the Eagles. Now they will tour again. There is plenty of hope. Hope that hasnt been there for a very long time.

Remember the demand for a Beatles reunion?? Even bigger then Zep IMO. Did it happen? Did they all kind of feel the same way Plant does? They were proud as hell of being a Beatle, but those days are gone....and new and exiting things are on the horizon.......nothing personal at you bro......just I feel I need to keep hammering this till it sinks in to some of the people here. Raising Sand is a BIG DEAL. It's not Robert venturing into Allison's backyard....they are both venturing into uncharted territory and it's paying off w/ flying colors. This will probably be the biggest selling album of an Zep member since 1980. Plant has never sung duo harmony before and Allison has never recorded/played with drums before this project. They truly did meet at the crossroads. (they'll be on Crossroads really soon btw :P ) For Plant to even consider not taking Raising Sand as far as it will go would be criminal. I know you all want your Zep........well go boot hunting! I've got a couple hundred shows that say the 02 gig was not in the top 150 if that. Let the buzz of the reunion....and the emotion of it all wear off..you'll see what I mean when you listen to it months/yrs from now. From a really concentrated listen....it's like a 98 show w/ balls. Some magic, hardly any of the spirit of something fresh in the air. Sorry, That's my honest opinion. I would have loved to have been there! Afterall, it was the biggest of all "you had to be there" moments in rock history.

I tend to agree. It doesn't mean there wont be more Zep- and it isnt much of a surpise as he said he would be touring with her for quite a while- I normally would have been psyched to go see them, but after all of this I'm bummed.

I guess I am afraid- that once the momentum of this show dies down Robert will go back to thinking he is stuck on a hamster wheel if he goes the zep path-

My hope is that they agree to do more shows- and not a full-on tour as that would take way too much time and energy.

I say 4 nights each at big venues in NY, Chicago, and LA- would satisfy the majority of the fans!

and Seattle !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/atl/n...fic147042.shtml

News

Led Zep For Belfast?

Led Zeppelin may be preparing for a summer date in Belfast. Music industry rumours suggest that Ormeau Park may be the location of choice and that local promoters have already started with the planning application process.

This would be the band's first appearance here since 1971, when they premiered 'Stairway To Heaven' at the Ulster Hall.

The band are also looking at the possibility of shows at Madison Square Garden, New York, and Wembley in London. Sales of Led Zeppelin records have soared since their comeback show in London this week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/atl/n...fic147042.shtml

News

Led Zep For Belfast?

Led Zeppelin may be preparing for a summer date in Belfast. Music industry rumours suggest that Ormeau Park may be the location of choice and that local promoters have already started with the planning application process.

This would be the band's first appearance here since 1971, when they premiered 'Stairway To Heaven' at the Ulster Hall.

The band are also looking at the possibility of shows at Madison Square Garden, New York, and Wembley in London. Sales of Led Zeppelin records have soared since their comeback show in London this week.

I'd swim the Irish Sea if this went ahead :blink:

I think all this does is probably rule out Led Zep open air concerts , festivals etc. in Europe for summer of 2008. Our summer is so short that decent weather can only be tentatively guaranteed from about May until the end of August.

There might still be some chance of open air gigs in the USA for late summer 2008 perhaps followed by indoor European shows in the autumn. Jimmy Page would be expected to be the driving force behind any more Led Zep concerts and to do that he would need the full and unequivocal support of the other three, including of course Bonzo junior.

Archived