Oh Dear - No Led Zep Tour 2008!

Burn the Witch! Burn the Witch! Burn the Witch!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not cool! This is Robert's project as much as Kraus' . It's his most criticaly acclaimed album, and he has every right to tour to support it. I will certainly go.

It's logic that they wouldn,t announe a Zep tour before this one is over, so as not to overshadow it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/atl/n...fic147042.shtml

News

Led Zep For Belfast?

Led Zeppelin may be preparing for a summer date in Belfast. Music industry rumours suggest that Ormeau Park may be the location of choice and that local promoters have already started with the planning application process.

This would be the band's first appearance here since 1971, when they premiered 'Stairway To Heaven' at the Ulster Hall.

The band are also looking at the possibility of shows at Madison Square Garden, New York, and Wembley in London. Sales of Led Zeppelin records have soared since their comeback show in London this week.

I have never been to NI but this could be my chance :D

Let the buzz of the reunion....and the emotion of it all wear off..you'll see what I mean when you listen to it months/yrs from now. From a really concentrated listen....it's like a 98 show w/ balls.

Your always a clear voice of reason. For the most part, everything else is just static.

they are both venturing into uncharted territory and it's paying off w/ flying colors. This will probably be the biggest selling album of an Zep member since 1980. Plant has never sung duo harmony before and Allison has never recorded/played with drums before this project. They truly did meet at the crossroads.

Not to throw water on this, but duets are normally what aging singers do to help boost things up (think Sinatra). I'm not saying Raising Sand doesn't have its own merit, but you have to admit that there is a certain amount of calculation to it.

Hi All - this is my first post, so please be gentle with me!

I bought my ticket for the Robert & Alison concert in Manchester when they went on sale this morning ... you never know, Jimmy might pop by! (In my dreams.)

Seriously, though - a tour of this size will have been planned months in advance and realistically I don't think it would have made any difference to the decision on whether LZ will tour. They all looked as though they enjoyed themselves on Monday - although Robert seems the most reluctant of the quartet to tour, he's a genuinely nice guy, so maybe he'll agree to tour, just for us fans!

Failing that, maybe I'll take a banner to the Robert/Alison gig with an appropriate pleading message - any (polite) suggestions?! :D

You could try but you'd be chewed up and spat out in 5 minutes (and that'd just be from one of the laydeez!

Best city on the Planet (bar Barcelona), where the fuck's "The High Desert" anyhoo?

Glasgow Rocks!

in fact all of Scotland Rocks.

and I won't be told otherwise.

Hi All - this is my first post, so please be gentle with me!

I bought my ticket for the Robert & Alison concert in Manchester when they went on sale this morning ... you never know, Jimmy might pop by! (In my dreams.)

Seriously, though - a tour of this size will have been planned months in advance and realistically I don't think it would have made any difference to the decision on whether LZ will tour. They all looked as though they enjoyed themselves on Monday - although Robert seems the most reluctant of the quartet to tour, he's a genuinely nice guy, so maybe he'll agree to tour, just for us fans!

Failing that, maybe I'll take a banner to the Robert/Alison gig with an appropriate pleading message - any (polite) suggestions?! :D

Hi Lilith,

Goody for you! :cheer:

I would guess that by May he would have already made a decision regarding a LZ tour. Like you said, it would take time to organize and rehearse and with the added pressure by fans, I'd venture to guess that he would decide fairly soon. He's going into the studio in January to begin another album with Alison and I would think he'd want that decision out of mind and out of the way.

Have a blast at the show and welcome to the board! :)

I'll do it but only if my backstage rider is fully met:

36 packets of Wine Gums (assorted brands)

1x bottle of Tesco's Value Cough Medicine

Complete 'My Little Pony' video back catalogue

Last six months' issues of 'Rock Hairdresser' and 'Guitar World'

3x 500ml bottles of Sunny Delight (Firestarter flavour)

Palitoy Foot Spa with realistic 'jacuzzi' action

Pint of Jack Daniel's (and make it a large one)

Who is gonna sing then?

Not to throw water on this, but duets are normally what aging singers do to help boost things up (think Sinatra). I'm not saying Raising Sand doesn't have its own merit, but you have to admit that there is a certain amount of calculation to it.

I don't hear one iota of "calculation" in Raising Sand. If anything, it was a gamble. Fortunately one that has paid off for Krauss, Plant and T-Bone Burnett.

Don't like to point out the obvious, but there was never going to be a 'renunion' tour!! It's made very clear from the start -especially by Robert that this was a one off gig and not to be repeated. It's laid to rest the disasters of Band Aid and Atlantic 40th--just be grateful for that.

How is this considered "news"? Robert and Alison announced they would be touring in 2008 to support Raising Sand several months ago when the album was released. They only formally announced official dates last week. Did anyone really expect that he'd cancel the Tour with AK for some reason all of the sudden?

Don't like to point out the obvious, but there was never going to be a 'renunion' tour!! It's made very clear from the start -especially by Robert that this was a one off gig and not to be repeated. It's laid to rest the disasters of Band Aid and Atlantic 40th--just be grateful for that.

Alison does alot of traditional Bluegrass without drums, but she does often venture into the less traditional use of drums as well, both live and in the studio.

Incidentally, she's well known to be a fan of 1970s Rock music. When I saw her in Rochester a few years ago, she gushed about how she was smitten with Lou Gramm when she was a kid.

It might be a bit of calculated marketing, but look at the photo on the back of the Raising Sand CD and see if she doesn't look like she's thrilled to be, eh, partnering with Plant. ....not that she's been needing any boosting given her level of popularity and commercial success.

It might be a bit of calculated marketing, but look at the photo on the back of the Raising Sand CD and see if she doesn't look like she's thrilled to be, eh, partnering with Plant. ....not that she's been needing any boosting given her level of popularity and commercial success.

I still fail to see how Raising Sand is even remotely considered "calculated marketing". If anything, pairing those two artists was a huge gamble. Most people I'm aware of were skeptical of the pairing but have since been blown away by it. There's nothiing "calculated" about that. Plant, Krauss & Burnett were taking a chance in an industry where very few take chances anymore.

I still fail to see how Raising Sand is even remotely considered "calculated marketing". If anything, pairing those two artists was a huge gamble. Most people I'm aware of were skeptical of the pairing but have since been blown away by it. There's nothiing "calculated" about that. Plant, Krauss & Burnett were taking a chance in an industry where very few take chances anymore.

I agree. The work really does sound genuine to me too... like you would expect from a couple of musicians who each do the work primarily for the artistic gratification of it. It's definitely worth some listening time.

The marketing around the work, the packaging, may or may not be "contrived" in a way that may or may not have anything to do Alison's affinity for male rock singers. No way to really know, I suppose. All I know is that the pic on the back of the CD cover makes me think that the partnership between these two personalities has a certain commercial appeal.....especially to me! As a fan of both artists, I'd be surprised (and even a little hurt) if it were to come out that these two didn't get their own thrill from doing the work, and even from the packaging as well.

I want to see them live to share the musical experience, and also to watch their nonverbal interactions!

Let's hope that the tour will not last long.

Actually, I would've definitely attended to Plant & Krauss gig

but we all know what we really won't.

I agree what we really want...... :rolleyes: ..its nice to see Robert and Alison out and about but what about all of the Zep fans...which are really Roberts backing all of these years...any way thats for another forum I will jump to. Good Luck Robert on your tour forthcoming.

Why does a very short tour in may rule out any Zep tour for the entire year?

I think its time us Zep fans took some kind of positive action about a tour.

For example why not everyone just write to their management ...that would mean about a million letters, or a petition of some kind...be assured the guys and management most likely look at this forum. Or a thread here for reading with everyones name and country like an online petition though I guess all of these threads speak for themselves.

everyone with hopes and all of those who missed out...maybe all it takes is Robert to say yes maybe after this tour with Alison who knows...please Robert. :D

thanks.

Oh come on people. Sorry to be a spoilsport but why can't people be happy for Robert going out on tour to promote thealbum, a very fine album too.

This album/tour Robert and Alison for me deserves some respect and not all the "if it isn't Zep it doesn't' count" shit that seems to be going around.

Demanding Robert does more Zep shows would i feel make him dig his heels in more so because if he doesn't want to do it he won't.

So move away from this it has to be Zep or nothing mentality cos some of you will end up with nothing.

And I hope that people aren't going to turn up to shows just shouting and demanding more Zep shows, that would be disprespectful to Robert and Alison.

I would be pissed off if people did that.

So support his work if you like it.

I have supported his whole solo career and this is no different and so I have booked 3 shows here in the UK because i want to see my favourite singer up there enjoying himself cos that means I get to enjoy his music too.

Now don't get me wrong I would be first in the queue if Zep did more shows but this tour he is doing won't and can't be Zep.

So I am going to support this and I urge others to do the same.

Oh come on people. Sorry to be a spoilsport but why can't people be happy for Robert going out on tour to promote thealbum, a very fine album too.

This album/tour Robert and Alison for me deserves some respect and not all the "if it isn't Zep it doesn't' count" shit that seems to be going around.

Demanding Robert does more Zep shows would i feel make him dig his heels in more so because if he doesn't want to do it he won't.

So move away from this it has to be Zep or nothing mentality cos some of you will end up with nothing.

And I hope that people aren't going to turn up to shows just shouting and demanding more Zep shows, that would be disprespectful to Robert and Alison.

I have supported his whole solo career and this is no different and so I have booked 3 shows here in the UK because i want to see my favourite singer up there enjoying himself cos that means I get to enjoy his music too.

Now don't get me wrong I would be first in the queue if Zep did more shows but this tour he is doing won't and can't be Zep.

Bah-----Humbug! I want Led Zeppelin!!

Couldn't agree with you more Ledded!. No US dates have been announced yet but I hope to catch a show or two when they come to my hometown.

"If people dont talk about a tour,anything is likely.The more people talk,the more pressure on everybody"

Robert Plant,Rolling Stone

Did he think people wouldnt talk about a tour tho'?I was lucky(and wilful)to get in last week,there are a hell of a lot more people who didnt and would love a tour(and me!i want more,think theyd stretch out a bit more under touring conditions)...maybe if we all just whisper about it... ;)and yes,i'm booked for cardiff

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Bravo. I completely agree. I can't wait to see this tour and I intend to see as many shows as time and money will allow. I'm sick of this all or nothing attitude people have that if Robert won't tour with Zep, he's shite :angry: He's an amazing musician and not only do I love the work he's done on his own, but I have an enormous respect for him not just resting on his laurels but daring to go out on a creative limb and take all these fantastic chances.

Archived