Oh Dear - No Led Zep Tour 2008!

I see a lot of so-called "fans" putting words in Robert Plant's mouth when the man hasn't even spoken publicly about the future of Led Zeppelin since the 02 concert. What I have seen is a bunch of very selfish people suggest that Plant drop all his previous commitments to a Raising Sand tour so he can fulfill their needs for a Led Zeppelin reunion tour.

I see a lot of so-called "fans" putting words in Robert Plant's mouth when the man hasn't even spoken publicly about the future of Led Zeppelin since the 02 concert. What I have seen is a bunch of very selfish people suggest that Plant drop all his previous commitments to a Raising Sand tour so he can fulfill their needs for a Led Zeppelin reunion tour.

Think back to the days of the Beatles breakup. Do you think fans wanted to see Paul McCartney do an album with Linda (Ram) or John Lennon with Yoko?? Hell no! So Robert, listen up!! LED ZEPPELIN IS YOUR LEGACY LIKE IT OR NOT!!!!

i have to agree with Jahfin the man has a time line he must follow including time off, the man is not a machine you cant expect him to just drop the new cd because zep reunited... that wouldnt be robert if hes put the heart into something and the time we will see it through to the end, Including Zeppelin.

Bravo Jahfin....well said!!!

Think back to the days of the Beatles breakup. Do you think fans wanted to see Paul McCartney do an album with Linda (Ram) or John Lennon with Yoko?? Hell no! So Robert, listen up!! LED ZEPPELIN IS YOUR LEGACY LIKE IT OR NOT!!!!

This doesn't have anything to do with The Beatles. Raising Sand, as well as the publicity appearances and tour behind it were in the planning stages long before the reunion concert was even a twinkle in Harvey Goldsmith's eye. I would love to see Zeppelin myself but I'm not selfish enough to blame Plant for it. If a Zeppelin tour is in the cards it's going to happen regardless. It would be nice to see folks show Plant the respect he deserves, instead mostly all I'm seeing are selfish fans putting words in his mouth and demanding a Zeppelin tour on their own terms.

well said again people have to notice that RS was in the works way before any of the 02 was thought of. And i doupt it was a foot in the door to promote himself for zeppelin... plain and simple he wouldnt use people like that. Plus that album is fucking kick ass i love hearing "gone gone gone" even though it was the single its a brake though because he hasnt done much harmoy tunes with another artist, Now im not saying shes at par with him because he has the expirence, but shes won many blue grass awards and i think they compliment each other very well in terms of melodic tracks.

All in all we cant blame robert or Alison for this, shes probally loving the free ride shes getting by all this 02 up roar but you have to remember he wouldnt have sung with her if he didnt think she was good enough to do so not only that but the man is older then the days of his youth and this new sound/way of music is something all artists should do. How good would this world be if zep didnt do rasta/rock like "D'yer Mak'er" or alternate turnings for "Thats the way" ? i mean the man is rounding that ripe age why not let me do what he wants in terms of music... Its worked before for him in the past very well.

To be honest, I'm completely sick of all the Robert Plant bashing going on on this forum. Raising Sand was announced way before the O2 details were even leaked and everybody was saying that a Plant/Krauss tour would happen. Raising Sand is AMAZING, certainly one of Robert's best works throughout his career so why shouldn't he tour? It would be very rude to Alison to put her on the back burner after the tour has already been planned and the amount of work they both put in.

Robert doesnt owe us anything, buying Plant/Zeppelin stuff doesnt make you a shareholder or give you a right to tell him what to do, just as he hasnt got the right to tell you what to do with your career.

Also, they announed one month of dates :o not really many really seeing I doubt Zepp would go on tour extensively anyway, personally I think the odd gig now and again would be more likely.

Be thankful that Robert agreed to do the O2 gig and that he plays Zepp stuff in his set. Also, his set is not 90% made up of Zepp tunes, the "Mighty Rearranger" tour was just in which he played the majority of the album in his set that and he is not riding soley on the succes of Zep , as some people state.

Stop having ago at Robert AND Alison (she's not an f'n Yoko Ono!) and grow up! Yes a Plant/Krauss tour is no LZ reunion tour but the O2 gig was a one off and anything else is a bonus. Also, there are rumours a plenty about a few more LZ dates so watch this space, I know I will.

How is this comparable to the Beatles splitting? Led Zeppelin broke up 27 years ago. They've reformed for a one-off and have promised us nothing else. Robert is fully aware that Led Zeppelin is part of his legacy, but he's been an ex-member for over twice as long as he's been a member. I, like many others, am looking forward to the Plant/Krauss tour. If, after that, we get a Zeppelin tour then great - but I'm not holding my breath for any anouncement.

How is this comparable to the Beatles splitting? Led Zeppelin broke up 27 years ago. They've reformed for a one-off and have promised us nothing else. Robert is fully aware that Led Zeppelin is part of his legacy, but he's been an ex-member for over twice as long as he's been a member. I, like many others, am looking forward to the Plant/Krauss tour. If, after that, we get a Zeppelin tour then great - but I'm not holding my breath for any anouncement.

Amen.

Really I think it is simple, get everyone to boycott the Plant / Krauss tour. Then he'll realize that Zep is where its at. C'mon Plant!

Are you nuts? She is so great and Robert is what he is. It is so cool just to be contemplating a tour Ive been waiting since 77. Been a fan since HTH.

You guys 'n gals bring up an excellent point that the Plant-Krauss project has been in the planning for a long time now, much longer than the Zep reunion. Plant mentioned in a recent interview when he first phoned Alison to suggest they collaborate, she was speaking very spoftly because she was holding her sleeping baby. Since her child was born in 1999 according to imdb.com, I guess that means they began their project perhaps as early as 2000!

The splitup itself isnt the same. The great number of supporters clammoring for a reunion is similiar. As for Hand of Omega, I dont need to be told to grow up because I dont share your opinion.

OK, so far I've heard reasons that Plant won't/shouldn't tour with Zep next year to be:

1. He's got a dyed-blonde 36-year-old instead. Uh....if you're in this for looks, you're not a Zeppelin fan.

2. He's got a "critically acclaimed" album with her. Uh....if you care about critical acclaim during the lifetime of a band, you're CLEARLY not a Zeppelin fan!

3. Plant "owes" it to Alison or that project to tour it. How can you say he owes it to her, but not to any other project? Why not a Pictures at 11 re-tour? "Owes" doesn't have anything to do with it, PRO or CONTRA a Zeppelin reunion.

This is a Zeppelin board and the fact that pro-Zeppelin bias is considered a bad thing is comical. I don't know where any of you get off speaking about what Robert Plant's artistic intentions "should" be, all I know is what I, personally, want to see---a no-holds-barred Zep tour of 10-12 100K+ festivals in Europe, the US and Australia, so that everyone who is desperate to see them can see them.

Why is having an opinion suddenly a crime?

OK, so far I've heard reasons that Plant won't/shouldn't tour with Zep next year to be:

1. He's got a dyed-blonde 36-year-old instead. Uh....if you're in this for looks, you're not a Zeppelin fan.

2. He's got a "critically acclaimed" album with her. Uh....if you care about critical acclaim during the lifetime of a band, you're CLEARLY not a Zeppelin fan!

3. Plant "owes" it to Alison or that project to tour it. How can you say he owes it to her, but not to any other project? Why not a Pictures at 11 re-tour? "Owes" doesn't have anything to do with it, PRO or CONTRA a Zeppelin reunion.

This is a Zeppelin board and the fact that pro-Zeppelin bias is considered a bad thing is comical. I don't know where any of you get off speaking about what Robert Plant's artistic intentions "should" be, all I know is what I, personally, want to see---a no-holds-barred Zep tour of 10-12 100K+ festivals in Europe, the US and Australia, so that everyone who is desperate to see them can see them.

I thank you and applaud you for your opinion as they have insulted me and told me to grow up because I dared ask for a reunion over this Krauss thing. I compared it to when people wanted the Beatles to get back together and got insults thrown at me for it. thanks for at least seeing my side of it and I know we are not alone. Let them go watch Krauss and why they are at it let them get tickets to see Yoko. I want no fu--ing part of it. Give me Zeppelin or give me nothing!

I can't read 10 pages of this shit, so if it's been stated already, excuse my repetition.

Robert has a successful album out and is touring. Good for him. No one should begrudge him of this success. It is not hurting Led Zeppelin's future in any way. So relax and do what Zeppelin fans do best. Wait.

Months of planning (which translates into lots and lots of money) has gone into the promotion of Raising Sand, this also included the upcoming tour. I'm sure negotiations have been going for quite some time in order to secure venues in the UK and the US for this tour. So, because a few so-called Led Zeppelin fans don't understand Plant's obiligation to this project, he must now simply drop everything so he can tour with Led Zeppelin? For one, no one from the band has even spoken publicly about the future of Led Zeppelin since the 02 concert. For all intents and purposes that show was meant to be nothing more than a one-off as a tribute to Ahmet Ertegun. How does anyone know any different? No one from the band has said anything. Suddenly "fans" are putting words in Plant's mouth about the future of Led Zeppelin when the man hasn't even spoken about the future of Led Zeppelin since the 02 show (same for Page and Jones for that matter).

This is a Zeppelin board and the fact that pro-Zeppelin bias is considered a bad thing is comical.

I'd love to see Zeppelin in concert as much as the next person but I also am not selfish enough to expect Plant to drop everything in regards to Raising Sand to take part in a tour that's nothing more than pure speculation at this point.

I don't know where any of you get off speaking about what Robert Plant's artistic intentions "should" be, all I know is what I, personally, want to see---a no-holds-barred Zep tour of 10-12 100K+ festivals in Europe, the US and Australia, so that everyone who is desperate to see them can see them.

Sounds like what you want is more important to you than something Plant and Krauss committed to months ago, which is promoting Raising Sand via their upcoming tour of the U.K. and U.S.

It's not but I am wondering what "CONTRA" is.

We're all Zeppelin fans here, and I'm sure the vast majority of us would like nothing better than to see them tour in the future.

However, some of us respect the wishes of the band members; and if the upshot is no immediate prospect of a tour then so be it. Robert is commited to another project next year as is John Paul. Neither should pull out of these just to please the likes of you. Sure your entitled to your opinion, just as Robert is entitled to say 'no tour'.

We're all Zeppelin fans here, and I'm sure the vast majority of us would like nothing better than to see them tour in the future.

However, some of us respect the wishes of the band members; and if the upshot is no immediate prospect of a tour then so be it. Robert is commited to another project next year as is John Paul. Neither should pull out of these just to please the likes of you. Sure your entitled to your opinion, just as Robert is entitled to say 'no tour'.

According to some other recent threads the tour talk is heating up big time.

Talk of a tour was heating up even before the 02 concert. Only thing is, not one article I've seen has any direct quotes from the members of Led Zeppelin themselves. Without that you can pretty much chalk all the articles up to pure fiction.

Talk of a tour was heating up even before the 02 concert. Only thing is, not one article I've seen has any direct quotes from the members of Led Zeppelin themselves. Without that you can pretty much chalk all the articles up to pure fiction.

Exactly. Someone says something about a tour and numerous websites pick up on it and print as a likely thing. The only things we know so far is:

• Jimmy wants to tour but admits it doesn't look likely at present.
  • Jason would too, but has heard nothing about a tour.
  • JPJ seems easy either way.
  • Robert has stated it's a one-off, but latterly has said they may do the odd thing together in the future but no big tours.
  • Robert will be touring late spring onward into the summer (UK wise) with Alison.
  • Contrary to popular myth Zeppelin aren't playing Bonnaroo or Glastonbury.
  • They've never said a tour is on the cards, yet everyone seems to be expecting one.

Archived