New "FIVE" graphic on Official fb page

Yucko

Slow down, pal. Led Zeppelin was not a bonus on the day, it was the main act. Live at the O2 or Live from London would be a much more suitable title for the release.

IYO.

As it turned out they were made the "main act" by media and some of the fans. It was all about the occasion and honouring their friend and family's request to play as far as the members were concerned. I'd be very shocked and surprised if there is no reference to why they reunited and played in the first place. They can call it whatever they like and it won't make any difference to sales, now will it?

Yes - in 3d. :popcorn2:

No way. The concert was shot in 2D with 1080i cameras. Converting the footage to 3D isn't the best idea.

IYO.

As it turned out they were made the "main act" by media and some of the fans. It was all about the occasion and honouring their friend and family's request to play as far as the members were concerned. I'd be very shocked and surprised if there is no reference to why they reunited and played in the first place. They can call it whatever they like and it won't make any difference to sales, now will it?

The title will probably have no influence on sales. I just dislike that title.

No way. The concert was shot in 2D with 1080i cameras. Converting the footage to 3D isn't the best idea.

The title will probably have no influence on sales. I just dislike that title.

3d is shit. It bugs the crap out of my eyes and my head feels woozy afterwards. 2D is just perfect. Just the fact that you get to watch Zeppelin o the big screen is enough, hahaha xD.

Anyone else imagining Celebration Day to include modern fantasy sequences intertwined haha! Just picturing what they would do gives me a good chuckle. :hysterical:

in no way do I actually believe or want there to be fantasy sequences i am kidding of course so dont start a shite storm please :rtfm:

Thought I'd do a little snooping to see if I could find any info about North American screenings. Fandango was useless, as usual, but I did find this bit of info on the movietickets.com site:

http://www.movietickets.com/movie_detail.asp?movie_id=140995

A limited release on Oct. 17, 2012. Omniverse is listed as the distributing studio.

Several UK cinema websites are now showing Led Zeppelin: Celebration Day .. but without yet offering the opportunity to book. LOOKS as if the release is on a very wide scale.

Same release date , October 17 ( a relief: I can still remember the days when US film releases were MONTHS ahead of the UK ) .

I'm getting wonderful memories of the astounding impact of watching TSRTS : until then my only experience of Zep live was in photos and music paper articles, my only experience of their music was in studio recordings : I had no opportunity to do anything other than imagine ...

Imagine a wide-scale release of this new film ....many many more people with no real awareness of Led Zeppelin will be blown away ! :D

Thought I'd do a little snooping to see if I could find any info about North American screenings. Fandango was useless, as usual, but I did find this bit of info on the movietickets.com site:

http://www.movietick...movie_id=140995

A limited release on Oct. 17, 2012. Omniverse is listed as the distributing studio.

Great find Stryder! Glad I dont have to jump the border to Canada to watch a screening!

http://www.movietick...movie_id=140995

And it´s closed now. :wizard:

"No information is currently available for this movie. Please check back again later.

User Comments: Led Zeppelin: Celebration Day"

What do you think? Think about what you just asked...and really think about it. Does that even make any sense, fiscally or otherwise, that they would just release it on a few screens and not put out a dvd?

i hate sarcastic folk

Totally agree.

U2:3D is awesome, but to make one concert film, they filmed NINE shows, using different camera set-ups - otherwise the stage would have been clogged up with cameras. The results are stunning (even if you're not particularly a U2 fan), but only as the result of a major production project. Some lame retro-fit would just be embarrassing.

Archived