New "FIVE" graphic on Official fb page

Yucko

Btw: I hope SAJ's wrong. This shouldn't be the "final" release - it should be the kick in the arse needed to open the floodgates! :P

I think what better defines Jimmy's beliefs about what should come out from the vaults is this :

Q : "You're often described as the curator of Led Zeppelin's heritage. Are you ?"

Jimmy Page : "No, but I've certainly tried to make sure that there wasn't a rape and pillage of it. I'm very conscious that less is more."

This excerpt is taken from an interview done on March 10 2008, 3 months after the 02 show and printed in the last special collector's edition of Uncut Magazine.

I believe this to be the most relevant statement of Jimmy's inner vision.

They don't want/need to release a constant flow of Zeppelin stuff. Because demand and anticipation is partly created/generated by the way they DON'T act just like all the others artists regarding business. They NEVER did in the past, either. No matter how hard people want them to produce "new" stuff. Their career is an act of ART. NOT business. It will never be.

That being said I'm pretty convinced that they will release in the future a selected and limited amount of quality music taken from the vaults.

I think what better defines Jimmy's beliefs about what shoud come out from the vaults is this :

Q : "You're often described as the curator of Led Zeppelin's heritage. Are you ?"

Jimmy Page : "No, but I've certainly tried to make sure that there wasn't a rape and pillage of it. I'm very conscious that less is more."

This excerpt is taken from an interview done on March 10 2008, 3 months after the 02 show and printed in the last special collector's edition of Uncut Magazine.

I believe this to be the most relevant statement of Jimmy's inner vision.

They don't want/need to release a constant flow of Zeppelin stuff. Because demand and anticipation is partly created/generated by the way they DON'T act just like all the others artists regarding business. They NEVER did in the past, either. No matter how hard people want them to produce "new" stuff. Their career is an act of ART. NOT business. It will never be.

That being said I'm pretty convinced that they will release in the future a selected and limited amount of quality music taken from the vaults.

...Their career is "ART. NOT business"? BULLSHIT - it's both, and their pocketbooks can attest to that.

If this isn't the push to do something grand, then...I'll be deeply disappointed. I'm not saying they have to whore themselves out like bands such as Kiss or the Stones - but, c'mon, throw us a bone here. The mystique bull should stay in the past - now, it's just annoying.

So while we're at it, what does the team think χυμεία3 means?

....or is this covered in another topic?

This gets talked about a lot. This is a fake and certainly unrelated to the countdown.

I get great enjoyment out of seeing so many active members online at the same time. All the speculation and opinions are giving me a good Monday buzz.

Off again to the salt mines.

Looking forward to reading later what hasn't yet been written.

χυμεία3 (chymia3) is an already 2 year old theory that Zep "recorded an album that never got released"

The original website that began this claim has been taken offline already one year ago.

The site featured cut and paste material from Wikipedia and two videos with something that sounded vaguely like a Page clone noodling over some heavily synthesized vocals that made no sense (partially even backwards vocals)

Not one Zeppelin member was to be seen in one of the videos, only some pictures of water, vegetation and some hands.

The subject got discussed twice before, the guy who started the conversations got banned.

http://en.wikipedia....on%27s_O2_Arena

Dk if this has always had a Wiki page....and I know Wiki isnt always reliable. But it does have a Dec 2012 release on it.

Quote from another Zep forum:

I e-mailed the person who put up the Wikipedia article, and all his sources are cited, but he otherwise has no other information to report. He's as clueless as we all are.

Several solutions in my mind

1) Either someone is having us all on BIG TIME,

2) or it's a countdown to the release of the official DVD,

3) or the announcement of the release of the DVD

4) unless it's the countdown to the announcement of a major happening such as.... dare I fantasize it????.... dare I even so much as mention it???? ...a REUNION.

"Nah!! Rubbish!! No f*****g way!!" and I come back down to reality.

And then I wonder to myself "what if? Just, what if??"

Archived