New "FIVE" graphic on Official fb page

Yucko

Too bad it isnt an official release of Seattle '77, with a bonus cd set of Tempe '77 and Greensboro '75. :(

You don't need to rule that out man! nobody knows what's going to happen until the day the countdown ends. Don't get your hopes down.

I remember when the 2003 DVD came out, I called my local record store to see if they would have copies on release day (this was a whole week before it was set to release) The guy said: "If you wanna come down today I'll sell you a copy if you don't tell a bunch of people." I nearly shit myself! A week in advance of the official release date? I'll be right down!! Sure enough, he had a box full and let me buy it early!! I was on cloud nine all week long and watching it like a real "Insider." So that leads me to believe the countdown is for an "anouncement" of a new release, that will be on store shelves next month sometime....But the record stores actually get them a week or so early!

Sure we should be happy for any release, but the 02 show? :dont: Why? People want vintage Zeppelin and there sits three pro shot Earls Court shows and two Knebworth shows (shot with 16 camera angles) all with multitrack audio rotting in the vaults.

I dont want to be rude or argue in this holy momentum of waiting for a Big Announcement... I wanna more like enjoy the fun and share the joy with all you guys here... but... I have to disagree with you here. I will be more then happy if its the O2 2007 reunion show! And IMHO I am not alone. In fact I think you are in the minority here (although to see those shows you mentioned once properly released would be awesome too).

I accept Jason Bonham as Bonham and Led Zeppelin in 2007 as Led Zeppelin. For me, this was the only Led Zeppelin concert since I was alive (*1983) and overally the best concert of last decades. It had its full vibe and everything, atmosphere was electryfing and the perfarmance was astonishing. For all it was and for all it ment, it steps over anything recorded in the past and needs to be released in the first place.

I will regret for the rest of my life I didnt step up and go to London even without a ticket to only try to get there somehow or nail my ear to the O2 arena to be as close as I could if I didnt make it inside. This was my only one lifetime oportunity to see a band that ment so much to me since I was a kid, band that formed who I am and what I do. I was giving my hopes to a reunion tour, but I am 99% sure I missed my opportunity and thats it. O2 DVD is something I will love and enjoy, cos even youtube clips burst my tears everytime I play them, wishing I could move back in time and try harder to get there. I cant. O2 DVD is a plaster on my wounds that would never heal.

I hope it is AT LEAST the O2 DVD comming out announcement when countdown ends.

Edited for some typos. English is not my native language, so please excuse some errors:).

Nah, the vintage shows can come a bit later IMO (would love to hear them to though!). But I think most fans would want to see the o2 show. I mean the guys pretty much nailed it that night, something they failed to do in 85 and 88.

Also it really came out of the blue didnt it? Plant had been saying before the gig that he wanted no part in doing what he called "Cabaret" (sound familier?). But there he was, on stage, belting out Zeppelin tunes like a mad man. I was honestly supprised it even happened. So bring it on I say, cant wait! And hopefully they have even more suprises in store.

Nah, the vintage shows can come a bit later IMO (would love to hear them to though!). But I think most fans would want to see the o2 show. I mean the guys pretty much nailed it that night, something they failed to do in 85 and 88.

Also it really came out of the blue didnt it? Plant had been saying before the gig that he wanted no part in doing what he called "Cabaret" (sound familier?). But there he was, on stage, belting out Zeppelin tunes like a mad man. I was honestly supprised it even happened. So bring it on I say, cant wait! And hopefully they have even more suprises in store.

Why does Robert feel that way about zeppelin?? Is it because bonzo isn't with us anymore? Robert's always the one that never wants to go back, for what I've been led (haha) to believe.

I dont want to be rude or argue in this holy momentum of waiting for a Big Announcement... I wanna more like enjoy the fun and share the joy with all you guys here... but... I have to disagree with you here. I will be more then happy if its the O2 2007 reunion show! And IMHO I am not alone. In fact I think you are in the minority here (although to see those shows you mentioned once properly released would be awesome too).

I accept Jason Bonham as Bonham and Led Zeppelin in 2007 as Led Zeppelin. For me, this was the only Led Zeppelin concert since I was alive (*1983) and overally the best concert of last decades. It had its full vibe and everything, atmosphere was electryfing and the perfarmance was astonishing. For all it was and for all it ment, it steps over anything recorded in the past and needs to be released in the first place.

I will regret for the rest of my life I didnt step up and go to London even without a ticket to only try to get there somehow or nail my ear to the O2 arena to be as close as I could if I didnt make it inside. This was my only one lifetime oportunity to see a band that ment so much to me since I was a kid, band that formed who I am and what I do. I was giving my hopes to a reunion tour, but I am 99% sure I missed my opportunity and thats it. O2 DVD is something I will love and enjoy, cos even youtube clips burst my tears everytime I play them, wishing I could move back in time and try harder to get there. I cant. O2 DVD is a plaster on my wounds that would never heal.

I hope it is AT LEAST the O2 DVD comming out announcement when countdown ends.

Edited for some typos. English is not my native language, so please excuse some errors:).

well said, i was exactly the same, but luckily i got the golden e-mail and it was honestly the best night of my life. A night that will go to the grave with me engrained in my mind, and i for one hope and prey it is the O2 concert, because after reading hundreds of threads on here about it, it was as good as any other Zeppelin concerts in the 70's, and beleive you me Bonham jnr was every bit as good as his dad IMO.

Why does Robert feel that way about zeppelin?? Is it because bonzo isn't with us anymore? Robert's always the one that never wants to go back, for what I've been led (haha) to believe.

The main reason is the death of John Bonham, he was so important to the sound of the group, not to mention close friends to the other fellows, that they felt he couldnt be replaced. And thats a legit reason IMO.

On the other hand I dont think it would have killed anyone if they had got together under another banner with Jason on drums and done some stuff. But that doesnt seem to be something in the cards.

Archived