Never Forget

Led Zep Girl

I know we are super excited about the Led Zeppelin countdown that is happening but, for me, this is a day to reflect on what happened eleven years ago. Everybody remembers what they were doing when disaster hit. To me, I felt as if a 747 hit my heart. I was really hurt to see what had happened. There is tons of conspiracies out there but, you choose what you want to believe. If anybody would like to share their experience (s) of 9/11, feel free to do so.

I remember I was in my parents room sleeping that morning, and my dad woke my mom up and told her to get up and look at the television. So I got up with my mom and saw the plane crashing into one of the buildings - I forget if it was the first or second one. My dad didn't really say anything besides "something terrible happened" when I asked him about it. My dad had some friends in New York, and a few worked at the WTC. The next week or two I remember were very depressing, even though I was 3 and didn't know what was going on. My aunt came over as well - she had a friend who died in the second tower. That's all I remember of that day.

I know we are super excited about the Led Zeppelin countdown that is happening but, for me, this is a day to reflect on what happened eleven years ago. Everybody remembers what they were doing when disaster hit. To me, I felt as if a 747 hit my heart. I was really hurt to see what had happened. There is tons of conspiracies out there but, you choose what you want to believe. If anybody would like to share their experience (s) of 9/11, feel free to do so.

Well I think we pretty much have the big answers. Hatred of our way of life and jealousy no doubt. Extremists that got too much rope to play with and lax security at Boston especially, led to the worst day in modern history, comparable to Pearl Harbour and Nazi Germany. I do not like this President trying to take credit for taking down Bin Ladin. Gee, I thought a Navy seal shot the bastard. The sharks probably spit him out. He has a place in hell right next to Hitler. And those sons of bitches that pulled it off. I was on several flights last week, and it crossed my mind. But i though that with the amount of men on the plane, four guys with towels wrapped around their heads and a few box cutters would not have been enough. i would have fought them to the death just like those hero's on flight 93 and I know all of you would also. They probably thought it was a hijacking and that they were not intending to crash the plane or I think the other flights would have fought harder also. If you think you are going to be landing in Cuba and think they may have guns, I guess you would be less willing to put up a fight. I am sure they did fight them but could not get into the cock pit. Its a very sad day that never should have happened. And now we all have to go through hell to get on a plane. God bless and be with those that perished and their loved ones. We will never forget.

Led Zep Girl, I'm glad someone took the time to make this thread. I was just thinking about creating one myself, until I logged in to see this one. So thank you for doing this. And I agree, with all the excitement going on surrounding the 02 release, it's a little overshadowed (in a good way) but today is still a day of remembrance, even if it's just for a few minutes. It's an important day to recognize in American History, and for those people who lost family members, friends, etc in this tragic event. I think it's a little past due to start up on conspiracy theories, but it is necessary for every American to acknowledge this day.

Led Zep Girl, I'm glad someone took the time to make this thread. I was just thinking about creating one myself, until I logged in to see this one. So thank you for doing this. And I agree, with all the excitement going on surrounding the 02 release, it's a little overshadowed (in a good way) but today is still a day of remembrance, even if it's just for a few minutes. It's an important day to recognize in American History, and for those people who lost family members, friends, etc in this tragic event. I think it's a little past due to start up on conspiracy theories, but it is necessary for every American to acknowledge this day.

Thank you. I felt that we needed this thread. It's the least I could do.

Thank you. I felt that we needed this thread. It's the least I could do.

Yep, you got it..! I'm sure half of this site is American based folks, so I'm curious to see how many people will at least stop by and make a short little comment on the subject. I know the 02 release is a huge buzz, but almost 50 views here and only 4 post so far. Anyway, take care LZG - enjoy your day.

Yep, you got it..! I'm sure half of this site is American based folks, so I'm curious to see how many people will at least stop by and make a short little comment on the subject. I know the 02 release is a huge buzz, but almost 50 views here and only 4 post so far. Anyway, take care LZG - enjoy your day.

Well, you can definitely see where people's priorities are, not here. Thanks. I hope you have a nice day as well.

Well done for the reminder LZG. It' a tradgedy that we should never forget. My memores of this day are that on 11th September 2001 we were having some replacement windows fitted when the news broke, so we ended up sittng with the guy doing the work watching events unfold with things getting more horrific as the day went on. And then today we got the rest of the house done, 11 years to the day. But the coincidence did not occur to me until I saw this thread. Bizzare!!!.

Well done for the reminder LZG. It' a tradgedy that we should never forget. My memores of this day are that on 11th September 2001 we were having some replacement windows fitted when the news broke, so we ended up sittng with the guy doing the work watching events unfold with things getting more horrific as the day went on. And then today we got the rest of the house done, 11 years to the day. But the coincidence did not occur to me until I saw this thread. Bizzare!!!.

http://www.weather.com/news/remembering-911-20120911

It's funny that you mention coincidence. The weather in NYC is almost the same as it was on 9/11, even the day of the week, Tuesday. I don't like to be skeptical, but that's a bit bizarre as well.

Edited by Led Zep Girl

I used to do half days on Tuesdays where I worked at the time. When I got home the first thing I did was put the TV on. Neighbours was on, I think. After that there was a news flash about a plane crashing into the World Trade Center in New York. I never imagined how bad it would get. I spent the rest of the day glued to the screen, scared and horrified at what I was seeing.

I think more British people lost their lives that day than in any single terrorist attack on British soil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzWGgJKCAAI

Well, you can definitely see where people's priorities are, not here. Thanks. I hope you have a nice day as well.

That's not exactly a fair assumption.

For one thing, there have already been multiple threads dealing with 9/11 here and it may be that a lot of people are 'talked out' on the subject. They've said what they needed to say and don't feel like reliving it.

Secondly, for many people(myself included), 9/11 is still something that we're not comfortable sharing in public...some feelings are a private matter and not up for public consumption.

So don't judge the lack of response here as meaning anything.

I don't think there's a single thing wrong with stopping in to make a simple little quote, post, comment, what have you-just to acknowledge the day.. Not saying everyone HAS to do that, but only 10 post...and half are from myself and LZG? I think it would at the least show respect for the events of that day (and this day), rather than just passing it up, ignore it, etc. I know a few (one in particular) Anti-American British D-Bag that is no longer with us here as of recently (thank god, finally!!!) that would have probably had a smart remark or two on the subject. I think it's just the proper thing to do, to post at least something in conjunction with the created thread topic- After all-it only comes ONE day a year......

As far as not being comfortable...Well, if you still feel that upset over it or for any other reason, you surely have that right NOT to converse. No need to go into theories, details, etc-just a simple "never forget" would suffice.

Edited by Rock Historian

^^^

RH, you are aware that the British lost many lives on that day, too? So I don't think it's fair to assume a Brit would necessarily have something negative to say about 9/11. I'm not even sure I know who you're referring to: Beetleron? Big Dan? Joe Liverpoole? Major Major? Knebby?

Okay, I'm fairly sure you don't mean Knebby.

Anyway, it was very thoughtful of LZG to remember and create her thread. If I gave the impression otherwise, I am sorry.

Edited by Strider

^^^

You are aware that the British lost many lives on that day, too? So I don't think it's fair to assume a Brit would necessarily have something negative to say about 9/11. I'm not even sure I know who you're referring to: Beetleron? Big Dan? Joe Liverpoole? Major Major? Knebby?

Anyway, it was very thoughtful of LZG to remember and create her thread. If I gave the impression otherwise, I am sorry.

Major Major....c'mon-you couldn't guess that??? with all the crap that guy talked......endlessly.

Anyway, you did kinda give that impression otherwise, which triggered my response. I guess you coulda expressed that to start...sometimes your a tough old bastard :P

^^^

RH, you are aware that the British lost many lives on that day, too? So I don't think it's fair to assume a Brit would necessarily have something negative to say about 9/11. I'm not even sure I know who you're referring to: Beetleron? Big Dan? Joe Liverpoole? Major Major? Knebby?

It's okay Strider. ^_^

I was in 5th grade when it happened, that would have made me eleven. The day before I got to stay home from school because I was sick. I was trying to find a way to convince my mom to let me stay home again. She said I was going to school, and that was that. As I was getting ready for school I turned on the tv for a split second. I remember I saw a plane flying and read "terrorist attack" on the ticker. I was going to tell my mom, but I decided not to. I turned the tv off and went to school.

I assume what was on tv was either live or tape playback of the second hit. My mom had no idea that anything was happening until she got home from taking me to school and saw it on tv. I had a substitute that day, and the only piece of work I remember doing was a word search about New York, and my teacher's apology about it.

I got out of school at 3:00 and I knew that something had happened, but I didn't know what it was. When I got home my parents and I sat and watched the news playback for hours. I remember being sad and crying when I saw the people on the streets in shock and horror and the collapse of the towers.

The one image that I can clearly recall from that day is seeing video of someone jumping out of the window and falling towards the ground. The news only played that clip once. Even though it's been 11 years, I still get a little queasy when I see any of the videos of people jumping.

I have seen all that I can find of 9/11. I have watched hours and hours of raw video, seen tens of thousands of images, read a large number of reports, everything. Every once in a while I get a burning curiosity and dive again into my archive of footage and images which currently takes up about 600 gigabytes. Why? Because I find it interesting. The audacity of the attack, the shear size of it, the damage it caused, and the mechanics of the event. It was something completely unheard of and unimaginable.

9/11 has since become fodder for crackpot conspiracy theorists and internet d-bags. Go to any world trade center video on youtube and either the comments have been disabled, people are making jokes, or are arguing about how the U.S. had it coming. Most of the theories I have read are so far fetched, it makes me wonder how people can even come up with them.

After 11 years it still brings out certain emotions, but they aren't as strong as they once were. I still feel a little twinge when I see the twin towers in a movie. I have respect for the event, the people who died and their families and will never forget what happened.

I was in 5th grade when it happened, that would have made me eleven. The day before I got to stay home from school because I was sick. I was trying to find a way to convince my mom to let me stay home again. She said I was going to school, and that was that. As I was getting ready for school I turned on the tv for a split second. I remember I saw a plane flying and read "terrorist attack" on the ticker. I was going to tell my mom, but I decided not to. I turned the tv off and went to school.

I assume what was on tv was either live or tape playback of the second hit. My mom had no idea that anything was happening until she got home from taking me to school and saw it on tv. I had a substitute that day, and the only piece of work I remember doing was a word search about New York, and my teacher's apology about it.

I got out of school at 3:00 and I knew that something had happened, but I didn't know what it was. When I got home my parents and I sat and watched the news playback for hours. I remember being sad and crying when I saw the people on the streets in shock and horror and the collapse of the towers.

The one image that I can clearly recall from that day is seeing video of someone jumping out of the window and falling towards the ground. The news only played that clip once. Even though it's been 11 years, I still get a little queasy when I see any of the videos of people jumping.

I have seen all that I can find of 9/11. I have watched hours and hours of raw video, seen tens of thousands of images, read a large number of reports, everything. Every once in a while I get a burning curiosity and dive again into my archive of footage and images which currently takes up about 600 gigabytes. Why? Because I find it interesting. The audacity of the attack, the shear size of it, the damage it caused, and the mechanics of the event. It was something completely unheard of and unimaginable.

9/11 has since become fodder for crackpot conspiracy theorists and internet d-bags. Go to any world trade center video on youtube and either the comments have been disabled, people are making jokes, or are arguing about how the U.S. had it coming. Most of the theories I have read are so far fetched, it makes me wonder how people can even come up with them.

After 11 years it still brings out certain emotions, but they aren't as strong as they once were. I still feel a little twinge when I see the twin towers in a movie. I have respect for the event, the people who died and their families and will never forget what happened.

Thank you for sharing. My experience is a lot like yours. Those buildings were so beautiful.

Edited by Led Zep Girl

It seems like yesterday to me.

My wife had left for work. I was watching CNBC as usual, before heading out for my work, when David Faber commented that a plane had flown into the WTC.

I immediately turned to a news channel and saw the huge gash with flames and smoke billowing out.

It kind of blurs from there. I believe I had to leave before the second plane hit.

I was conducting my business in a customer's house when the first building collapsed and the young homeowner lost it. She said two of her cousins worked in the WTC. I later found out they were not among the deceased.

I blew off the rest of my day and came home to watch the remainder of September 11, 2001, unfold.

^^ So true planted

I remember I had just started as part of the opening team of The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa. I was scheduled to fly to Manhattan on the 12th for an industry event. A few of my friends had already arrived early that morning or the evening of the 10th. Our event was at the WTC. I remember so vividly my Mom called me just screaming my name and crying. I finally calmed her down and said "Mom you called me at home, I'm OK." I had turned the news on during our conversation and I remember just freezing, thinking this cannot be happening. I then returned a call to my son as he had left a message while I was on the phone with my Mom.

I just watched CNN the remainder of the day. So many emotions. I had no family, but a few friends who worked in those buildings.

I did take some time today to pause and remember, as I am sure I will do for the rest of my life.

I was sleeping that day too and had a hell of a time getting on the internet due to traffic. I went to the store later that day and was mostly in a state of shock.

I'm wondering when the post office will make a commenorative stamp?

Edited by redrum

My 9/11 day was yesterday as I'm on the other side of the International Dateline. I remember that morning vividly and all the thoughts I had that the world would never be the same. Everything from wars starting up (which did happen) to federal checkpoints to go through while traveling across state lines and federal ID cards (which didn't). I was working from a truck when the news came on the radio. When I got back to the office - no one was there - they were all huddled around a TV set in a supply room watching the horrors unfold. One woman in our office was franticaly trying to contact her daughter who went to New York that week on a class field trip. This was the day they were scheduled to go to the WTC. She couldn't get a hold of her as phone lines were jammed. Eventually she couldn't take it anymore and went home. Good thing she did as waiting on her answering machine was a message from her daughter saying she was fine!

I think they should show video of that day every anniversary to remind people of that horror and why we have to go through security hassles like we do. And remind people that we can NEVER let our guard down again!