Led Zeppelin to receive Kennedy Center Honor

Janvier

Kravitz is really great, live especially. Kid Rock is shite but he did have a connection to Ahmet, and appeared at the tribute to him in Montreux 2006.

The lineup is just so unimaginative, it's if the powers that be just said "Let's through out some well known rock stars & hope it sticks". Everyone in the lineup, even Heart who I like, I can see just doing bar band renditions of Zeppelin songs. If Jack White were available or if a Flaming Lips were asked they might have been closer to the adventurous side of Zeppelin & then have a Heart on as well. It's just going to be boring I feel... but of course I'll be watching along with everyone else.

It's just going to be boring I feel... but of course I'll be watching along with everyone else.

It was not boring, I assure you. It was loud and it was rocking and it was fantastic!! I'll post more later...no time now as I'm heading to the airport, but all I can say is WOW! In fact, I noticed a few older people in the crowd covering their ears because of the noise and their eyes because of the light show...lol. I, of course, sat there with a big silly grin on my face, rocking out. So much fun!!

It was not boring, I assure you. It was loud and it was rocking and it was fantastic!! I'll post more later...no time now as I'm heading to the airport, but all I can say is WOW! In fact, I noticed a few older people in the crowd covering their ears because of the noise and their eyes because of the light show...lol. I, of course, sat there with a big silly grin on my face, rocking out. So much fun!!

Wow, You must have had a great time! Cant wait to hear how it was for you. Lucky devil! :wizard:

Glad to hear that they enjoyed themselves; my impression was Jimmy didn't look too happy/comfortable in the photos and very brief clip I saw.

I look forward to seeing Ann & Nancy Wilson, who are great. No comment but a retching sound on Kravitz, Kid Rock and the odious Foo Fighters, whose announced "hiatus" was apparently a cruel hoax.

I wish him great success in his acting career - hopefully he'll abandon music. He's an "architect" now too, someone let him design a condo tower in Miami for reasons I cannot begin to fathom. We don't even know if the guy graduated high school.

Sorry for the negativity - it's Monday morning and I've got my grouchy pants on (speaking metaphorically).

Robert is so so quick on his feet! I don't know how to clip video but if you go to 1:45 he has a pretty funny answer to a political question. (He's asked another question earlier on if you watch the whole thing.)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/dustin-hoffman-alec-baldwin-on-kennedy-center-honors/2012/12/03/07c2ffba-3d4b-11e2-a2d9-822f58ac9fd5_video.html

Did anyone else catch the interesting quote from Plant on Foxnews.com?

The trio is scheduled to appear Monday on CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman." They are often asked if they'll reunite.

Plant told The Associated Press he plans to continue traveling the world and wants to make new music along the way.

"If anybody wants to write some new songs, I'm game to write songs," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/12/02/letterman-led-zeppelin-receive-kennedy-center-honors/

Ah, here's a clearer picture of 'mystery' woman with Jimmy.

If this is not Jimmy's mom but their accountant, it begs the question: why would he bring his accountant to such a prestigious event and not his mother?

EDIT: I know this is a question concerning his personal life and I respect his privacy. I have two boys and if they were ever invited to a fancy pants awards ceremony where they are recipients, I would want to go. "I had to put up with you during your teen years. You owe me!" :P

If this is not Jimmy's mom but their accountant, it begs the question: why would he bring his accountant to such a prestigious event and not his mother?

IF this is Zep Accountant, Joan Hudson (and i do not know that it is) she is a long-time member of the Zep inner circle and is a Director in many of their endeavors and after John's death she was representing John Bonham's Estate.

Seems to be a very smart and loyal lady who has worked very hard right along with the boys behind the scenes.

IF this is Zep Accountant, Joan Hudson (and i do not know that it is) she is a long-time member of the Zep inner circle and is a Director in many of their endeavors and after John's death she was representing John Bonham's Estate.

Seems to be a very smart and loyal lady who has worked very hard right along with the boys behind the scenes.

It's not Pat Bonham, is it?

Archived