Led Zeppelin to receive Kennedy Center Honor

Janvier

I just pray they don't edit any of the performances for Led Zeppelin. If I'm not mistaken the performers were: Lenny Kravitz, Kid Rock, Dave Grohl et. al, and then the grand finale with the Wilson sisters/Jason/Choir, correct??

You will be disappointed. One song more than likely it would be Stairway. Two songs tops would be my guess.

You will be disappointed. One song more than likely it would be Stairway. Two songs tops would be my guess.

We might be lucky and they keep everything. It's just ten - an hour left and it's only David Letterman's tribute (shouldn't take too long) and then our boys!

...well darn commercials in-between. -_-

We might be lucky and they keep everything. It's just ten - an hour left and it's only David Letterman's tribute (shouldn't take too long) and then our boys!

...well darn commercials in-between. -_-

I might be wrong. They gave Buddy Guy a pretty decent spot. We may get a few tunes after all.

You shouldn't be so sceptical. The KC people are pros... :)

Great show, as always.

Wasn't that awesome!? It was great seeing the guys reactions, which was something I couldn't see at the show. The edited out Black Dog by Foo Fighters and BIGLY by Kid Rock. Still, it was a fantastic tribute!

The show was very well done, really enjoyed it. Loved Lenny and "Stairway". The presentation built as the song builds. So good. I think the band was even impressed. I was teary eyed right along with Robert.

Just finished watching it on CBS and what an awesome tribute to Led Zeppelin. I was so touched by Robert Plant's tears, it brought tears to my own eyes. I have no words really to describe how this band has touched me as a teen and to this day, still one, if not, the only rock band in the world that brings me to heaven every time I listen to them. Congratulations Led Zeppelin. You are the reason God gave us ears!

I was already teary eyed prior to the performances but when Jason came out wearing his father's hat... & then the entire choir wearing a version as well... then Jason looking up at the end of "Stairway"... it was a subtle tribute only a Zeppelin fan would get. I cried my eyes out. And then the whole house turning to Jones, Page, & Plant... it was the greatest of tributes. I am extremely proud to be a Led Zeppelin fan tonight. At long last, the proper acknowledgement & respect for the genius of what those men were & represented. The love in the house for them... beautiful is the only word.

Archived