Led Zeppelin to receive Kennedy Center Honor

Janvier

The guests usually don't perform, but I would guess Dave Grohl will be there supporting his Crooked Vultures bandmate, as he had done for McCartney. Maybe Alison Krauss or Patty Griffin. They do try to get someone popular now, and an old friend of the band to perform for about 15-20 minutes. Jack White is another name I could see them inviting. Heart, who also had some history with JPJ could def. sing a LZ song or two. Eddie Vedder, who sang with Plant years back, another possibility, and Tori Amos. It's not up to Page and Plant who does the songs, so we'll see.

In case you missed it, the rules of the Kennedy Honors make it MANDATORY that all recipients have to appear(with the exception of death, of course), so Robert, Jimmy, Jones, and some representative of the Bonham family WILL BE THERE.

It's my understanding that the President of the US will be awarding the Medals to Jimmy, Robert, and JPJ, and, that's it, as far as the Zeppelin family goes.

The way it works is this award is not given posthumulously to anyone, and there are no proxys. So even if Bonham's family members are present, there will be no medal given out for John. The medals are being awarded to only the surviving members of Led Zeppelin.

I've never watched this honor show, so would it be silly of me to think they may perform together that night?

The honorees don't perform, there's a selection of other artists who pay tribute to the honorees by performing their music. It will be interesting who they select to perform for them. When the Who were honored, part of the NYCFD sang Baba O'Reilly.

The honorees don't perform, there's a selection of other artists who pay tribute to the honorees by performing their music. It will be interesting who they select to perform for them. When the Who were honored, part of the NYCFD sang Baba O'Reilly.

Don't know what NYCFD stands for. Probably familiar, but can't think of it now. Inform me. Thanks.

I tracked down the Who and Paul McCartney's Kenndey Center honorees musical tributes to get some background.

I hope for zeppelin the tribute will also include their acoustic music and world music offerings.Plus dynamics, light and shade, all that good stuff

From what I could tell all of the tribute guests were American?

In an earlier post someone quoted that nobody knows ahead of time who the guest artists will be. I noticed Dave Grohl is in both the tributes for the Who and Paul McCartney. Steven Tyler is in the tribute for Paul McCartney.

Watever they decide to do i think will be great...if the tribute guest artists are all american some ideas for my list of guests (not in any particular order) would include Joe Bonamassa, Gregg Allman/Warren Haynes/Derek Trucks/Susan Tedeschi, Allison Krauss, Chris Thile, Sara watkins, Mavis Staples, Stevie Wonder((TrampledUnderFoot), Santana (FoolInTheRain+/or?), Jack White, , Joe Perry, CSN&Y (not all american-who cares), great to see Dave Grohl and Steve Tyler there- for me I would hope they don't dominate the evening as i'd like to see others tribute also, Chris and Rich Robinson, Slash, Myles Kennedy, Josh Homme, Josh Stone, Lenny Kravitz, Ben Harper, tori Amos .

Now that I've compiled my list... I guess what I've done is listed a lot of the artists I can think of who have played with the members of Zeppelin and others that I thought would just be fun to see them performing a tribute if they were interested...who would you like to see? .

P.S. how much fun would it be to help choose the set list ... i guess it depends on the guests artists...a set list that comes to mind for me RNR.TUF,WIAWSB,SIBLY,GTC,AML,K,WWL

Anyway it's all good to me , i guess i just got excited aobut it all. peace

Go get U2. Bono is loved by every human being in the world and its at-least a band that could be in the same paragraph as Led Zep. but of course, they will get someone like Nickleback, or Kid Rock, or The Killers, or whomever can get their record company to donate the largest amount of money. Im sure they will trot out old man Steven Tyler and whomever is on the current CBS music show.

Still a great day and a great honor.

I tracked down the Who and Paul McCartney's Kenndey Center honorees musical tributes to get some background.

I hope for zeppelin the tribute will also include their acoustic music and world music offerings.Plus dynamics, light and shade, all that good stuff

From what I could tell all of the tribute guests were American?

In an earlier post someone quoted that nobody knows ahead of time who the guest artists will be. I noticed Dave Grohl is in both the tributes for the Who and Paul McCartney. Steven Tyler is in the tribute for Paul McCartney.

Watever they decide to do i think will be great...if the tribute guest artists are all american some ideas for my list of guests (not in any particular order) would include Joe Bonamassa, Gregg Allman/Warren Haynes/Derek Trucks/Susan Tedeschi, Allison Krauss, Chris Thile, Sara watkins, Mavis Staples, Stevie Wonder((TrampledUnderFoot), Santana (FoolInTheRain+/or?), Jack White, , Joe Perry, CSN&Y (not all american-who cares), great to see Dave Grohl and Steve Tyler there- for me I would hope they don't dominate the evening as i'd like to see others tribute also, Chris and Rich Robinson, Slash, Myles Kennedy, Josh Homme, Josh Stone, Lenny Kravitz, Ben Harper, tori Amos .

Now that I've compiled my list... I guess what I've done is listed a lot of the artists I can think of who have played with the members of Zeppelin and others that I thought would just be fun to see them performing a tribute if they were interested...who would you like to see? .

P.S. how much fun would it be to help choose the set list ... i guess it depends on the guests artists...a set list that comes to mind for me RNR.TUF,WIAWSB,SIBLY,GTC,AML,K,WWL

Anyway it's all good to me , i guess i just got excited aobut it all. peace

No Doubt sounded pretty good doing the Beatles tunes....McCartney was singing along....and then the camera moves slightly to show Oprah (with that unsure look on here face)...that killed it for me

No Doubt sounded pretty good doing the Beatles tunes....McCartney was singing along....and then the camera moves slightly to show Oprah (with that unsure look on here face)...that killed it for me

Oh god it could be so excruciating ...

As this video shows, it's ALL about the cutaway shots of the awardees.... McCartney played it very well in the circumstances.

Don't know what NYCFD stands for. Probably familiar, but can't think of it now. Inform me. Thanks.

New York City Fired Department...since the Who were one of the first bands to sign up for the benefit concert after 9/11, the Fire Dept. wanted t

o repay the favor.

Im feelin Jack White for That's the Way, Going to California and Tangerine....

Jack+Black++in+School+Of+Rock.jpg

Why don't we we go in a different direction, and have Jack Black onstage to pay tribute to LZ, instead of that sourpuss Jack White ?

I think that Jack Black could give the appropriate send up that both the audience and the boys would appreciate !

Archived