Led Zeppelin to receive Kennedy Center Honor

Janvier

Hey, folks. It's been a while since I've posted here, but I'd just like to chime in and say how proud and happy I am to see Zep get the recognition they've deserved for decades! I don't know what all of the recent activity means or if it means anything at all, but for almost twelve years these men gave us some of the most wonderful music in the world and I don't reasonably expect anything more. To have their music honored in the eyes of my country is to permanently put them among the ranks of America's most iconic cultural figures, and that is truly extraordinary.

A new live album wouldn't hurt, though. :)

Thanks for all this information. I can not wait to the 26th. Jimmy looks so handsome -- but they all do. I am so very happy for them. I thought about a comment earlier about it must be killing Jimmy that there will probobly be no more reunions after this. It's so sad to think about that.

Does anyone know when the Charlie Rose interview will be ? That will be as fascinating as the Letterman one.

Thanks for all this information. I can not wait to the 26th. Jimmy looks so handsome -- but they all do. I am so very happy for them. I thought about a comment earlier about it must be killing Jimmy that there will probobly be no more reunions after this. It's so sad to think about that.

People have been saying that for thirty years. ;)

Kid Rock?!?! Why not just get the "Gangnam Style" guy. Terrible lineup outside of Heart. At least Dave Grohl has a legitimate connection even though the Foo Fighters are awful. Lenny Kravitz? It was nice that he had Plant open for him in 93 but he's just a rehash of better artists.

Kravitz is really great, live especially. Kid Rock is shite but he did have a connection to Ahmet, and appeared at the tribute to him in Montreux 2006.

It was a nice short ceremony. Some good humor too (from President Obama) regarding the band and the reference to trashing hotel rooms back in the day. He said something to the effect that good thing, we're in a room in which the windows are three inches thick and the secret service is present.

Great to see them finally get this honor as it's long overdue.

Waiting for someone to make a comment about Jimmy sitting in between Robert and JPJ (in the photo above). Don't think we need to go there again as there's nothing there!

It was a nice short ceremony. Some good humor too (from President Obama) regarding the band and the reference to trashing hotel rooms back in the day. He said something to the effect that good thing, we're in a room in which the windows are three inches thick and the secret service is present.

:)

P.S: Thought it was an okay speech. It was clear the President didn't know much about the band. -_-

Or his speechwriter.... I haven't seen it yet. though. Maybe Bill should've given the speech - his comments on Buddy Guy last night are pretty heartfelt -.'Buddy Guy's life is a miracle,' Clinton said. 'Just imagine you want to be a guitar player and you get your first strings by tearing off the screen door. ... He came from that to this.'"

"Thanks for all this information. I can not wait to the 26th. Jimmy looks so handsome -- but they all do. I am so very happy for them. I thought about a comment earlier about it must be killing Jimmy that there will probobly be no more reunions after this. It's so sad to think about that."

With respect Pagette, If it is still killing Jimmy then it is a sad comment...If he can make it thru screwing with dark magic and living in degenerate Crowley's house, I think he's strong enough to know the band has called it a day and gone out with style. After all that was 5 years ago this coming week...I think Page is the best at what he does ...I am sure he'll get into working on their catalogue remastering and be fine with things.

Did I just read this correctly.... Plant is up for writing new material with Page & JONES?

Somebody please??!!?

http://www.usatoday....honors/1740773/

This is what Robert Plant said: "If anybody wants to write some new songs, I'm game to write songs." Robert made no reference to JP or JPJ. No one in particular is mentioned.

"Thanks for all this information. I can not wait to the 26th. Jimmy looks so handsome -- but they all do. I am so very happy for them. I thought about a comment earlier about it must be killing Jimmy that there will probobly be no more reunions after this. It's so sad to think about that."

With respect Pagette, If it is still killing Jimmy then it is a sad comment...If he can make it thru screwing with dark magic and living in degenerate Crowley's house, I think he's strong enough to know the band has called it a day and gone out with style. After all that was 5 years ago this coming week...I think Page is the best at what he does ...I am sure he'll get into working on their catalogue remastering and be fine with things.

I was refering to Lambeau Leap's post here.

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/18959-jimmy-page-robert-plant-john-paul-jones-to-give-rare-interview-on-letterman/page__st__40

Archived