Led Zeppelin to receive Kennedy Center Honor

Janvier

From Fox News:

Big names from the rock world dressed in black tie for the occasion to honor their h

eroes in Led Zeppelin as a string ensemble played "Kashmir" and other tunes at the State Department.

Foo Fighters singer Dave Grohl said he never took any music lessons when he was starting out because "my teachers were Led Zeppelin. ... They were the most powerful thing in my life." Lenny Kravitz said their music was special and became a lasting part of the culture of rock and roll.

"It's very difficult," he said. "You get four guys that come together and make something so much more powerful than they all are."

Zeppelin front man Robert Plant said he was flattered and overwhelmed in receiving the American culture prize. He said he was glad to see his former band mates, John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page, using good table manners.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/12/02/letterman-led-zeppelin-receive-kennedy-center-honors/

I'm sure this has been covered and I don't mind being redundant, but isn't Led Zeppelin riding the crest of an incredible tidal wave? And no band, whether still active, retired, or gathering dust in their mansions, is as potent a topic and popular as is Led Zeppelin? The last few weeks have been mind blowing.

Did I just read this correctly.... Plant is up for writing new material with Page & JONES?

Somebody please??!!?

http://www.usatoday....honors/1740773/

True he didnt mention Jimmy or JPJ's. But he's at an honors ceremony for Led Zeppelin with them. The entire function is ABOUT Led Zeppelin. Who else would he be talking about? Unless he's talking about writing music with any other artist on the planet except those two.

I am so happy, excited and proud of them! What an incredible experience to receive such an honor, to be recognized for their talent and hard work. And let's not forget John Bonham's role and memory in all of this. I am sure he is there in spirit and in the hearts, thoughts and minds of the other three.

And Gigi is there in person, witnessing this first hand. Lucky duck!!

In looking at the honoree arrivals it struck me that the members of Led Zep never bring their wives or SOs or kids to such events as everyone else does. I'm sure their families would love to meet Buddy Guy or any number of other interesting people. Were they not at the Celebration Day premieres either?

In looking at the honoree arrivals it struck me that the members of Led Zep never bring their wives or SOs or kids to such events as everyone else does. I'm sure their families would love to meet Buddy Guy or any number of other interesting people. Were they not at the Celebration Day premieres either?

They do. I saw Logan Plant in the audience earlier this evening at the reception with the POTUS.

And there are several photos and YouTube footage of their families at the London film premiere. You just have to look.

would loved to hear the exchange from Bill Clinton -he vibing in these shots with the boys

I would have love to heard that too. :D

It would be great if more came out of this. I am so so happy for them and I agree -- Bonzo should be there. I am sure he is in spirit.

They do. I saw Logan Plant in the audience earlier this evening at the reception with the POTUS.

And there are several photos and YouTube footage of their families at the London film premiere. You just have to look.

They were also at a brewery in Delaware together.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20121129/ENTERTAINMENT/121129013/Robert-Plant-son-stop-by-Dogfish-Head

Here's a copy of the president's speech to the honoree's... the zeppelin part comes in at about paragraph 15..some great lines in this no wonder the guys were laughing.http://www.deadline....enter-honorees/

That was good -better than I expected based on previous comments!

Love all the photos- thanks everyone for posting!

Whaaa? I thought they said Lenny Kravitz was gonna sing that one...unless he sang it with backup from the Symphony.

Urgh. Is it the 26th already????

And to think they're going to edit things so it fits into the 2 hour time slot (WITH commercials!)

You won't have to wait till the 26th to find out who sang. Check out the Washington Post tomorrow. They'll do an in-depth review

The bit about the symphony came from a friend of mine who works in wardrobe.

Archived