Led Zeppelin to receive Kennedy Center Honor

Janvier

Aww. Is it terrible for me to say he sounded so 'cute' in that clip? Or perhaps more awestruck at the whole thing?

You just can't help feeling so proud of them especially thinking of how they all started. What a journey it's been indeed.

Thanks for sharing the clips, Deb J!

Yes Strider, great read, great thread all in all, and a friggin great time to be ZepAlive ! Feel like a kid again with all this Zep Wonder rekindled.Happy, happy !

I was Bobtised in 1969, so his DNA is still floating around inside me. Someday I will have to write my Zep diary. Fifty shades of something...

Someone may have posted it you've all seen it before anyways but on the night the awards are shown, that evening, the late show will re-broadcast the episode with the remaining members of Zeppelin.(which I think that is pretty cool)

There's a good write up from Chicago Sun Times on Buddy Guy on Kennedy Center honors

“This was the first time I ever sat down and talked to Jimmy

,” Guy reported. “He told me I turned him around. When they first saw me, those British guys didn’t know a Stratocaster could play blues — until I went there. Now I’m going to seek out Jimmy and invite him to sit in on an album. I understand they [Zeppelin] don’t play much together much anymore.

http://www.suntimes....dc-tribute.html

Aw man, he WAS crying!! And now I'm getting all teary-eyed. I'm such a sap.

It must have been a really touching performance. Can't wait!!!

Yeah, that few seconds got to me as well.

There good write upfrom Chicago Sun Times on Buddy Guy on Kennedy Center honors

http://www.suntimes....dc-tribute.html

I hope this happens,I'd love to hear it. :)

Aww...found it out now, reading this thread helps...:)

By the way, wonder that there are no comments about the appearence on Letterman, hilarious interview! If John Paul Jones had not become a musician, he would have been a great stand-up comedian too :) His humour is as dry as the desert

Aww...found it out now, reading this thread helps... :)

By the way, wonder that there are no comments about the appearence on Letterman, hilarious interview! If John Paul Jones had not become a musician, he would have been a great stand-up comedian too :) His humour is as dry as the desert

There's an entire thread devoted to the Letterman appearance

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/18959-jimmy-page-robert-plant-john-paul-jones-to-give-rare-interview-on-letterman/

Also, one for the CBS Sunday Morning appearance, and the CBS This Morning (with Charlie Rose) appearance. All in the News section.

Enjoy!

I just pray they don't edit any of the performances for Led Zeppelin. If I'm not mistaken the performers were: Lenny Kravitz, Kid Rock, Dave Grohl et. al, and then the grand finale with the Wilson sisters/Jason/Choir, correct??

That sounds about right from what I've read.

so I'm on the phone with my Mom tonite and I throw out "Don.t forget to watch the Kennedy Honors show tonight" and she says... "The only ones I care about are Led Zeppelin!" She's 76 years old! I could'nt believe it !

Archived